Celebrity - ABC cruise

cartardan

12 minutes ago, cartardan said:

Can anybody recommend a tour in Bonaire and Curaçao that does not require a lot of walking and not being on a bus for six hours. Kind of a mix of some bus so I’m stopping at locations.

For Bonair, I would really recommend you make a booking with Bonaire Cruisers for the rental of a Golf Cart.    They only rent 2 passenger carts but is very reasonable and you can do the day on your own.         The South Ring is the identical route that the tour busses from the ship takes.  

From their site you can download and look at the  North Loop and the South Loop.   We did the Southern route and did lots of stopping along the way to see the wild donkeys, flamingos and other island life.  

In Curaçao we booked with Tours by Locals and had a nice tour of the island.

• Like 3

In Bonaire, if you snorkel, contact Woodwind and book a tour with them.  Klein Bonaire, extremely close to Bonaire, has some of the best snorkeling in the world with a beautiful reef.  You do a drift snorkel instead of swimming around a shipwreck or something else.  They drop you off at one location and you just drift with the current and they pick you up on the end. Highly recommend!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cartardan said:

You felt comfortable with tours by locals?  

I setup 5 tours with TBL on a B2B2B sailing this spring.   Very comfortable.  They do require full payment 30 days in advance but they let you setup to have people you may have joining you on the tour pay separately.   I found this made people comfortable with paying in advance vs sending me (someone they didn't know) money.

They will refund if for some reason the ship doesn't make port.

2 hours ago, cartardan said:

Can anybody recommend a tour in Bonaire and Curaçao that does not require a lot of walking and not being on a bus for six hours. Kind of a mix of some bus so I’m stopping at locations.

does it have to be a tour?

We just love going to the beach in both Bonaire and Curacao.

Klein Bonaire is a heaven for snorkelers.

Best thing we ever did in Bonaire was to rent a golf cart through Bonaire Cruisers (https://www.bonairecruisers.com/) and drive all over the island and tour by ourselves.  We have done it twice.  Visited the Donkey Refuge, the Flamingo Preserve, the salt flats, several beaches, etc.  Very easy and very safe.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

Where in Curaçao would you recommend for a beach with Col hair and umbrella rentals and what do you use for transport?

We went to the Pirate Beach club once and didn't like it. It was underwhelming. We like a good beach for swimming and exploring, and don't care to have food or drinks.

We like going to Blue Bay Beach Club. Last year the entrance fee was $12 per adult and $6 per child, which gets you as many chaises as you want, but they don't have umbrellas. They have a few free palapas for use on a first come first serve basis. It's a small beach, so it gets full quickly, but it's not overcrowded like some beach clubs in Cozumel. We must have shade, since we burn easily and have a red head in our midst.

I would wear water shoes. Once you get in the water, it's sandy and you don't need them, but we don't like the occasional pokes of the sharp rocks on the beach.

They have a nice bar/restaurant on the premises, but we don't usually buy food on shore, so I can't comment on the quality.

The taxi is $40 each way (per taxi, not pp).

20220602_092334.thumb.jpg.bc98380aa2104ac4daea411110d8a131.jpg
20221126_112809.thumb.jpg.3aa8f7e00769ba575c164dee75c69cf8.jpg20221126_112642.thumb.jpg.12c4c25474e8d13e4c2007aeb1f4e68a.jpg

There might be more space beyond the point between the blue and the green buildings although we never went that far, but I think the palapas there belong to the Blue Bay beach club as well.

20221126_112957.thumb.jpg.3dad117cd857c975e6c84bc4a3b64bce.jpg

20221126_122115.thumb.jpg.03c6ac7ac4b21889fbea147318ef5a67.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2023 at 4:43 PM, espmass said:

Best thing we ever did in Bonaire was to rent a golf cart through Bonaire Cruisers (https://www.bonairecruisers.com/) and drive all over the island and tour by ourselves.  We have done it twice.  Visited the Donkey Refuge, the Flamingo Preserve, the salt flats, several beaches, etc.  Very easy and very safe.

Do you pick up the golf cart at the cruise port?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/22/2023 at 1:43 PM, espmass said:

Thinking this would be perfect! Thanks!