A question about laundry bag

screenname2004

Roll your stuff like some people do to pack it.  You'll be surprised how much you can actually get in one bag.  I was afraid to send a couple of all cotton polo shirts, but they came pretty much back fine; maybe a bit snug, but still ok..  But I wouldn't send anything that would break my heart if it came back half its normal size.

• Like 1

Even though we're both Elite+, I'm very cautious about using the comp laundry bag perk. The majority of our clothing tags say cool/cold water wash. So it's DH's underwear & sox, his dockers, and maybe something of mine that's a bit large or in the "no shrink" cat.  I can easily hand wash/rinse a few light weight things in the bathroom sink and let dry. I do miss access to laundry machines like Princess offers though Azamara is even better as they provide HE laundry cubes and dryer sheets. Vacation and doing laundry shouldn't be said in the same sentense, but on longer cruises, it's a necessary evil.

Suggestion -  take a picture of the items you put into the bag.  It helps in case something doesn't come back. 

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

I don't understand your question. If you are Elite, put your items in the bag, note the items on the form, and write "Elite" on the form. You should not be charged.

As I wrote, this is our first Celebrity cruise. We are Elite because we are Diamond under Royal Caribbean's loyalty program.

I might be wrong but I thought the laundry was up to 30 items. I agree lay everything on the bed and take a picture. On one cruise we had trouble because we listed my crop pants as shorts and the laundry couldn’t find the shorts.  They wouldn’t do it until we they found them . We told our attendant. “ none of our clothes are expensive if the shorts are missing we don’t care.” When everything came back we figured out that was the problem. The next time we took a picture so we can show it if there is a problem. 

1 hour ago, screenname2004 said:

Today is our day 5 and we didn’t see any form about loyalty benefits.

Go speak with the CC concierge. Someone dropped the ball, as you should have received your welcome aboard letter and flier with all your onboard CC perks/benefits on embarkation day. No different than what RC CAS does. 

16 hours ago, wanderlust58 said:

Roll your stuff like some people do to pack it.  You'll be surprised how much you can actually get in one bag.  I was afraid to send a couple of all cotton polo shirts, but they came pretty much back fine; maybe a bit snug, but still ok..  But I wouldn't send anything that would break my heart if it came back half its normal size.

We are on Infinity now and just used one of our free bag perks. We travel with a few 13 gallon kitchen white garbage bags and use them so no need to cram it all in one of the small cloth ship provided laundry bags. A full bag is considered 30 items of clothing...no "stuff a bag" challenge like on some cruise lines.

5 hours ago, screenname2004 said:

This is the flyer from the loyalty desk 

20230903_221456.jpg

Glad you got the flyer.Sounds like someone dropped the ball on day 1

The free visit to Persian Garden might be nice!

I think if you pre booka  spa treatment on line you will get a better discount (?)