What goes around....

deliver42

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

MSC Voyagers Club has a status match program that you can apply for.  You need to send them some documentation.  I don't know of others.

There are others but nowhere near as good as MSCs. For example, X will match your RCCL status...but you still need to earn all of the points you would normally to move up to the next level.

Sorry, just saw the original comment implied other than RCCL...ignore me 😀

Edited by alyssamma
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

I know I have seen mention of Celebrity loyalty status being recognized on some other lines (aside from RC).  Does anyone have this information?

Virgin Voyages is also offering a match

https://www.virginvoyages.com/sailing-club

https://www.virginvoyages.com/sailing-club/eligible-loyalty-programs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Good to know!  So if I status match my Black status from MSC to VV, what do I get?  That info has eluded me on their site.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Good to know!  So if I status match my Black status from MSC to VV, what do I get?  That info has eluded me on their site.

Any status match on the first matrix gets you VV's Sea Rover status. You have to match by 12/31/2023 and sail by 12/31/2024. You get a stackable 10% discount, $100 extra bar credit, $10 daily coffee credit, a concierge, laundry perks, premium WiFi and upgrade VIP boarding. Their embarkation process is different and a bit of a mess so this does have some value. 

A bit of a sticking point amongst people here - their deposits are 20% and nonrefundable after 7 days from booking. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, cruisegirlppp said:

I know I have seen mention of Celebrity loyalty status being recognized on some other lines (aside from RC).  Does anyone have this information?

Celebrity is part of RC so they recognized my RC Status when I booked on Celebrity. I have more nights on RC through the years, but they do not count my upcoming nights on Celebrity towards the RC program.

Honestly though, the loyalty programs are not a draw to me. A bottle of sparkling wine that I won’t drink, or a 10% discount on an overpriced magnet in the gift shop won’t sway me. If they offered a free meal in Specialty dining it probably would.

On 9/8/2023 at 4:18 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Princess looks compelling as well.  I need to get past the stereotype Old Geezers' cruise (on Princess)...

who are you calling old geezers???? We are not even 50 yet. LOL. We love Princess. Oh, and Princess is our kid's favorite cruise line. He is only 12.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Thanks to these links I now know their coffee is Intelligentsia from Chicago--who make Black Cat espresso, my coffee of choice.

5 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

who are you calling old geezers???? We are not even 50 yet. LOL. We love Princess. Oh, and Princess is our kid's favorite cruise line. He is only 12.

Sorry! 😁😇  FWIW, I put myself in the Old Geezer category and I'm only 55!  My parents are both in their 70's (75 &76) and they only sail Princess.  On their last cruise, a TA, DD complained that it was a geriatric cruise...not realizing that they, too are part of the Old Geezer club.  

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Sorry! 😁😇  FWIW, I put myself in the Old Geezer category and I'm only 55!  My parents are both in their 70's (75 &76) and they only sail Princess.  On their last cruise, a TA, DD complained that it was a geriatric cruise...not realizing that they, too are part of the Old Geezer club.  

our last Princess cruise was truly geriatric. We usually sail for a week during school holidays, so there are a lot of kids, people our age, their parents, but this was a 10 nighter - everybody was soooo old. 

My parents are 72 and 75, they tag along to any cruise we invite them too. They like them all and have no preference.

P.S. You are not an old geezer.

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2023 at 5:49 PM, Lastdance said:

Celebrity was annoyed with me and put a charge of 60 cents on my Citi card.  At least that is the only reason I can come up with for this rediculous charge😉!  I am not making up this charge from Celebrity Cruises Miami.

Have you disputed the 60 cent charge with your credit card?  When you do, the merchant services assesses a fee to the company disputed for doing the research.  Ten years ago when I had a merchant account it was $25 whether I won or not.

If you haven't disputed it yet, do it!  I would be a hoot.It costs you nothing more regardless of the outcome. lol

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Thanks 1