Live from the Caribbean Princess, Oct 14 - Nov 5, 22-day Canadian and Atlantic Coast Land and Sea Adventure

Ken the cruiser

Yes, he is from India, but has called Poland his home for 30 years.  He likes to announce that in his culinary demonstrations.  He's so funny.

18 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Neville is actually from India.  He married a Polish woman and now calls Poland home.

Yes, I sat in the overflow area the entire night during my last cruise.  So entertaining to watch everyone coming through the doors or being "guided" to the other other.  Have seen the area shrink and grow.  Had the best service in that area too.  It's dark when I eat, so sitting by a window is not important.  I've had the round table in the very far window corner too.  By far, my favorite table.  

14 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

I've heard that before, but I didn't think it would change the size of the area, just the tables within the reserve class area.  I could be wrong of course.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CGinMTL said:

Hello Ken

Will be following along cginmtl 

I actually live in Montreal and see you are coming my way 

Would love to meet up with you if you have free time in your schedule

My email  

Cginmtl at Gmail dot com 

Welcome aboard. Thanks for the invite, but unfortunately time will be pretty scarce on the pre-cruise family excursion adventure. Maybe sometime on another cruise we can meet up for a beer.

• Like 1

My DW and I were going for our daily walk today and as usual talking about cruising when she saw this cute little Southern Sickle Bush-Cricket in the middle of our driveway, and thought I'd post it on the thread as a prelude of what's yet to come. For those who have not followed along on some of my more recent Live From threads, you might see some photos of some cute little creatures we might come across while out and about on an excursion. 😊

phaneropteranana.thumb.jpg.11a9e283733b026a48d9bbd3b7b7ac76.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CGinMTL said:

In Halifax. There is the Canadian Ellis Island. It is pier 21. 

And is steps away from where shops dock

Thanks for the heads up! Just thought I'd post some information about this museum on Pier 21 as a reminder of something to check out after we finish our excursion in Halifax.

250px-Pier_21_2010_1.JPG

Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 - Wikipedia

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

My DW and I were going for our daily walk today and as usual talking about cruising when she saw this cute little Southern Sickle Bush-Cricket in the middle of our driveway, and thought I'd post it on the thread as a prelude of what's yet to come. For those who have not followed along on some of my more recent Live From threads, you might see some photos of some cute little creatures we might come across while out and about on an excursion. 😊

phaneropteranana.thumb.jpg.11a9e283733b026a48d9bbd3b7b7ac76.jpg

Not to be rude, but that little critter is telling you to kiss his/her *** 😂

• Haha 2

To give you an example of how you can use CruiseMapper and Windy together, I don't think the folks on the Emerald Princess right now are going to have clear skies and calm seas on their cruise that left NYC yesterday unless the weather drastically changes really quick.

image.thumb.png.3f291bec8c0218a04eb02d1b88652a25.png

• Thanks 1

Hello. I will be flying in from Ohio and will be on this crusie. This is my first time in Quebec City. I will be meeting 2 lady friends that I met on The Caribbean Princess in March sailing the Panama Canal. This is going to be a great cruise. I hope to meet you at the meet and greet. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Negril60 said:

Hello. I will be flying in from Ohio and will be on this cruise. This is my first time in Quebec City. I will be meeting 2 lady friends that I met on The Caribbean Princess in March sailing the Panama Canal. This is going to be a great cruise. I hope to meet you at the meet and greet. 

I'm not sure we'll be there, but you may want to introduce yourself over on the Roll Call thread and let them know you're coming.

Revised/Separated October 19 to October 31 CB New England Roll Call - Caribbean Princess Roll Calls - Cruise Critic Community

• Thanks 2

Looking forward to another Ken review. We recently did NE/Canada on the Celebrity Summit. Québéc is wonderful!  I hope you do get to see the northern lights.  It was too cloudy during our cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, vickykay said:

Looking forward to another Ken review. We recently did NE/Canada on the Celebrity Summit. Québéc is wonderful!  I hope you do get to see the northern lights.  It was too cloudy during our cruise.

Thanks! The weather is definitely looking more promising. This is the "Clouds" section of the Windy page. Hopefully, the weather continues to be clear up. 🤞

image.thumb.png.3ab381c5a6557da27e5c8b920eb60fec.png

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, CGinMTL said:

We are having unusually warm weather.

Shorts in October in Montreal.

Hope it stays nice for you 

Just looked at the Toronto weather forecast for the next 8 days. Enjoy the warm weather while it lasts as it looks like it's going to be getting a little wet and chilly there next week unless the sun decides to come back out.

image.thumb.png.78f36bf39570038a9f9ea7527d9374fe.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vickykay said:

Brent Nixon, the naturalist who was on the Hawaiian cruise, gave a wonderful talk on the northern lights. Fingers crossed you get to view them. 

Thanks! We saw Brent Nixon and his wife on our first cruise to Alaska on the Celebrity Solstice back in 2013 and still remember him acting out the movements of a seal on the stage! He is by far one of the best naturalists we’ve ever had the privilege of listening to on any cruise. 😁

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! We saw Brent Nixon and his wife on our first cruise to Alaska on the Celebrity Solstice back in 2013 and still remember him acting out the movements of a seal on the stage! He is by far one of the best naturalists we’ve ever had the privilege of listening to on any cruise. 😁

I remember the seal impersonation, but not the name.  Guess he got his point across.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I remember the seal impersonation, but not the name.  Guess he got his point across.

Rick Hoffman, who played Louis Litt on the Suits TV series, was also a guest entertainer in Celebrity Central on that 7-day Alaska cruise. As one might imagine, we had a great time on that cruise, both on and off the ship. But then we always have a great time on all of the cruises we've been on! 😊

• Like 3

Looks like the potential for stormy weather isn't over just yet for eastern Canada. But hopefully TS Philippe will have cleared out of there by the time we fly into Toronto on Oct 14. Better yet, hopefully it veers farther to the East and disappears into the open waters of the Atlantic Ocean.

image.thumb.png.57a5265a4246821f92f8a9dfbbacace3.png

Following along as I always enjoy your reviews and get a chuckle out of your rare elusive pigeon photos. We are currently in NYC and wanted to share these photos of the rare, elusive, and sleepy New York pigeons. Hope you enjoy them.

IMG_3992.thumb.jpeg.a2e4e45df5e2b356bf002f5b741434e2.jpeg

IMG_3995.thumb.jpeg.d8c5ef911510e4865919a83f46a26623.jpeg

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

Following along as I always enjoy your reviews and get a chuckle out of your rare elusive pigeon photos. We are currently in NYC and wanted to share these photos of the rare, elusive, and sleepy New York pigeons. Hope you enjoy them.

IMG_3992.thumb.jpeg.a2e4e45df5e2b356bf002f5b741434e2.jpeg

IMG_3995.thumb.jpeg.d8c5ef911510e4865919a83f46a26623.jpeg

Thanks! They are definitely cuties! 😁

• Like 1