Just got email from RCCL that Anthem Thanksgiving cruise will skip Port Canaveral

elizabethbp

I just got an email that Anthem this Nov. on the Thanksgiving cruise will skip Port Canaveral and we get 2 more hours in CocoCay.

That is totally fine with me, as I thought Port Canaveral was a waste of time, but not sure how others will react and not sure if this is just as  to this one cruise.

7 minutes ago, Kilianblythe1180 said:

I'm on the Nov. 12th sailing and missing Nassau is disappointing as is now leaving Orlando at 4:30 instead of 8:00.  Also the Cococay day has moved to being with Liberty to now Allure, meaning more people.

Overall, sadly disappointing.  Still will likely have a great cruise!

We will still have a good time but I'm so disappointed by this. Even if we wanted to do something fun in FL to make up for missing Nassau, the earlier time makes it almost impossible.

8 minutes ago, mkmaj said:

We will still have a good time but I'm so disappointed by this. Even if we wanted to do something fun in FL to make up for missing Nassau, the earlier time makes it almost impossible.

Agreed, trying to be positive but it really is disappointing so close to the cruise where it's too late to change plans.

• Like 1

As Ken mentioned, it might be a propulsion issue (again). We sailed on Anthem in March skipped PC due to propulsion issues.  The cruise (or two?) before us reported the same thing.  The cruise after us had PC back in the itinerary. 

I was disappointed to miss PC only because there was a SpaceX launch that day, and we would have been in a great position to see it just a few hours out to sea. 

Edited by Toddcan

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I received a couple notifications and they have skipped a port on each one.  Something must be up with Anthems propulsion system.  They have been doing these same itineraries for years without issue.

I got the same notice a couple of months ago about our 1/7/24 11 night Anthem cruise. Same bs, now going to only 4 ports instead of the usual 5 ports. They want to make our guest experience better. What's the chance of getting some,OBC to compensate?

3 hours ago, JanNSteH said:

Bummer!  We were going to meet up with some friends in Port Canaveral who happen to be in the Orlando area at the same time.   Would’ve preferred skipping Nassau.  Been there plenty of times.  Just my opinion.

Not us. In Nassau you can walk to a nice beach… in PC not much activities if you visited NASA museum, gator zoo/airboats. Cocoa beach is meh. 

3 hours ago, mets123 said:

I got the same notice a couple of months ago about our 1/7/24 11 night Anthem cruise. Same bs, now going to only 4 ports instead of the usual 5 ports. They want to make our guest experience better. What's the chance of getting some,OBC to compensate?

When did you get a notice about that and which port  did they elimanate?  Have not received notification of any changes

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I received a couple notifications and they have skipped a port on each one.  Something must be up with Anthems propulsion system.  They have been doing these same itineraries for years without issue.

No changes [so far] on next month's 15-night TA from Southampton to Cape Liberty.  🤞

And word on changes for 12/3 or 12/10 sailings?