Elite perks

Elevatorman

5 minutes ago, Elevatorman said:

Do those with Elite status have any new or old perks. I have just booked the Sky, caribbean, Dec 23, and read all about the packages, lots to digest. I don’t want to purchase overlapping add ons. 

Have you been away a while?  There has not been much recent changes.  On Princess.com, you can read about the benefits for each CC Member level. Download the PDF on this page:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

We'll finally make Elite after our upcoming NE/Canada cruise in October and are definitely excited about most of the perks we'll be getting. But the ones that really enticed us to reach Elite are free unlimited laundry, the early access to new itineraries, 10% off of shore excursions, and complimentary mini-bar set-up. 

image.png.675117dc73dbe4c77fc322cffe1887d1.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I have to wonder how many people actually use the "shoe polishing" perk. I'm sure some do but can't imagine it's widely used. Perhaps I should give it a try.

All my shoes are now Allbirds and On Clouds. Nothing to polish here

• Like 1

We book all of our excursions with Princess using our MOBC, SOBC, FCD OBC as well as any other PCL OBC booking perks along with our $$$. So it will be nice to get 10% of that back in OBC once we're onboard the ship. 👍

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I have to wonder how many people actually use the "shoe polishing" perk. I'm sure some do but can't imagine it's widely used. Perhaps I should give it a try.

@ThrakI tried it in May 2022 on Royal. I had red leather boots. My sister had brown shoes. They told me that they only had black and brown polish. The brown shoes came back without being too noticeably shiny... but now I know! Curious cruisers like to know, right?

My dad had all the paraphernalia for shining his leather shoes. I know how shiny newly buffed shoes can be! The service on the ship was not quite the same as how my dad's shoes came out when he polished them himself. Dear Dad!

Edited by CruzeQueen2
adding info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Laundry, medallion net and minibar is about all that is left, and they hosed loyal guests wanting to swap it for coffee.

I'm still bummed about the loss of coffee pkgs in place of the mini bar. 😭

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Does any Elite member know when the 10% shore excursion discount actually gets posted to your account? For example, will the discount for all of the booked excursions  be posted to the account at the beginning of the cruise or once you actually go on the cruise?

In our experience,

After each excursion, the 10% will be on folio as an onboard credit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

My favorite elite perks that I use on every cruise have a red star:

20230823_165115.thumb.jpg.ce75360d809912af937e530e9cd421ac.jpg

Caveat: disembarkation tours are never discounted. Its been explained to me that they are primarily viewed as a transfer. Not an excursion.  And those are the only ones I normally do

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Can  anyone tell me who has cruised recently since all of the new changes if elites can still exchange their  mini bar set up for just soda and water? 

Normally Yes (maybe Australia is different,  can't buy 12 bottles water on those cruises). Can trade for that, a bottle of wine (which I do) or like items. 

Things may have changed. I haven't cruised since late June 2023

Edited by Ombud

23 minutes ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Can  anyone tell me who has cruised recently since all of the new changes if elites can still exchange their  mini bar set up for just soda and water? 

Yes, minibar exchanges are not affected by the new Plus and Premier changes if that is your concern, even if you have to call room service for the change, no charge.

@Ombud, the Canapés for elites on formal night form specifically state ‘no substitutions’ as I remember way back, you could ‘write’ chocolate covered strawberries.

If they are still allowing for you, congrats, but I have not heard recently of any elites being successful in getting them instead of what canapés are listed.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Yes, minibar exchanges are not affected by the new Plus and Premier changes if that is your concern, even if you have to call room service for the change, no charge.

@Ombud, the Canapés for elites on formal night form specifically state ‘no substitutions’ as I remember way back, you could ‘write’ chocolate covered strawberries.

If they are still allowing for you, congrats, but I have not heard recently of any elites being successful in getting them instead of what canapés are listed.

I'm a vegetarian and got them on 2 nights of my May-June 2023 B2B. I got handmade truffles on 1 night of my April cruise but really REALLY disgusting something fishy on the 2nd night of April cruise & 3rd night of the B2B. Refused to let them deliver

Let's see what I get / turn away on the November 2023 voyage

Edited by Ombud