HAL partial Panama Cruise - Rotterdam Nov 12 - Nov 24, 2003

cruzincooper

New to this blog.  We are ready to go on our first cruise, as we are uncertain of the status of the Rotterdam actually doing the partial Panama Cruise due to the current conditions.  We would still like to go but wonder what HAL has planned for a change.  I talked with an agent last week and they said 'no change'.  I don't believe that.   As we had to cancel our Lahaina trip (heartbroken) we really wanted to go on this cruise.  At this point we're flexible, everything is paid for and have made all our reservations.   M. Cooper

Outlook not good for those PC itineraries.

Great suggestion to join the Roll Call to see the conversations. 

It's a hard time for PC, but once Mother Nature rights the conditions there, you should have a nice selection of itineraries again if you're willing to wait.

1 hour ago, AKJonesy said:

I have a 31 day cruise to SA from Ft. Lauderdale in November.  I haven't heard anything.  What are people talking about here?

Lack of water in the lakes due to extremely dry conditions.  Just Google (or other) "Panama Canal Drought"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigdaddyyo said:

Trying to understand how the excursions work.  Do you get off the boat prior to entering the locks or once the boat parks in Gatun Lake do you take a tender to the excursion?

After passing through the locks, you will be tendered to shore for excursions and picked up in Colon after the ship returns through the locks.

image.jpeg.38e3498cc62bb6b5b78d8a11007d1992.jpeg

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

After passing through the locks, you will be tendered to shore for excursions and picked up in Colon after the ship returns through the locks.

image.jpeg.38e3498cc62bb6b5b78d8a11007d1992.jpeg

Just want to add that there's really nothing at the dock shown, just a place to get on the bus for your tour. So you can't tender ashore and do something on your own. 

• Like 2