Regal Questions

brovol

Have the Regal booked for November (Thanksgiving week).  Sailed on the Sky last year and loved it, but ship wasn't at full capacity then. The internet quality on the Sky was unbelievably good when we sailed.  I know the Regal is an older sister of the Sky.  Can someone confirm the internet quality on the Regal?  I was able to stream live football games, and we could face-time family, all seamlessly on the Sky.  Hope that is doable on the Regal.

We booked the Princess Plus, and are contemplating upgrading to the Premiere.  The Plus was great for us last time.  We drink, but are not sophisticated drinkers, and house wine, domestic beer, and frozen margaritas and pinacoladas pretty much cover our tastes, so thinking the beverage part is covered with the plus.  Anyone think I'm wrong with that? (We are platinum status if that matters).

The Premiere does provide unlimited casual dining and two specialty restaurants.  The specialty dining isn't a deal killer for us.  We would take it if we had it, but we generally are very pleased with the main dining rooms, so will be fine with that.  However, the casual dining is relevant, and being capped at two freebees might suck.  Aside from Alfredo's, which I really like, what other casual restaurants will we have to pay for?  We have plenty of credit, so not too big a deal, but curious.

We are staying at the Clarion Point Galveston Seawall the night before.  Any experience with this hotel? Any decent restaurants within walking distance? Whats best strategy to get to the ship in the morning?

Lastly, the ship is out of Galveston, and flying into bush.  We got the Princess transfer for the trip back, after disembarking.  Any experience with this? Will we receive some instructions on this before disembarkation? 

Thank you in advance for helpful replys.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, brovol said:

Can someone confirm the internet quality on the Regal?  I was able to stream live football games, and we could face-time family, all seamlessly on the Sky.  Hope that is doable on the Regal.

We have been on the Regal 3 times since the restart, and internet was fine each time.  I didn't necessarily try to stream football, but you should be able to.

6 minutes ago, brovol said:

Anyone think I'm wrong with that?

Plus will serve you all of that

7 minutes ago, brovol said:

Lastly, the ship is out of Galveston, and flying into bush.  We got the Princess transfer for the trip back, after disembarking.  Any experience with this? Will we receive some instructions on this before disembarkation? 

We did this years ago the first time they were in Galvaston, and you will get information on your transfer before disembarkation when you receive the standard disembarkation information. 

• Like 1

Most (if not all) Princess ships are up and running on Starlink satellite service now.  Internet *should* be much better in *most* areas.  I say most because there are still some itineraries (i.e. Alaska, transatlantic) that still have satellite coverage struggles being so far north in latitude.

• Like 1

Another question about the Regal. 

On the Sky, my wife and I really enjoyed the evening shows in the atrium after dinner.  There was either a two person guitar/singer playing a variety of contemporary type music, or a string/piano quartet playing classical and/or contemporary tunes. Both were outstanding.

Does the Regal do something like that?  Not wanting some big loud shows in the atrium; but rather some nice music to chill by.

3 minutes ago, brovol said:

On the Sky, my wife and I really enjoyed the evening shows in the atrium after dinner.  There was either a two person guitar/singer playing a variety of contemporary type music, or a string/piano quartet playing classical and/or contemporary tunes. Both were outstanding.

Does the Regal do something like that?  Not wanting some big loud shows in the atrium; but rather some nice music to chill by.

Yes. Regal has house band,  pianist or guitar or steel pan player (usually at least two of those) and a duo or trio more jazz type group and  the classic string players or piano/string combo also. Plus the pianist in Crooners. Plus the theater orchestra band. They rotate and play atrium, Crown Grill, Vista, deck, etc. Lots and lots of live music all over. 

• Like 2

I have always loved the Regal...

Enjoy!

Compared to the Sky, we love the open Adult Retreat Pool area.  Which is closed in on the Sky.

The entertainment in the Atrium will vary.

Some nights will be more low key.

Some might have a bigger 'louder' event.   

These are not the norm.  But we have enjoyed a couple of livelier 'rock' events that happened to be presented.   These will be at the later, 9:00 pm or so, hour.

They will not be at the pre-dinner or dinner time.

Crooners is right there, of course, so Crooners will alternate thru the evening with the entertainment in the Piazza.

Check the schedules and listings onboard.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 2

I was on the Regal in November '21.  It sailed out of Port Everglades then.

The Internet on the Regal was the fastest and best I've had on any Princess ship.  The fact that it sailed at less than 30% of capacity probably helped...

I got transfers both ways from IAH when I sailed on the Regal out of Galveston in April.  They worked all right.  I think our instructions on disembarkation was "go out and look for the buses".  Your mileage may vary.

54 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I think our instructions on disembarkation was "go out and look for the buses". 

LOL!!  That's how it was for us in Barcelona...

Love the Regal. Was on her in the Med in June, '22...3 weeks and never a problem with the internet...calls, messages, etc were all fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brovol said:

The Sky experience sounds more like what I would hope Atrium entertainment to be.  The Regal, however, has been using the Atrium for partying and loud music many nights.  This new way to use Atrium was initiated on this ship by the ED prior to Covid-19 pause and was carried on after.  For me, it was still much the same last Fall and IDK if it has changed since then.