Honey Stung Chicken

bigque

15 hours ago, HicksRA said:

The only problem with the paella was that the guy in front of you in line would walk away with 30 shrimp on his plate and all that was left was half open mussels.  

And the person behind you would growl because you took the last mussel!

🤣

😡

Edited by Engineroom Snipe
needed extra emoji
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, BND said:

I remember before our first cruise on RCI, reading all the people raving about Honey Stung Chicken.  Boarded our first Royal ship-Grandeur, went to the WJ and grabbed some.  I found it anything but Honey Stung lol.  It was breaded chicken with a little flavor.  Nothing special at all.  We now eat in whatever Specialty restaurant is serving lunch, although Jewel in Oct doesn't have one open on embarkation day.  I guess it's back to the WJ for prob salad and whatever looks okay.

Same here, I remember everyone talking about how good it was and made a note to myself to try it the first day, then I told my wife this and we went to Windjammer on Majesty 13 years ago and tried it and, it was like, what?? Do people consider this good...?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

At least the Kummelweck is there all cruise... and they were good on Wonder in June so don't lose all hope.

We haven't eaten them for years as the first ones we had were pretty grisly.  I'm hoping they are good on Allure this time around cuz I'm taking my Nlaws there on boarding day.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bigque said:

Who has been around long enough to remember the old time honored tradition of eating honey stung chicken that was always served at lunch on embarkation day in the Windjammer! That was a must have Windjammer delicacy back in the day! I remember if you didn’t get there early enough they would actually run out of it! 🙂

The funny thing about this comment is, I thought that was a Carnival tradition.  Been a while since I've been on either Carnival or RCCL - did Carnival have them too?  But I definitely remember it as being a first-day tradition, so, sounds like I am misremembering it as Carnival and it's actually only RCCL.  

Sorry to hear they don't do it any longer.  

21 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

We haven't eaten them for years as the first ones we had were pretty grisly.  I'm hoping they are good on Allure this time around cuz I'm taking my Nlaws there on boarding day.

There will be fat somewhere in the hunk of roast beef, nature of the beast (see what I did there?). You shouldn't be given a slice with a huge piece of fat in it of course, but it's also not filet mignon.

Hope the family enjoys them. If not... plenty of other stuff to eat as you know. I actually like the paninis at Park Cafe better than the Kummelweck, especially the Cuban... as long as they actually press them long enough to become crispy.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

There will be fat somewhere in the hunk of roast beef, nature of the beast (see what I did there?). You shouldn't be given a slice with a huge piece of fat in it of course, but it's also not filet mignon.

Hope the family enjoys them. If not... plenty of other stuff to eat as you know. I actually like the paninis at Park Cafe better than the Kummelweck, especially the Cuban... as long as they actually press them long enough to become crispy.

I did enjoy the Cuban served on Coco Cay. One of the better snackerals I have had on RCI.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I did enjoy the Cuban served on Coco Cay. One of the better snackerals I have had on RCI.

I have to revisit it. I'm such a fan of the snack shack chicken sandwich and making tacos (they're really not special but I rarely eat anything close to Mexican at home b/c of my picky wife) that I haven't tried the Cuban since my first trip there.

20 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

My embarkation day tradition after that, which seemed to be on every ship, was paella... and sadly they didn't have that either on Wonder in June.

Somehow I survived and found plenty to eat, of course, but I did enjoy the paella when it was freshly made.

Same here, the chicken and then the paella, truly a sign that the cruise had begun.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UnregisteredUser said:

Same here, I remember everyone talking about how good it was and made a note to myself to try it the first day, then I told my wife this and we went to Windjammer on Majesty 13 years ago and tried it and, it was like, what?? Do people consider this good...?

Same here. I found it to be disappointing. TV dinner quality. 

10 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Mike, I don't mind fat, that's tasty, it's the rubber band junk you can't chew I detest.

Rubber band junk sandwich? Sounds yummy! 🤣

Guess I misunderstood. Hope they're rubber band free!

9 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Thanks Sunny, I'm gonna try it today with chicken tenders and Panko instead of bread crumbs.

If you really want to kick it up a bit, try breading it with crushed honey nut cheerios in place of panko😇

On 8/15/2023 at 4:31 PM, bigque said:

Who has been around long enough to remember the old time honored tradition of eating honey stung chicken that was always served at lunch on embarkation day in the Windjammer! That was a must have Windjammer delicacy back in the day! I remember if you didn’t get there early enough they would actually run out of it! 🙂

We always looked forward to it. Haven't seen it for several cruises.