Just got email from RCCL that Anthem Thanksgiving cruise will skip Port Canaveral

elizabethbp

39 minutes ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

I guess the Captain and HQ are not in contact. RCL just continuing to lie to all of us!

Or the Captain and HD simply thought they were re-assuring a passenger on the current sailing that the ship was completely sea worthy and could make the maximum speeds needed on the current voyage with the expected wind and sea conditions.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Or the Captain and HD simply thought they were re-assuring a passenger on the current sailing that the ship was completely sea worthy and could make the maximum speeds needed on the current voyage with the expected wind and sea conditions.  

I believe that would be the perfect case showcasing what everyone is stating. Dishonesty at every level. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rockon391 said:

I believe that would be the perfect case showcasing what everyone is stating. Dishonesty at every level. 

Are you having difficulty with reading comprehension today?  Or are you so angry you have lost all ability to reason?  Let’s review what I posted.  The ship is seaworthy; I believe that is true.  I suggested the ship can make the max speed it needs this week in the conditions this week.  Why would you doubt that?   The Captain and HD may reasonably think that is what concerns a passenger on the current sailing.  That’s far from dishonesty at every level…stop being a drama queen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Are you having difficulty with reading comprehension today?  Or are you so angry you have lost all ability to reason?  Let’s review what I posted.  The ship is seaworthy; I believe that is true.  I suggested the ship can make the max speed it needs this week in the conditions this week.  Why would you doubt that?   The Captain and HD may reasonably think that is what concerns a passenger on the current sailing.  That’s far from dishonesty at every level…stop being a drama queen.

This isn’t 1912 and people are not on the Titanic. If an engine is down and you are asked, you state that it is down and showcase how the ship can still perform less an engine. There is no reason to not be honest…

• Like 1

Just received this portion of an email from Royal.   Not too bad!  I'm happy now!

😀

Compensation

While you still get to enjoy your day onboard Anthem of the Seas, to help make up for the missed port, we will provide you with a one-day (1) cruise fare refund in the form of an Onboard Credit. This will automatically be added to your SeaPass account on boarding day. Any unused portion will be refunded to your credit card associated with your onboard folio.

14 minutes ago, rockon391 said:

This isn’t 1912 and people are not on the Titanic. If an engine is down and you are asked, you state that it is down and showcase how the ship can still perform less an engine. There is no reason to not be honest…

You are making a lot of assumptions about a conversation you did not hear.  Furthermore, you do not know the current status of that engine.  That email says the engine will need maintenance; I don’t think it says the engine is currently “down.”  You do not have to assume everyone is lying

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

You are making a lot of assumptions about a conversation you did not hear.  Furthermore, you do not know the current status of that engine.  That email says the engine will need maintenance; I don’t think it says the engine is currently “down.”  You do not have to assume everyone is lying

Well I was in fact lied to earlier today by multiple levels of management. In addition, there are many reports of people sharing the same experience. That is not an assumption. 

You really think the email sent yesterday was sent prior to management having any idea about why the changes were made? If that was the case, RCL is managed more poorly than I anticipated. Who is hiring the people they are paying triple figures to??? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rockon391 said:

Well I was in fact lied to earlier today by multiple levels of management. In addition, there are many reports of people sharing the same experience. That is not an assumption. 

You really think the email sent yesterday was sent prior to management having any idea about why the changes were made? If that was the case, RCL is managed more poorly than I anticipated. Who is hiring the people they are paying triple figures to??? 

You behaved duplicitously on the other thread.  On this thread you have whipped around accusations of lying with little or no basis.  Having observed your behavior, I have no reason to trust the accuracy of your report of your phone call.   “Multiple levels of management”…does that mean you got moved from CSR trainee to fully trained CSR to CSR supervisor, LOL?  You called because you had read the CC threads, so you knew (or should have known) it probably was a propulsion issue.  You knew more than the CSR’s; that’s happened to me plenty of times.  No reason to be mean.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Haha 2

I'm on the November 26th cruise and my travel agent forwarded me the first email yesterday which did mention the engine issue.  It was only today that they sent another email and mentioned the refund.  I feel lucky that they cancelled Port Canaveral rather than Nassau (a port that I'm not too thrilled about either; been there often). 

While I guess it depends on what you paid for your cruise, one day's fare comes to over $300 for me.  That's a few specialty restaurants or a shore excursion in Nassau.  Okay with me.

16 hours ago, sowhat said:

Why do you say this, on board Anthem  of the Seas now  , no issues. Please do not spread  false  information
So the answer  is NO!!

Actually received an email from RCC and it is a problem with engine.  Here is from the email, more context, one of the ship’s four engines requires maintenance which impacts our speed

17 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

We are booked on the 12/3 & 12/10 sailing.  I am fully expecting to receive the same emails eventually.  If they don't expect to have it fixed by the 11/26 sailing, I doubt it will be fixed by 12/3.

Since I missed you in St. John on 9/14 due to skipping the port call (you weren't home anyway 😄 ), maybe I'll see you on 12/3 or 12/10 (have both on hold).  🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Since I missed you in St. John on 9/14 due to skipping the port call (you weren't home anyway 😄 ), maybe I'll see you on 12/3 or 12/10 (have both on hold).  🙂

We will be there!  Well, that is the plan anyway 🤣 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, iscruisingdunzo said:

Well there you go. RCL ship is not in working order, yet they will still do nothing for their curstomers and they are at fault. 

That's like saying AA will sell you a flight, get you on the plane, and ooopsie, you will not be going to your destination because an engine is out and we are going to take yourself somewhere else instead. haha. That would be the day...

A flight is transportation with different regulations, a cruise is a destination that is legally allowed to skip ports or go to other ones not scheduled, apples and oranges.

9 hours ago, gallagher123123 said:

I feel like I’ve heard a lot of similar things over the last year or so. I haven’t been on a Quantum Class ship yet, so I could be totally off here.

They may make the news more. Their “drivetrain” is not really that much different than other ships. 

On 9/29/2023 at 1:14 PM, cruiseboy89130 said:

That is very slow!

19.5 knots is 89 percent of Anthem of the Seas maximum speed, which the ship very rarely operates at maximum speed of 22kts, thus saving fuel.

As i understand, the ship consumes 1.5 times more fuel for every knot over 20 knots of speed.

3 minutes ago, sowhat said:

19.5 knots is 89 percent of Anthem of the Seas maximum speed, which the ship very rarely operates at maximum speed of 22kts, thus saving fuel.

As i understand, the ship consumes 1.5 times more fuel for every knot over 20 knots of speed.

No one is making them offer this itinerary from Bayonne. If they can’t make the trip, don’t sell the trip.