Baggage Tags

Steve in Omaha

We fly into Vancouver the day before our cruise.  I'm not going to attach the paper NCL baggage tags that I've printed off until the day our cruise starts.  So how do you do it?  Do you borrow a stapler from the hotel front desk on the morning you check out to board the cruise?  Thanks

31 minutes ago, Steve in Omaha said:

We fly into Vancouver the day before our cruise.  I'm not going to attach the paper NCL baggage tags that I've printed off until the day our cruise starts.  So how do you do it?  Do you borrow a stapler from the hotel front desk on the morning you check out to board the cruise?  Thanks

You can use purchased luggage tag holders. 

If you are not a frequent cruiser, then just take a roll of scotch tape and tape the ends together. Prior to buying luggage tag holders, we used to put a strip of clear packing tape on our tags to make them more sturdy and tape the ends with packing tape. 

Example only 

https://www.amazon.com/Carnival-FUNMCAN-Waterproof-Essentials-Accessories/dp/B0C6MW9HRX/ref=sr_1_10?crid=39X0ULVTU4TOZ&keywords=cruise+luggage+tag+ncl&qid=1693526868&sprefix=cruise+luggage+tag+ncl%2Caps%2C73&sr=8-10

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, panoramaofthepast said:

I cover paper tags with clear tape, hole punch the ends and use a twist tie to hold it in place. It works like a charm. Just don't put it on the bags until you have finished traveling!

A twist tie?  Like I use on the produce bags at the grocery store?

58 minutes ago, zqvol said:

You can always get tags from the porters

Yeah I don't even bother preparing my own.

In general, I'm an overthinker but I don't think this is something to worry about.

I also don't have a color printer at home (and don't want to print it at work) and don't want to worry about finding a stapler on vacation.

The porters are prepared for the unprepared - of which in this manner.. I am one of those.

Enjoy your vacation!

5 hours ago, cruisewingman said:

Yeah I don't even bother preparing my own. In general, I'm an overthinker but I don't think this is something to worry about. I also don't have a color printer at home (and don't want to print it at work) and don't want to worry about finding a stapler on vacation. The porters are prepared for the unprepared - of which in this manner.. I am one of those. Enjoy your vacation!

As pointed out, the colors are irrelevant. They only indicate the ship you are on, which is printed in big, bold letters on the tag. B/W printing is fine. 

Edited by BirdTravels

On 8/31/2023 at 7:37 PM, Steve in Omaha said:

That's exactly what I do.

• Like 1

Like others - I have plastic bag holders with steel cable rings.  The holders I have are JUST big enough for NCL tags, I use a paper cutter at work or scissors at home to trim the excess paper off so they fit in the sleeve.

11 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

We have been using plastic bag tag holders with the old Cruise Critic logo on them for years.  They have held up very well.   Very easy to slip NCL tags inside of them.  Have used them for tags we have printed and also for tags NCL has mailed us.

The same is true for us!

I remarked to DH (last night) that we've been using our set for at least 7 years, and they still look great.

• Like 1