Labor Day deals?

lakedweller64

34 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

We recently moved a refundable deposit from a cruise with itinerary changes to another cruise and now they've made changes to that.  I was taken aback though as to move it we had to put another deposit on the new cruise.  My TA said HAL was telling them it was for CO, but we had already paid for CO on the first cruise and wanted that moved to the new cruise also.  To make it even more confusing, my TA told me that the amount of deposit that HAL wanted was much more than just the cost of CO.  It was very confusing and I couldn't make any sense out of it.

Needless to say that after that experience if we decide that the changes to the cruise are no longer acceptable I will simply cancel it rather than trying to move it to another.

I will say having a TA can be useful for many things, but it gets hairy when handling these kind of changes.

Best of luck on your new cruise; safe travels!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 11:54 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Anyone have luck with the $99 deposit? It's not looking like this is applied to any of the longer voyages.

On 8/26/2023 at 5:25 PM, sfaaa said:

Not a good sale given HA had a $1 deposit promo just a few months ago. 

Yesterday, DH and I traded in our $2 deposit cruise booked through HAL for the same cruise booked with a travel agent during a Labor Day sale.    Our TA is offering a 10% back (of the cruise cost minus tax, port, and gratuity) in OBC. In total, we are receiving $1105 OBC.   

The cruise is a 14 day to Britain, Scotland, Ireland.  I sure hope that we do not have any port changes!  We booked a similar cruise a few years ago and there was a port change from Wales to Liverpool.  This time around, both are on the schedule. 

While we are getting a great deal of OBC from the TA because of the sale, similar to what zelker posted, the only thing new that we are getting from HAL is the $99 deposit, and an extra $100 OBC.  The previous booking had a $100 OBC attached. So for our rate bracket in an obstructed Veranda stateroom, we will receive a $200 OBC from HAL. We also have the better HIA which includes the Crew Appreciation.  Had it on the previous booking, as well.  Our cruise cost did not increase or decrease!

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

The HAL Labor Day Sale is now up live on their website! Atm though only 181 of the total of 789 sailings coming up by HAL are showing in the sale window, and nothing past May of '24! 🤔

See sale the banner on the homepage, but of course, no special deals for me - my friend "bad request " has made a visit when I click to see the cruises available. 

20230830_195457.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
  • Haha 1

Yesterday I checked the price of a cruise next May.  Today I checked again as it is included in the Labor Day Promo at $2000 more than it was yesterday.  Costs a lot to have a $99 non-refundable deposit with HAL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Finally able to get into the actual sale and when I filter within the pre-filtered Labor Day Sale filter, I am finding some options showing as "Flexible Fares" with refundable deposits.

So, either a glitch or not all Labor Day specials will have non-refundable deposits. I'm digging in as I would do a $99 deposit if it's refundable. Of course, not on an inflated price as some have reported. But at least knowing they're not all non-refundable gives me reason to look.

20230831_032710.jpg

20230831_032631.jpg

20230831_032558.jpg

• Thanks 1

Unless a person is looking to book one of the selected cruises ,this sale is  not covering all new bookings .Another glitch  in the booking process with Holland America lines . This is why amy one  needs to be on their toes when reading & booking a new cruise with any of these so called sales. JMVHO

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Btimmer said:

IMHO, reduced deposits are not a deal.  What is a real deal for me is a reduced price, refundable deposit cruise on a nice itinerary.

Agree - all of the ones I was looking at did have reduced fares and seemed to be legit reductions, not overinflated prices that were then reduced to give the illusion of a sale.

When I log in (in the UK), the labour day offer appears for about 2 seconds and then disappears and is not available for me to search.  This is frustrating that yet again HAL are being selective about which nationalities are made the same offers.

2 hours ago, ris_scot said:

When I log in (in the UK), the labour day offer appears for about 2 seconds and then disappears and is not available for me to search.  This is frustrating that yet again HAL are being selective about which nationalities are made the same offers.

Possibly because Labor Day is a national holiday celebrated in the US and not in the UK?

• Like 1

As I understand it, it is neither.   

There was a thread about this subject several years ago and it has something to do with country policies outside of the U.S.    It's not just the U.K. and Canada that cannot get the deals.  And HAL is not the only cruise line that cannot offer certain deals outside of the U.S.  It's the same with all cruiselines.  That's all I now - or think I know.  😆

• Like 2

13 hours ago, QuattroRomeo said:

(ps do you guys get the same photo in the ad?)

Yes and it changes as @oakridger mentioned. I just captured these 3 different graphics, there are more. 

Oh, look - my battery is charged, guess I can unplug now, lol.

Screenshot_20230902-134927_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230902-134930_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230902-134934_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment