Princess Cay Bahamas beer & booze question

Boiler Cruiser

My wife and are going to  be on a Caribbean cruise that includes a day at Princess Cay in the Bahamas.  We have the Princess Premier Package.

When we are at Princess Cay, will the Premier Package apply to our drinks (beer, cocktails, etc.)?

What other benefits might we get with the Premier Package (and being Platinum level) while we are at the Princess Cay?

The Terms & Conditions for the Plus and Premier packages state "The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service." So, no problem on Princess Cay.

There is one limitation on Princess Cay however. The package includes fountain sodas but does not include canned sodas. They do not have fountain sodas at Princess Cay, so sodas would not be included. I guess you will have to drink beer and cocktails instead.

Canned sodas are included in the Zero Alcohol Package and in the Classic Soda Package, so people with these packages would be able to get sodas at Princess Cay.

There are no extra benefits on Princess Cays for having the premier package. There are no benefits for being platinum loyalty level. If you want to be one of the earlier arrivals at Princess Cays arrive at the tender ticket location early. It takes quite a while to tender all passengers to the beach area.

3 hours ago, skynight said:

There are no extra benefits on Princess Cays for having the premier package. There are no benefits for being platinum loyalty level. If you want to be one of the earlier arrivals at Princess Cays arrive at the tender ticket location early. It takes quite a while to tender all passengers to the beach area.

I would add that those who are "Elite" do enjoy tender priority (getting ashore).

59 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I would add that those who are "Elite" do enjoy tender priority (getting ashore).

While we are elite we have yet to use priority tendering. Exactly how does that work? (We're going to need it at one port.)

To stay on topic: It has been widely reported that canned soda has been included with the Premier package. It has also been reported that people have been unable to get drink service in the theater anymore.

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

While we are elite we have yet to use priority tendering. Exactly how does that work? (We're going to need it at one port.)

To stay on topic: It has been widely reported that canned soda has been included with the Premier package. It has also been reported that people have been unable to get drink service in the theater anymore.

While it can vary from ship to ship, in the past we have always received a letter (sent to the cabin) telling us to report to a specific area (usually a lounge or one of the unused restaurants) where we waited until taken to a tender.  If you do not get any instructions, you can stop by the Captains Club host/hostess desk and ask....or simply ask at Guest Relations.  

Those without priority would normally go to a much larger venue where they are given a tender ticket and wait for their ticket number (or color) to be called.

Since you brought up drink service in the main theater, over the years (we have been on 33 Princess cruises) the service situation has varied from pretty lousy to none!  My suggestion (which is what we always do) is stop at one of the bars (before you go to the theater) and get your drinks to carry into the theater.  

Hank

• Like 1

Thrak, as always with Princess, the answer is “it depends.”

most often, there will be a designated venue for Elite/Suite to report to.  There will be a staff member to guide the elite/ suite passengers to the next tender.  

This priority is only ONE way, ship to shore.  You have to wait in line with the unwashed masses to return to the ship.  

4 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

The Terms & Conditions for the Plus and Premier packages state "The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service." So, no problem on Princess Cay.

There is one limitation on Princess Cay however. The package includes fountain sodas but does not include canned sodas. They do not have fountain sodas at Princess Cay, so sodas would not be included. I guess you will have to drink beer and cocktails instead.

Canned sodas are included in the Zero Alcohol Package and in the Classic Soda Package, so people with these packages would be able to get sodas at Princess Cay.

19 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Just off 2 weeks on the Sky. We had the Plus 50 package. To my surprise (and delight), canned sodas were included in our package. This was true at 3 different bars and I was never charged for them. The first time it happened, they just brought me a can and I said, oh no that's not part of my package. The server insisted it was. I got to know one of the bartenders pretty well and he also said canned sodas were included. YMMV. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Just off 2 weeks on the Sky. We had the Plus 50 package. To my surprise (and delight), canned sodas were included in our package. This was true at 3 different bars and I was never charged for them. The first time it happened, they just brought me a can and I said, oh no that's not part of my package. The server insisted it was. I got to know one of the bartenders pretty well and he also said canned sodas were included. YMMV. 🤷‍♀️

This is a very welcome change. I hope it is a fleet-wide policy change and not just on that ship. Princess is not known for consistency. With all of the talk about changes reducing the value of the packages, it would be very nice to see a change adding something new to them. This hasn't been much of a problem for us because DW gets enough canned ginger ale in the mini-bars, but it would be easier if she could just get one at a bar.

I just looked at the descriptions of the Beverage Packages. The summary descriptions of both the Premier Beverage Package and the Plus Beverage Package say "includes sodas" with no limitation to fountain sodas only.

However, the full Beverage Package terms & conditions for both still say "fountain sodas". They do not explicitly list canned sodas as included but they also do not list them as not included. The terms & conditions for the Zero-Alcohol Package and for the Classic Soda Package explicitly include "fountain sodas and cans of soda". I suppose it would be too much to ask for Princess to include "canned sodas" explicitly in the terms & conditions for the Plus and Premier packages.

Edited by NavyVeteran

@NavyVeteranCans of soda were included in the package on the Emerald last week. 

@Boiler Cruiserif there’s a particular can of soda or bottled beer you like bring it with you. That’s what I did. I was glad as they did not have Blue Moon on Princess cays last week. I also brought my beer bucket ( I always get one from the outdoor bar first day). They filled it with ice for me. 

On 9/10/2023 at 6:46 PM, dreaminofcruisin said:

Just getting off the Sapphire. I was served canned soda at several bars and not charged despite having a Plus 60. I was initially puzzled because I figured all bars had a fountain for soda. I still had to pay the difference for better wines at Vines though. That cost me a lot more than a couple cans of Diet Coke. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 6:14 PM, skynight said:

and keeping with this thread - if you are an 'early arrival' to PC - the bars are not going to be set up yet for serving - this takes awhile since all supplies / beer / booze has to also be tendered over with the crew preparing and serving the drinks - package or not

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2023 at 10:33 PM, that said:

You will receive a letter from the captain’s circle host/hostess that will include instructions for water shuttle. 

They'll print something in the Patter similar to this;

Regular Shuttle service.

image.png.dcdc21a0963f4ab907da6cefd46fd1d9.png

Priority Shuttle.

image.png.25f7795970b84776fba814e638f17145.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1