Cookies now cost $2 plus 20%

vkb2751

3 hours ago, Veinless said:

Absolutely. I have no problem rotating between Carnival, Celebrity, and up next - Princess!

Have you looked at Princess lately....if you don't get the Plus or Premium packages you are charged for room service and some of the casual restaurants like Alfredo's pizza. We were on the Sky in May and dined in Alfredo's for lunch numerous times, but now our Plus package allows 2 free pre fixe meals per cruise....after the 2, I believe the pizzas are $12 each.  It seems like everyone is getting on the nickle and dime you game.

Edited by shirazcruiser
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Veinless said:

I saw! It'll be our first Princess cruise so I'm hoping the MDR is comparable to Celebrity's.

I've only dined in Luminae, but ordered from the MDR menu numerous times and we were happy with the entrees. On Princess, we were in Club Class dining (the new Reserve) and were pleased with the meals so much that we'll be back on Princess in Jan.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CunucuMom said:

Speaking of cutbacks, can anyone ( @DingoMomperhaps?) currently on Equinox please confirm the pared down $9.95 Room Service breakfast menu for non-Aqua/Suite guests?  App shows only scrambled eggs (no fried, poached, omelets), no pancakes or French toast, no cold cuts and only three fruit choices (no assorted fruit plate).

That is what I am seeing for the menu on my app on my current sailing. I haven’t tried to order room service though. I cannot do the cookie report today because I am under the weather pretty badly. Will do it tomorrow!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Have you looked at Princess lately....if you don't get the Plus or Premium packages you are charged for room service and some of the casual restaurants like Alfredo's pizza. We were on the Sky in May and dined in Alfredo's for lunch numerous times, but now our Plus package allows 2 free pre fixe meals per cruise....after the 2, I believe the pizzas are $12 each.  It seems like everyone is getting on the nickle and dime you game.

Haven't seen this yet on HAL we have 2 future cruises booked with them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DingoMom said:

That is what I am seeing for the menu on my app on my current sailing. I haven’t tried to order room service though. I cannot do the cookie report today because I am under the weather pretty badly. Will do it tomorrow!

The app for our Apex cruise next month doesn't show breakfast on both suites and non suites. only the all day menus appear. Also the Luminae menu only shows desserts on the menu, very strange. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DingoMom said:

Thank you @DingoMom. Hope you feel better soon!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

On a 7 day Celebrity cruise if all 2500 passengers buy 1 cookie, that would now equate to $5000 in increased revenue. Over 52 weeks that would be $260,000 in new revenue plus another $52,000 in crew gratuities, so the little things do add up.

What's the math if the petty BS like this causes say 5 people to no longer cruise Celebrity per week, for 52 weeks?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Like I said,,,I was on Silhouette in May 2023 and The Hideaway was not there,no machine,no jugs,no milk,no sachets…nothing but cupboards.

That was only 3 months ago,,,,maybe there was a kickback and it was reinstated.

Dont try to make out people didn’t see what you did.

My cabin for 10 days was on Deck 7 on the hump and I walked past that area several times daily.,,at that time The Hideaway was never open.

Btw,,,I am only talking about Silhouette out of Southampton where all cabins have coffe/tea making facilities.

Sorry I read your original pic as meaning the area still had its one machine ( I don't remember the right hand one ever being there).Very, very disappointing.  We also always have a cabin on the hump Deck 7 right next to the Hideaway.

Our kettle spends the whole cruise in the bottom of the wardrobe, we keep the tray/glasses and everything else is removed by the cabin steward.

Nice quiet place to sit. Are the chairs still there?

Hope it still exists on Reflection in October.

But, it also becomes a new or different experience for all passengers.   Constantly having to think about prices and comparing contrasting what is included to what price is being charged.   So, it's no longer the feeling that someone figured out how to provide a satisfying vacation with a profit for their efforts, a big part of which is to keep us fed and entertained, to one where the guest is constantly placed in a position to question whether they are getting value and what was marketed.   By saying the cookie is $2, I now wonder if the other cookies supposedly offered as included are any good.  The better approach if they care about the experience, is they have good cookies, charge a fair price, budget well, and then one doesn't have to wonder. Same for the fake Gelato. 

And in my case, I would have a premium beverage package in Retreat that gets little use and is part of the fare, although we know the cash price, but still will be asked to pay for the cookie.  It's insulting and lame.  I now wonder why I can't trade the bottles of booze I'm not going to drink for the cookie. 

Better yet, what actually is included in the fare?  What are we actually paying for?  The more they put prices next to things the more it's apparent that the Celebrity illusion as it was, did make for a nicer pre, actual, and post vacation experience.  Now, Celebrity makes it hard to view the guests as anything but profit centers to be exploited and toyed with.  That's very different from what we had experienced in 2022 when we took a shot at trying a cruise.  We paid a good amount, and got a good amount in return. We did it again, but now are left asking why bother. 

If they think their precious Gordon Food Service cookie or lemon bar (no evidence they charging for those yet, but they will be next) is worth $2 and will give me unlimited booze (that may be next too) then why bother if they are going to also make it seem like they are using us for a game.  Plus, one can't get off the ship to find a better cookie.  

Also, at some point, and maybe it's already past, taking a Celebrity Cruise becomes like staying at a Westin when they add all of the litter for upsells to their rooms.  Stickers and signs everywhere promoting upsells. 

And, then the entire experience becomes one of chasing the included items, judging the unincluded items, and not focusing on rest or relaxation. 

Edited by Cap_D
  • Like 2

Just off the Summit and there were no for-charge cookies.  Al Bacio had its selection of pastries, free cookies, macaroon (yummy), the beloved lemon tart (which I found a little too crumbly, and if you do your own "takeaway", you don't get a fork-messy).  But all offerings were still free.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DingoMom said:

hope you feel better quickly. Not fun being on holiday and not well

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I am convinced the whole RCL Group is looking for new ways to nickel and dime their way to bigger profits.

Agree.  It may be time to look at other cruise lines, e.g., Oceania  Seabourn etc.  While the the upfront cost is higher, at least you don’t have to put up with crap like this

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

Nothing lost on that one... plenty of people to take their place(s).

There may be others of course, but at what price? I've never even sailed Celebrity but already after reading all these posts I'd happily pay a little more for Virgin Voyages (though they are actually often cheaper) where there is no upcharge restaurants, WiFi/gratuities included, no nickle and diming whilst also being high quality. 

Edited by Mark_UK
  • Like 1