What is escape room?

6 minutes ago, 1965 said:

There was a question in one of my Princess cruise groups about an escape room. I asked what that is but no one answered. Can someone tell me? Thanks. 

Not sure if they opened the escape room since the restart?

But, you’re referring to the Sky and the Enchanted…

“Phantom Bridge” escape room

while at sea.

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Not sure if they opened the escape room since the restart?

But, you’re referring to the Sky and the Enchanted…

“Phantom Bridge” escape room

while at sea.

How much were they charging for the Enchanted escape room these days?

It's a room were Princess staff question you to see if you know what's included in your package, questions like plus 40, plus 50 and plus 60 for example, not knowing the correct answer keeps you locked in for 3 hours. Apparently passenger's are lock up for days 

Edited by antsp
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

It is a room where a group of people are locked in to solve a series of puzzles to get out of room.

It is also a timed event.  The group or "team" only has X minutes to solve all the puzzles.  If not, you lose.  If solved in time, you "escape" and win.

I've done two escape rooms, never on Princess.  The first was a test of logic and reasoning and was moderately fun.  The second was pop culture; "who was married to some actor I've never heard of" type contests.  I would still be stuck in that second escape room if I hadn't shot out the lock of the exit door.  [Just kidding!  I really shot the attendant!  [Kidding still.]]

Bleah!  Young people pay a lot of money to do those escape room experiences.  It seemed to be a trendy experience that has gone mainstream. They evolved from video games, and now are all over the world, with many different themes, and puzzles to solve.

I suppose if I were much, much younger and I had a group of friends then I might partake.  But since it is just DH and me on most cruises, it is more romantic for us to go to a dance floor then try to break a code to get out of a "locked" room. Have never done them, will never do them.  (But then we do not play bingo or do trivia, either.)

I did an earlier version on one cruise and we barely "escaped". I signed up for the thing on a later cruise and was disappointed to find it was the exact same scenario. I had to only offer minimal help to the group as I already knew how it was supposed to go.

32 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I did an earlier version on one cruise and we barely "escaped". I signed up for the thing on a later cruise and was disappointed to find it was the exact same scenario. I had to only offer minimal help to the group as I already knew how it was supposed to go.

You could have had bragging rights with the group had you just played "The Great Carnac"! 😄

We did one on the Regal in 2018. There were 4 of us locked into a room with a bunch of objects. Some held real clues others were just there to throw you off. 
Periodically they would give you hints via a speaker. We got about 95% through before time ran out.
It was fun and free at the time. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MrSchwump said:

We did one on the Regal in 2018. There were 4 of us locked into a room with a bunch of objects. Some held real clues others were just there to throw you off. 
Periodically they would give you hints via a speaker. We got about 95% through before time ran out.
It was fun and free at the time. 

When it was free it was the only time it was worth going. 

I could hardly believe it when they started charging. 

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

When it was free it was the only time it was worth going. 

I could hardly believe it when they started charging. 

As far as I can tell it is now a totally different and vastly improved experience. I'll never know for sure but that is my impression. The "original" version was held in the Wedding Chapel rather than a dedicated venue and a couple of the props for one of the times I did it were worn and I had to tell them about a very sharp, jagged, and dangerous corner on one item.

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

As far as I can tell it is now a totally different and vastly improved experience. I'll never know for sure but that is my impression. The "original" version was held in the Wedding Chapel rather than a dedicated venue and a couple of the props for one of the times I did it were worn and I had to tell them about a very sharp, jagged, and dangerous corner on one item.

Maybe they did improve the whole experience after all.

I'm still not willing to pay for another go-around.