Poor Customer Service

Devonport D

I just received an email from Cunard regarding our QV cruise Cape Town to Southampton April 2024.

I noticed my club loyalty is Gold we think it should be Platinum, so Tuesday I called the customer loyalty number and a man took all my details, I asked him to check all information on my account, whilst on hold the line was cut off, not by me, annoyed twenty minutes wasted.  

My wife said do not worry they will call you back - they did not.

After a one hour wait I called again a lady called Jackie answered more details who are you where do you live etc, I explained I had been cut off by previously by Cunard and I am not happy - yes that sometimes happens - really? And no call back?

I purposely said if we are cut off please call me back - ok she said. After a further ten minutes with her hummimg and hamming o yes I think I can see the problem -Yes what is the problem?

Oh dear looks like we have a IT problem and cant help you at present - ok can you please call me back when the IT is fixed yes no problem she said, that was Tuesday  it's Thursday tomorrow and no return call, if I wanted to book a cruise I can guarantee there will be no I.T problems.

If your not interested in helping me with my enquiry please just tell me, so I can then take my business elsewhere, as a Carnival shareholder i am very disapointed.

Well, since the cruise is not until April, I guess you have a bit of time to have everything checked out and reviewed.  Cunard has always provided excellent service to me, but I try to be patient and calm as I know there are always priority situations that can arise in the world of travel, and life. (One time I was on hold with Cunard for an hour or more, but I know they are trying their best, so I am always nice.)

I mean, I live here in Philly, and Bruce Springsteen is supposed to give a big concert here tonight, and he just cancelled a few hours in advance!!  Think of all the poor ticket holders falling all over themselves ---43,000 tonight and the next (tomorrow is also cancelled!). He is ill, so who knows when they will reschedule, and one ticket cost as much as $5000.00!

I have had very good service emailing Cunard. It may take a few days to get an answer but I also got responses and results. Plus, it creates a “paper” trail for accountability. You have plenty of time to resolve your issue. 

• Like 2

What precisely is wrong with Cunard "loyalty" programme anyway?  It's been five or more years since the website even existed or worked for this... it used to show all your past voyages, days aboard etc.and one could get nostalgic seeing QUEEN ELIZABETH 2, CARONIA etc.  But Cunard has "IT issues" with this and other former functioning parts of their website that have outlasted three Prime Ministers and counting. 

6 minutes ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

What precisely is wrong with Cunard "loyalty" programme anyway?  It's been five or more years since the website even existed or worked for this... it used to show all your past voyages, days aboard etc.and one could get nostalgic seeing QUEEN ELIZABETH 2, CARONIA etc.  But Cunard has "IT issues" with this and other former functioning parts of their website that have outlasted three Prime Ministers and counting. 

I can see all my past cruises/nights onboard on the Loyalty section of my Cunard account.

3 hours ago, Devonport D said:

I just received an email from Cunard regarding our QV cruise Cape Town to Southampton April 2024.

I noticed my club loyalty is Gold we think it should be Platinum, so Tuesday I called the customer loyalty number and a man took all my details, I asked him to check all information on my account, whilst on hold the line was cut off, not by me, annoyed twenty minutes wasted.  

My wife said do not worry they will call you back - they did not.

After a one hour wait I called again a lady called Jackie answered more details who are you where do you live etc, I explained I had been cut off by previously by Cunard and I am not happy - yes that sometimes happens - really? And no call back?

I purposely said if we are cut off please call me back - ok she said. After a further ten minutes with her hummimg and hamming o yes I think I can see the problem -Yes what is the problem?

Oh dear looks like we have a IT problem and cant help you at present - ok can you please call me back when the IT is fixed yes no problem she said, that was Tuesday  it's Thursday tomorrow and no return call, if I wanted to book a cruise I can guarantee there will be no I.T problems.

If your not interested in helping me with my enquiry please just tell me, so I can then take my business elsewhere, as a Carnival shareholder i am very disapointed.

Your loyalty status doesn’t change until

after voyages have been completed. Have you ever had a cruise where you were given another loyalty number ? If so

that can easily be resolved.I would try ringing again. That particular colleague may not have been working for when it was fixed. Luckily time is on your side to get it fixed.

3 hours ago, Devonport D said:

Devonport D, if you are resident of the UK 

e mail    ukworld.club@cunard.co.uk

Requesting cruise history , you will receive a reply within a day asking to provide three security questions 

A full history of past cruises including any booked future cruises will be e mailed back within two days including confirmation of loyalty level, number of cruises taken and total number of days.

Couldn't be any simpler.  

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I tried to use the UK site, but I couldn't set up an account because I don't have a UK postcode. 

Perhaps more importantly, you probably don't have a UK Cunard World Club number either. There are separate Cunard World Club systems for the UK, North America and Australia/New Zealand. Even if you were able to create a login on the Cunard UK site, you wouldn't get anywhere trying to associate it with a North American Cunard World Club number.