Celebrity home porting at Port Canaveral in Dec 2024

Jeremiah1212

Beginning in late Dec 2024 Equinox will shift from South America to home porting in Port Canaveral. This will change the November 2014 repo that was scheduled from Lisbon to Buenos Aires on Equinox and the 24/24 Equinox South America cruises. 

Bermuda & Portugal Tranatlantic

Portugal: Lisbon; Portugal: Porto (Leixoes); At Sea; Azores: Ponta Delgada; At Sea; At Sea; At Sea; At Sea; Bermuda: Royal Naval Dockyard; At Sea; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Nov 21

Bahamas Getaway

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); Bahamas: Bimini; At Sea; Bahamas: Nassau; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Dec 3

Belize, Honduras & Mexico

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; Mexico: Costa Maya; Belize: Belize City; Honduras: Roatan; Mexico: Cozumel; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Dec 14

Eastern Caribbean Holiday

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; Dominican Rep: Puerto Plata; Puerto Rico: San Juan; St. Kitts & Nevis: Basseterre; At Sea; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Dec 21

St. Maarten, San Juan & Labadee Holiday

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; At Sea; St. Maarten: Philipsburg; Puerto Rico: San Juan; Haiti: Labadee; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Dec 28

Puerto Plata, San Juan & St. Kitts

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; Dominican Rep: Puerto Plata; Puerto Rico: San Juan; St. Kitts & Nevis: Basseterre; At Sea; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Jan 4 Feb 15

Key West, Puerto Plata & Labadee

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); Florida: Key West; At Sea; At Sea; Dominican Rep: Puerto Plata; Haiti: Labadee; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Jan 11, 25

Puerto Plata, San Juan & St. Maarten

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; Dominican Rep: Puerto Plata; Puerto Rico: San Juan; St. Maarten: Philipsburg; At Sea; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Jan 18 Mar 29

Grand Cayman, Jamaica & Labadee

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; Grand Cayman: George Town; Jamaica: Falmouth; Haiti: Labadee; At Sea; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Feb 22

Key West, Jamaica & Grand Cayman

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); Florida: Key West; At Sea; Jamaica: Falmouth; Grand Cayman: George Town; At Sea; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Mar 8

Bahamas, Labadee & Puerto Plata

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); Bahamas: Nassau; At Sea; At Sea; Haiti: Labadee; Dominican Rep: Puerto Plata; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Mar 22

Puerto Plata, Labadee & Bahamas

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; Haiti: Labadee; At Sea; Dominican Rep: Puerto Plata; At Sea; Bahamas: Bimini; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Apr 5

Bimini, Belize & Mexico

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; Bahamas: Bimini; At Sea; Belize: Belize City; Mexico: Cozumel; At Sea; Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral)

Apr 12

Bermuda & Portugal Transatlantic

Florida: Orlando (Port Canaveral); At Sea; At Sea; Bermuda: Royal Naval Dockyard; At Sea; At Sea; At Sea; At Sea; At Sea; Portugal: Madeira (Funchal); At Sea; Portugal: Lisbon; At Sea; Spain: Cartagena; Spain: Palma De Mallorca; Spain: Barcelona

Apr 19

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 1

• Jeremiah1212 changed the title to Celebrity home porting at Port Canaveral in Dec 2024
6 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

interesting.  I wonder if that means Celebrity is going to move another ship to do S America.

Not sure yet. The early 2025 South America cruises were removed yesterday. Possibly pulling Infinity from year round Med already? I think there will be a number of announcements in the next few days. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

I just received an email from Celebrity the new and exciting details are coming August 22. Port Canaveral does not show on the Celebrity website. The article that I read also said August 22.

The 22nd is when these new Port Canaveral sailings will be on sale. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SeaDayLvr said:

Eclipse going South America in early 2025 in place of Equinox.

Although I don't do cruise ship scheduling for a living, I am mildly surprised that they didn't just move Eclipse over to Port Canaveral and leave Equinox out of it (1 ship move instead of 2).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Although I don't do cruise ship scheduling for a living, I am mildly surprised that they didn't just move Eclipse over to Port Canaveral and leave Equinox out of it (1 ship move instead of 2).

Highly doubt Eclipse is taking over for Equinox in SA. Celebrity did not confirm that this morning and all of the impact routings that would be impacted are still for sale. All of the other impacted itineraries that are shifting have been pulled down. 

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Highly doubt Eclipse is taking over for Equinox in SA. Celebrity did not confirm that this morning and all of the impact routings that would be impacted are still for sale. All of the other impacted itineraries that are shifting have been pulled down. 

If they decide to do South America, I am guessing that they would go with a Millennium class ship (Infinity used to do this run) or possibly go with Edge class.  I don't see them going with another Solstice class ship for the reasons I outlined earlier.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I'm on the phone with them now, and they said the SA Equinox booking i have is cancelled.  Currently on hold as they look into what the compensation is or if it is just a cancel/refund.  I was also surprised there was no mention of what was happening to the SA bookings this morning.  

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Agree, Canaveral is about as far as I want to drive...around 480 miles from where we live.  

Agree. We drive from Woodstock. Port Canaveral and Tampa are OK but Ft Lauderdale & Miami are a stretch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

Couldn't read it unless I subscribed to the Orlando Sentinel.. Oh well...

I don't have a subscription either , but was able to read it.  Sorry about that.  Here is another news source on the subject:

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/08/murray-thrilled-with-celebrity-cruises-coming-to-port-canaveral/

• Thanks 1