Noise from Pool Deck above Prime AquaClass #1604 on Celebrity Equinox

rbcruise52

I can’t answer your question but interested in the answer.  We’re on Equinox on Penthouse deck in an SV cabin.  We saw that above us are other cabins so we assume it was safe.  I personally would never book a room below the pool deck for the concerns you have but I may reassess after you get replies

2 hours ago, rbcruise52 said:

We recently booked this room and we're wondering bout the noise factor with the pool deck directly above, any comments?

We would avoid any stateroom below the pool area or any other public areas above and below. No experiences but IMO, the noise factor would be a factor for us. Always busy. All day. Even early in the morning when maintenance workers and pool staff  working and setting up for the day. And of course chair hogs moving chairs to mark their territory early in the morning. I walk the track early in the morning (~6:00 AM) and look down at the pool deck and always see some sort of work in progress. Also pool parties in the evening. Especially Caribbean cruises. Not to mention the busy daytime. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

Check cruisedeckplans.com - has a cool feature to see what’s below and above your cabin. And, there may be reviews. Also as said earlier, there is a searchable spreadsheet and cabin reviews here on cruise critic as a sticky in the celebrity forum.

It only affects you when in the cabin.🤗

For whatever reason those ships were designed with the “premium” classes under the pool deck, gym and buffet.  

The AQ cabins under the gym can hear the treadmills early in the morning

One night it sounded like a herd of buffalos running around above us, similar to a wave in a sold out football stadium.   They were moving the lounge chairs for some deck party. And then moving them back when the party was over.  

We had a SS and it was under the buffet.   Every night it sounded like the dancers were practicing above us.   It was the carts  rolling  across the grout lines of the tiles above us 

Pay more and get the worse cabin locations.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

11 hours ago, miched said:

For whatever reason those ships were designed with the “premium” classes under the pool deck, gym and buffet.  

The AQ cabins under the gym can hear the treadmills early in the morning

One night it sounded like a herd of buffalos running around above us, similar to a wave in a sold out football stadium.   They were moving the lounge chairs for some deck party. And then moving them back when the party was over.  

We had a SS and it was under the buffet.   Every night it sounded like the dancers were practicing above us.   It was the carts  rolling  across the grout lines of the tiles above us 

Pay more and get the worse cabin locations.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

That's on purpose to sell crappy cabins at a higher price.

11 hours ago, miched said:

Stayed in a Sky Suite on the Solstice under the buffet. Those rolling carts woke me up at all hours of the night. It sounded like a thunderstorm above my room. I got little sleep that cruise, even with a sound machine I brought from home. Learned my lesson and will only book rooms that have guest rooms above me. Don't do it, OP. 

• Like 1

Our first AQ cabin was under the pool deck on S class and that was the only thing I disliked. The noise wasn't noticeable in the cabin, but it was very apparent outside on our balcony. If you book far enough aft, you are under the spa and there are no noise issues in that location.

We have been in this room on the Equinox.  On the veranda during the day you can sometimes hear the music from the pool deck.  You can occasionally hear things being moved above.  The only time we were bothered by noise was the night they had a live deck party.  There was a loud steady noise I think from the drums and base that sounded almost like someone was banging on the ceiling above our room.

On 8/27/2023 at 3:30 PM, ebtrip said:

We have been on deck 11 on the Equinox and never had a problem. We sail again in 3 weeks in cabin 1605 extended balcony. I’ll let u know if there’s a noise issue.  I have no concerns 

I'd love to hear about your experience when you sail in 3 weeks, please post when you return.

2 minutes ago, rbcruise52 said:

I'd love to hear about your experience when you sail in 3 weeks, please post when you return.

I will. Interested to see what changes have occurred. Haven’t sailed on X since

January 2020. Sailed 3 times since then on Viking Ocean. This may be our last with them. On Azamara next year, which will be our 2nd cruise with them.