Bed near balcony or bathroom

4 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I know this is an over-asked question and I should know the answer but how can you tell the placement of the bed on Oasis, Quantum, Voyager, and Radiance class ships.  Is this true for JS cabins as well?

only applies to balconies on OA and QN class.

I copied this from WAAAYTOOO and use it all the time.

1.  Imagine yourself standing in the hallway, and on the deck layout, find the closest set of connecting staterooms (double-sided arrow). The stateroom on the right side of the double arrows is the "right" configuration (I call that the "right" configuration b/c I prefer this arrangement AND it is located on the right side of the adjoined pair.  Just makes sense).  The stateroom on the left is the "wrong" configuration.

2.  Then begin moving toward your cabin, alternating, right, wrong, right, wrong.  When you land on your cabin, you will know whether it is the "right" (bed by the balcony) or "wrong” (bed by the bathroom).

If you don't place yourself INSIDE the ship, in the hallway you will get it exactly backwards...so be sure that you are "counting" from the inside perspective, not the outside of the ship.  Sorry if that's confusing.  Trust me, I have made that mistake before.

• Like 3

Oasis class

find a pair of connecting cabins.  looking at them from the hall the cabin on the right has bed by the balcony, the cabin in the left has the bed by the bath.  cabins are built in pairs and this pattern repeats.

The pattern is opposite for QN class

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Huh??  What only applies??    How does that answer my question?

It answers your question by letting you know that bed locations only vary on Oasis and quantum class ships and only in balconies.

Read my follow up post to determine bed location for OA and QN class ships

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Psycho and Barb said:

I copied this from WAAAYTOOO and use it all the time.

1.  Imagine yourself standing in the hallway, and on the deck layout, find the closest set of connecting staterooms (double-sided arrow). The stateroom on the right side of the double arrows is the "right" configuration (I call that the "right" configuration b/c I prefer this arrangement AND it is located on the right side of the adjoined pair.  Just makes sense).  The stateroom on the left is the "wrong" configuration.

2.  Then begin moving toward your cabin, alternating, right, wrong, right, wrong.  When you land on your cabin, you will know whether it is the "right" (bed by the balcony) or "wrong” (bed by the bathroom).

If you don't place yourself INSIDE the ship, in the hallway you will get it exactly backwards...so be sure that you are "counting" from the inside perspective, not the outside of the ship.  Sorry if that's confusing.  Trust me, I have made that mistake before.

Just note that this is only for Oasis class ships.  For QN class the pattern is opposite.

Another way to determine bed placement is to note that all balconies that hold 4 guests on Oasis and QN will have the bed by the bath so the cabin on either side of it will by default have the bed by the balcony

Cabins that hold 2 guests can have either bed configuration

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Another way to determine bed placement is to note that all balconies that hold 4 guests on Oasis and QN will have the bed by the bath so the cabin on either side of it will by default have the bed by the balcony

Cabins that hold 2 guests can have either bed configuration

Ok, now I'm confused. We're in 12714, to the right of connecting rooms would would say that the bed should be by balcony. But we have 4 people which according to your statement would have the bed by the bath?

image.png.21441cdb5c779e78a28f71e6ed03010d.png

No.  The alternating pattern indicates that 12714 would have the bed by the bathroom.  12712 is the "right" orientation so the room next to it (12714) would be "wrong" meaning the bed is near the bathroom.  Remember....you must start your orientation/alternating from the HALLWAY.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

No.  The alternating pattern indicates that 12714 would have the bed by the bathroom.  12712 is the "right" orientation so the room next to it (12714) would be "wrong" meaning the bed is near the bathroom.  Remember....you must start your orientation/alternating from the HALLWAY.

Got it, I was thinking the room to the right of the connecting rooms was the "right" room. But I see, it's the right room of the connecting rooms. Thank you!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, msuspartabigten said:

Ok, now I'm confused. We're in 12714, to the right of connecting rooms would would say that the bed should be by balcony. But we have 4 people which according to your statement would have the bed by the bath?

image.png.21441cdb5c779e78a28f71e6ed03010d.png

Yes that is bed by the bath

33 minutes ago, msuspartabigten said:

Got it, I was thinking the room to the right of the connecting rooms was the "right" room. But I see, it's the right room of the connecting rooms. Thank you!

The trick is that on that class of ship, the balcony cabins are installed in pairs, so the one on the right side of a pair has the bed by the balcony. Find connecting cabins and you find a starting point "pair". 

• 2 weeks later...