Room Service Delivery Charge for Elite Formal Night Canapes???

Calif Explorer

We have never ordered the canapes and actually have no idea how to do so. Is it possible to substitute chocolate covered strawberries? (I've read that many find the regular canapes to be somewhat nasty.)

• Like 1

We also agree the canapés are not good, but the last two times we had the chocolate covered strawberries the strawberries were very "mushy" and at least one of the strawberries was way past it's expiration date - yuck.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

We have never ordered the canapes and actually have no idea how to do so. Is it possible to substitute chocolate covered strawberries? (I've read that many find the regular canapes to be somewhat nasty.)

The strawberries are even nastier

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Say what?  How are they nasty? That sounds really disappointing to say the least.

When you embark, there should be a letter in your stateroom about the elite events, such as elite cocktail hour, captain’s party and canapés on formal night if you

wish to order.  You pick up that dreaded phone and order, or on some ships the steward will leave a card in your cabin for you to order canapés before the formal night.

We did not like them either.  You could always ask for strawberries instead. IDK..never tried that!  🍓 

Oh, I forgot, you have premier and plus, so you can pick up the phone as much as you want!  😜

Edited by PacnGoNow

No charge, and no charge for Elite minibar changes last week on Sky.  Likewise no charge for delivery of pre-ordered items like six packs of soda.  And no charge for the phone call to Room Service for these.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The above two reports are what we would expect to be happening.  I don't book Suites, but I do find it hard to believe PCL has the audacity to ping them for five bucks on normal RS orders.

That sounds like a "hold my beer" challenge!!! 🙂

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Gwendy said:

On Caribbean Princess last month Elite formal night canapés were described as pralines.  They were actually four chocolates.  We had no packages, ordered them by phone and no charge.

That sounds better than the other items.