Specialty restaurants open on boarding day?

hmorrow

21 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The app should list the operating hours of all dining venues - set it to the current sailing.

I'm only talking about boarding day. I know they;re open on sea days....

2 hours ago, VernRDH said:

For our Oasis cruise next month NO specialty restaurants are available for lunch on embarkation day. We were really hoping once we get on board something may be open, since we are tired of the chaos that is WJ.

The app is not correct until you board.  

Change the sailing to the current weeks sailing and look at the restaurants open hours for day 1 to get an accurate picture of what will be open. 

• Thanks 1

Previously and for our upcoming Anthem cruise I could pre book.  Looking at this week's cruise, Giovanni's was open for lunch yesterday.

Guess we will have to see what happens when we board, as the option is not there to book.

15 hours ago, VernRDH said:

For our Oasis cruise next month NO specialty restaurants are available for lunch on embarkation day. We were really hoping once we get on board something may be open, since we are tired of the chaos that is WJ.

exactly!

Edited by hmorrow

18 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The app should list the operating hours of all dining venues - set it to the current sailing.

OK

I was finally able to figure it out, and could see what's open on MY boarding day. Thanks!

It's Giovanni's and playmakers, and el Loco Fresh. 

16 hours ago, VernRDH said:

Same thing happened to us on this past August 4th cruise, nothing on the cruise planner stated that any specialty restaurant was open for embarkation day (which we found very odd because usually one is open as we have had lunch in the specialty restaurants on embarkation day in the past). When we boarded Oasis in Bayonne, we went to Central Park and checked, Giovanni's was open for lunch, we made a reservation for that day at 12:30 and enjoyed a quiet embarkation day lunch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hmorrow said:

OK

I was finally able to figure it out, and could see what's open on MY boarding day. Thanks!

It's Giovanni's and playmakers, and el Loco Fresh. 

When we were on Odyssey we had lunch at Giovanni's.  It was great!  So peaceful too. 🙂 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hmorrow said:

Are any specialty restaurants open for LUNCH, on boarding day. We have the unlimited dining pkg, and would love to do to one, instead of the buffet. This is for Odessey of the Seas.

TIA

On Oasis Chop's and Giovanni's.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 4:29 PM, Seville2Cabo said:

Don't cruise as much as some, but I have never seen a day (including boarding day) where at least one specialty restaurant was not open.

We have never had a Specialty Restaurant open on boarding day on Jewel of Seas.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

We were able to eat at Jamie's on Anthem.  Headed there once we boarded to set up our speciality dining package and then stayed for lunch.

I was thinking about setting up dining in whichever venue is opened, but then thought they might be too busy, and should go someplace else to set it up and then go eat. .....