can I bring my own water?

mcatmcat

7 hours ago, retird said:

After paying several thousand (usually) for a cruise holiday, why do cruisers want to carry their own water on?   Ive never had a problem obtaining quality water from the dispensers

I agree.  The water out of the faucet and at dispensers tastes better than many municipal water sources.   Especially water I have tried to drink out of the tap in Florida.  Initially, I was apprehensive but no longer.  

8 hours ago, retird said:

After paying several thousand (usually) for a cruise holiday, why do cruisers want to carry their own water on?   Ive never had a problem obtaining quality water from the dispensers

Some passengers mistakenly believe that there is salt in the ship’s tap water which causes their ankles to swell, and try to avoid that by bringing their own bottled water aboard, especially if they don’t have a beverage package.

in truth, this is a mistaken belief. The ships tap water does not contain salt. However, some of the food is heavily salted.   For those who do not add salt to their food at home, they may find that the addition of the salt in the food they consume on board can cause ankle swelling, in combination with some possible mild dehydration.  The solution is to drink more water.  Tap or bottled, it won’t matter.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, retird said:

Agree..I don’t get it either. 

7 hours ago, saminina said:

Please define quality.

Quality can be defined as conformance to specifications. The degree to which a product meets the design specifications offering a satisfaction factor that fulfils all the expectations that a customer wants.

As we live in Florida it is so easy for us to carry on liters of water (I like to have them in my room) when departing from FLL as we drive and park.  We carried on 4 liters on embarkation day and then bought 8 more at the first port of call as well as a 6 pack of Diet Coke (San Juan the Walgreens is opposite the port) ... no problem at all from Celebrity (this was last week) 

Edited by Piaa
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, retird said:

When I drink the ship water , my ankles swell. When I drink the bottle water I carry on they don’t.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, retird said:

I like to take my own water on-board so that I don't have to purchase ships bottles when going out on tours.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Piaa said:

As we live in Florida it is so easy for us to carry on liters of water (I like to have them in my room) when departing from FLL as we drive and park.  We carried on 4 liters on embarkation day and then bought 8 more at the first port of call as well as a 6 pack of Diet Coke (San Juan the Walgreens is opposite the port) ... no problem at all from Celebrity (this was last week) 

Good to hear.  We aren't doing a drink package, so we will bring on what we want.  Thank you.

18 hours ago, retird said:

The water on board comes from the onboard desalinazation system.  Some people find the traces of salt in the ship's water bothers some. Others just prefer their own brand.

7 hours ago, horseymike said:

When I drink the ship water , my ankles swell. When I drink the bottle water I carry on they don’t.

You are not alone.  On our recent cruise out of NJ we flew in the night before and did not have a chance to pick up a case but I did see any number of cases of water being delivered with luggage on day 1.

8 hours ago, horseymike said:

That might be easier to follow if you also said that you don’t drink any drinks with ice, or have any soup, or drink, coffee, or tea, or anything else that is made with the ships water.

• Like 3

Just now, cruisestitch said:

That might be easier to follow if you also said that you don’t drink any drinks with ice, or have any soup, or drink, coffee, or tea, or anything else that is made with the ships water.

I can only tell you what works for me , It’s not like I enjoy hauling the water.