Old things

Harrisonkid

We were going thru some old things this week  and found a complete list of all passengers from a Sovereign of the Seas cruise. For those that don't remember they use to print a paperback book with a list of all passengers listed and put it in each stateroom...any one else have remember old traditions?

• Like 3

Have a ShipShape visor (and maybe a t-shirt that doesn't fit 😄 ).  Have several glasses with ship's name (Song of America, Nordic Prince).  Also have a passenger list for Song of America and maybe Nordic Prince.

ETA:  I remember twice a day stateroom service.  🙃  Also chocolates on the pillow, midnight buffets, no specialty restaurants, no slides, no ice rinks, no balconies, $2(?) drinks, high cruise fares (oh, wait, they have returned 😞 ).

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

We were going thru some old things this week  and found a complete list of all passengers from a Sovereign of the Seas cruise. For those that don't remember they use to print a paperback book with a list of all passengers listed and put it in each stateroom...any one else have remember old traditions?

We have an old listing too. Loved looking thru and seeing where people were from. 😁

A funny, my husband still wears a St Thomas t-shirt he bought at a market in St Thomas, on a cruise in 1993. 😳 And yes, it is still in perfect shape. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

Have all of the menus from the Veendam (1981) framed and hanging in our den. The covers were prints from some of the Old Dutch Masters. Also had the complete manifest (~600 pax total), but my clearest memory is when it was time to be seated for dinner, one of the crew in a "Phillip Morris" uniform would walk through all of the public venues with a musical instrument and play the call to dinner on its chimes.

Johnny Roventini (1910-1998) - Find a Grave Memorial

• Like 2

15 hours ago, soremekun said:

Skipping dinner in the main dining room on the final night to avoid tipping the wait staff.

In 2014 my wife and I were on a cruise as part of a table of 10 ,all strangers.The next to last night it was suggested that we give a group tip.

Eight of us agreed.However,two women traveling together said that they never tip on a cruise.They did not come to dinner the last night and we gave individual tips.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am in my 80’s and weigh the same as the day I graduated HS.

18 minutes ago, orville99 said:

As do I (mid-70’s), but my center of gravity has shifted south.😇

Congrats to you both on your longevity.  I wish you many more happy years of cruising.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

<SNIP>> $2(?) drinks, <SNIP>>

I loved the drink of the day in the 90's on Royal for $1.95. Also, Bloody Mary's and Screw Drivers were $1.95 all day every day.

Edited by 2chiefs