For all questions regarding Explora

frogfish12

2 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

We are in a lovely Penthouse. No shower. No butler. No fruit. No free laundry. 

Looking forward to your thoughts after five days on board.   If you could list the per minute charge for phone calls, it would be appreciated.

31 minutes ago, crickette said:

Thanks.  When I clicked on Ocean Penthouses, I get a choice of deluxe, premier, and grand with pix but no text.

UPDATE:  scrolling beneath the picture brings up the Features.  But features listed for Deluxe PH or Grand PH do not resemble your features.

1 hour ago, Critically Cruising said:

Just a note.  Despite having Diamond status with MSC, it seems there is no corresponding recognition with Explora, unless you are a newer booking.  There is a cut-off date - if you booked prior to May 12th of this year, you are nothing.  Not even a "thanks for your business" acknowledgment.

The onboard experience had better be awesome, because the corporate attitude seems to be one of grand indifference. I admire @uktog for the restraint they have shown.  Once we get past the fluff of the TA/influencer raving, it seems as though this may just be an overpriced "luxury" illusion.

One and done?

Yes, I gave up on that one (and that was before the cancellation saga!!)  Thank you to the reasonable behaviour on this board and realisation that things are good and things are not good.  The Facebook page is out of control!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Critically Cruising said:

Just a note.  Despite having Diamond status with MSC, it seems there is no corresponding recognition with Explora, unless you are a newer booking.  There is a cut-off date - if you booked prior to May 12th of this year, you are nothing.  Not even a "thanks for your business" acknowledgment.

The onboard experience had better be awesome, because the corporate attitude seems to be one of grand indifference. I admire @uktog for the restraint they have shown.  Once we get past the fluff of the TA/influencer raving, it seems as though this may just be an overpriced "luxury" illusion.

One and done?

I do not understand. Why should Explora give status to anyone who cruised MSC in the past ?   It would be like RCI giving credits to past Royal cruisers for Silversea after they purchased the line.

Explora has stated repeatedly that they will be creating a loyalty program in the future (at least a year away)

What was given was special discounts to MSC Diamonds in the early booking process with significantly cheaper cruise prices than the current fares.   Later on there was a luxury cruise and luxury hotel promo that gave OBC to attract that demographic to Explora.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

I do not understand. Why should Explora give status to anyone who cruised MSC in the past ?   It would be like RCI giving credits to past Royal cruisers for Silversea after they purchased the line.

Some people were expecting exactly that [at least for Celebrity cruisers]...

30 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Some people were expecting exactly that [at least for Celebrity cruisers]...

Also some of the very early questions and answers responses on the subject were written in such a way that people might expect there to be a connection between the two schemes

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

Beverage and Liquor Menu.  Here is the complete list of what is available on the ship.

No prices for the non-included.

Those items of the alcoholic gins, whiskeys etc.. that are BOLD are extra priced items.

Beverage Menu.pdf 1.11 MB · 20 downloads

Pathetic!  An included list aprapro of a mass market simple drink package and not what one would expect from a so-called luxury line.  Notably lacking is single malts and cognacs.  MSC Yacht Club has a superior selection.

Hank

• Like 6

Status Matching has been an MSC "thing" for years .... they've been generous in extending loyalty benefits matching those of other competing  carriers.

Their top tier level offers complimentary specialty dining and little "special" items but the program most importantly offers a 5 or 10% discount on your next booking.

• Like 1

Beverage and Liquor Menu.  Here is the complete list of what is available on the ship.

Those items of the alcoholic gins, whiskeys etc.. that are BOLD are extra priced items.

Beverage Menu.pdf 1.11 MB · 24 downloads

Are sparkling waters included , e.g. either Pellegrino, Perrier or similar? 

32 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Pathetic!  An included list aprapro of a mass market simple drink package and not what one would expect from a so-called luxury line.  Notably lacking is single malts and cognacs.  MSC Yacht Club has a superior selection.

Concur that this is a poor beverage selection.

Watching youtube video of Yacht Club, Acqua Panna bottles appeared in dining areas.  I've requested a supply for the suite.   SOP on lines traveled.   Expect no less with this company, but we will see if they deliver.   They sure as heck are not delivering on single malts.  I would hope comment cards are filled mid cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Thanks - I think they’ve moved some from the initial included list to the chargeable category eg Four Pillars Shiraz Gin - strange they’re not listing prices, that’s confusing 

I’m going to have to be careful as the night wears on not to get too exuberant with my drinks orders

If you’ve cruised on Explora and have visited the Rolex boutique, I would greatly appreciate you sharing your experience.  Did Rolex have inventory available for purchase and, if so, were submariners and GMTs available?  Thank you to all that have contributed to the Explora forum.  

On 8/24/2023 at 9:42 PM, FlyerTalker said:

Is this the same Heike Berdos (ex Azamara) that was raved about in prior threads?  I think someone called her the ultimate onboard Hotel professional.

Heike Berdos is on leave, so it can’t be the same. She returns 29 October in NY. 

8 hours ago, Jratlanta said:

If you’ve cruised on Explora and have visited the Rolex boutique, I would greatly appreciate you sharing your experience.  Did Rolex have inventory available for purchase and, if so, were submariners and GMTs available?  Thank you to all that have contributed to the Explora forum.  

If stock of those watches were available to purchase then it would be the only place on earth that you would get them.

You would have to be on a waiting list or have a considerable spend track record with an AD to get one.

I have a very good relationship with my Rolex AD. Luxury, you may be surprised at the ease with which you are able to purchase in Dubai.  My curiosity about the Explora shop relates to Rolex indicating there would be controls on the inventory purchase per passenger cabin/suite. My understanding is this is a company owned store which may result in proper inventory of a number of styles.  

• Like 3