Dinner menu's

wannagonow123

Is there anywhere on this board I might be able to see some of the current dinner menus? Not interested in specialty dining, just regular MDR.I am somewhat a picky eater, so if I will be eating in the buffet every night, no need to pack clothing suitable for the dining room. Thanks.

• Like 1

If you have the Navigator app installed, you can see the dinner menu for tonight on your ship.  Menus will vary slightly depending on the region the ship is sailing in, but you'll get a general idea.  Also, the suggested dress is for the EVENING - not just for the MDR.  Assuming you're going to a show, lounges, etc it's appropriate to be dressed appropriately vs wearing shorts/tees/flip flops. Nowadays even "dressy" isn't all that fancy, so it's easy to look nice and be comfortable each evening.

Sue/WDW1972

57 minutes ago, wannagonow123 said:

I am somewhat a picky eater, so if I will be eating in the buffet every night, no need to pack clothing suitable for the dining room.

Even on the "dressy" night, kaki pants and a collared shirt meet the requirement for the guys........enjoy the MDR.  Just change out of the flip flops, shorts and t shirts and you will be fine....enjoy the journey....

On the subject of food: We were just on the N. Amsterdam in Alaska. We are not picky eaters, but there are some things that are not to our liking. We could always find something to eat in MDR. But many times out of the 4 apptz and 5 entrees and 3 desserts -- there was only one thing we wanted out of each category. To me that is not good enough. Dinners are basically 1 beef, 1 chicken, 1 fish, 1 pasta, 1 vegan. A few nights there might have one or two more, but not every night. We did not eta dinner in the buffet, we prefer the personal service in MDR. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MrBill923 said:

On the subject of food

many times out of the 4 apptz and 5 entrees and 3 desserts -- there was only one thing we wanted out of each category. To me that is not good enough.

Wow.

27 minutes ago, MrBill923 said:

On the subject of food: We were just on the N. Amsterdam in Alaska. We are not picky eaters, but there are some things that are not to our liking. We could always find something to eat in MDR. But many times out of the 4 apptz and 5 entrees and 3 desserts -- there was only one thing we wanted out of each category. To me that is not good enough. Dinners are basically 1 beef, 1 chicken, 1 fish, 1 pasta, 1 vegan. A few nights there might have one or two more, but not every night. We did not eta dinner in the buffet, we prefer the personal service in MDR. 

In Alaska you can always order the Salmon, even if it is not showing up on the menu.  You probably knew that, but some people may not be aware.

2 hours ago, wannagonow123 said:

Is there anywhere on this board I might be able to see some of the current dinner menus? Not interested in specialty dining, just regular MDR.I am somewhat a picky eater, so if I will be eating in the buffet every night, no need to pack clothing suitable for the dining room. Thanks.

Here is a link to the current Alaska 7-Day menus:  Alaska 7-Day Menus 2023Caribbean 7-Day menus will be available near the end of October when the season opens.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrBill923 said:

But many times out of the 4 apptz and 5 entrees and 3 desserts -- there was only one thing we wanted out of each category.

Interesting.....

I have the opposite problem.....I generally want all the appetizers, entrees and desserts and have a hard time trying to pick just one of each.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

I have the opposite problem.....I generally want all the appetizers, entrees and desserts and have a hard time trying to pick just one of each.

Yeah, I've never understood picky eaters. I want to order everything.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

I am a picky eater, but always find something that I enjoy in MDR.  If no main dish sounds good, I order 2 apps.  

Mary will get two apps, a salad, and desert. And a glass of Port. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Banditswife said:

I think that even if a basic salad doesn't appear on the menu, they can still get you one.  I'm w/ Mary😀, I will skip the main dish & add other things.  But I have never gone hungry on a cruise-lol.

As we used to say when we had an open house for friends and family at Christmas, 'If you go home hungry it's your own d@mned fault'.  LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Her Majesty and I have a running joke along the lines of "I'm just going to go eat lunch at lido today and just get a salad".....LOL....never happens.....salad, fish n chips, bread pudding, dive in fries, asian station, sandwiches.....and on and on.....epic fail every time 

We start out with good intentions.....and threaten each other with an embarkation weigh in during the spa raffle at the gym followed by stepping on those scales the last night that are in the elevator area for our luggage......LOL.

....enjoy the journey....and the food.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Her Majesty and I have a running joke along the lines of "I'm just going to go eat lunch at lido today and just get a salad".....LOL....never happens.....salad, fish n chips, bread pudding, dive in fries, asian station, sandwiches.....and on and on.....epic fail every time 

We start out with good intentions.....and threaten each other with an embarkation weigh in during the spa raffle at the gym followed by stepping on those scales the last night that are in the elevator area for our luggage......LOL.

....enjoy the journey....and the food.  

I can sure relate to this.....   (and I bet many others a well).

• Like 1

I can relate to having good intentions on a cruise & failing.  But on a cruise we get more exercise by walking a bunch more than usual.  And we try to take the stairs when it's just a couple of decks either way, so my weight usually stays the same, even with the over indulgence.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

I can relate to having good intentions on a cruise & failing.  But on a cruise we get more exercise by walking a bunch more than usual.  And we try to take the stairs when it's just a couple of decks either way, so my weight usually stays the same, even with the over indulgence.

That's what we keep telling ourselves over and over again...."We deserve the bread pudding because we walked a lot this morning on deck 3 and we always (sometimes) take the stairs and yesterday we walked all over (insert port name) yesterday".....

LOL, it's all good....or we would not return!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1