OBC gift?

You use to be able to phone up and buy obc for your account in advance of sailing.  At a very good rate of exchange 

But haven't done it for at least five years , so not sure if its still possible 🤔 

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Thought it would be under Gifts & Gear in the Planner but it isn’t? 

I think it was removed from there and you have to call, though I don’t recall if that is available for markets outside of the USA. 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

I think it was removed from there and you have to call, though I don’t recall if that is available for markets outside of the USA. 

Yes it was available- and it was a very favourable exchange rate.  I seem to think it was even on the website years ago ( 10 ish?) to pick in £25 increments 

7 hours ago, little britain said:

Can you still buy OBC as a gift for someone, or even add it to your own account? 
Thought it would be under Gifts & Gear in the Planner but it isn’t? 
thanks. 

It is still on the gifts and Gear website:

https://www.royalcaribbeancertificates.com/

Capture.JPG

Edited by orville99

27 minutes ago, little britain said:

Thanks - not under G&G in my planner 

The link I posted should still work for you even though it says it is for U.S. customers only.

Edited by orville99

21 minutes ago, little britain said:

I was thinking of a way you can load obc to your account or as a gift.. that form doesn’t ask for a booking # ?

No it doesn't. What you will receive is a "certificate" via email with a certificate serial number and a certificate authorization code. You (or whomever you gift the certificate to) go back to the website where you purchased the certificate and click on the redeem link (or just click the link in the email). That is where all of the information specific booking information is collected.

14 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Gift Certificates are not treated the same as buying refundable OBC.

True, but nonrefundable OBC is always used first on board, so the gift certificate OBC will disappear quite rapidly.

Also, we had applied one of the certificates to a cruise that was ultimately cancelled and RCL reinstated the certificate so we could apply it to another cruise.

Edited by orville99

3 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

This is what I've used to buy myself 3 GC and apply to our upcoming October cruise as OBC 🙂

No booking info needed to purchase, that is entered when redeemed 🙂

Yep, we do this on cruises that we didn't book while on board, and I will often purchase one and add it to DW's account so she can take advantage of the spa.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Yep, we do this on cruises that we didn't book while on board, and I will often purchase one and add it to DW's account so she can take advantage of the spa.

I also have fun seeing whatever memo I put on them once I get to the room 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Personally I would rather take a couple minutes and call and have the refundable OBC added that to take multiple steps and get non refundable OBC

Buying refundable OBC is a great way to use AMEX offers.  🙂

Bought $500 OBC on 2 AMEX accounts.  Ended up getting $999 refund to my debit card (no loss of credit card points with debit card refund).  Next AMEX bill was paid from the same checking account as the debit refund.  👍

I rarely use any OBC beyond paying automatic gratuities.

32 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Buying refundable OBC is a great way to use AMEX offers.  🙂

Bought $500 OBC on 2 AMEX accounts.  Ended up getting $999 refund to my debit card (no loss of credit card points with debit card refund).  Next AMEX bill was paid from the same checking account as the debit refund.  👍

I rarely use any OBC beyond paying automatic gratuities.

Nice.