can you book a specific cabin on ncl.com?

sunsetme

You can.

Once you click on the cabin category and the price of a specific category, there will be a link in small print underneath the specific cabin NCL shows.  It says.....CHOOSE A DIFFERENT STATEROOM.  That's where you'll be able to choose whatever's still available on any given deck.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

You can.

Once you click on the cabin category and the price of a specific category, there will be a link in small print underneath the specific cabin NCL shows.  It says.....CHOOSE A DIFFERENT STATEROOM.  That's where you'll be able to choose whatever's still available on any given deck.

this is true normally, but OP is only being offered guarantees.  So they won't get the option that you're referring to

I haven't been able to choose cabin on NCL website this year. I just get "no other stateroom available" or something similar when using that choos adifferent room link. I have tried mock booking several 2024-25 cruises so it's not a last minute booking thing. I'm in EU if that matters.

(Last year I could choose room.)

Hmmmm.....just did a mock booking for the Prima out of Galveston in January.  It let me change and choose specific available cabins.

Maybe the date the OP is choosing has nothing but GTY cabins left?  TAs sometimes have a block of rooms booked that MIGHT be available.  But, I'd call them first to confirm they have the cabin you want actually available.

2 hours ago, Asawi said:

I haven't been able to choose cabin on NCL website this year. I just get "no other stateroom available" or something similar when using that choos adifferent room link. I have tried mock booking several 2024-25 cruises so it's not a last minute booking thing. I'm in EU if that matters.

It’s intermittent for me, sometimes I can choose a specific cabin other times not and I’m in the EU too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Asawi said:

From the UK I have found this to be the case since last October... When trying to book am only offered a "best available" from a chosen category and the "choose another room" is followed by "no other rooms available".

It is probably a European website thing.

There are however UK and US cruise agent sites that will show available cabins with a mock booking prior to calling NCL pcc direct.

Edited by Stevio

2 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

I've seen this a couple of times when looking for a specific cabin or location. A quick call to our PCC resulted in him finding numerous cabins available, despite the website only offering "guarantee" cabins.

We always book with our PCC, to get what we want.

16 hours ago, Ellis1138 said:

I'm always able to book a specific cabin on NCL.com. I'm in the US. Not sure if that matters.

sometimes, when the ship starts to fill up, they will only offer guarantees in some categories.  For example, I went on a cruise this past August, but I didn't book it until 10 days before the sailing.  I had to pick a guarantee and was assigned a cabin a few days later.  And I booked with an agent, not it was not just an online thing.  Granted, I'm not picky when it comes to cabins, so I didn't attempt to really get a cabin while on the phone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

sometimes, when the ship starts to fill up, they will only offer guarantees in some categories.  For example, I went on a cruise this past August, but I didn't book it until 10 days before the sailing.  I had to pick a guarantee and was assigned a cabin a few days later.  And I booked with an agent, not it was not just an online thing.  Granted, I'm not picky when it comes to cabins, so I didn't attempt to really get a cabin while on the phone.

But wait, there's more (maybe).

My next cruise is 102 days out (Panama Canal).

For some time, NCL only shows a guaranty for the basic Club Balconies (there are three rates possible). Could they be getting close to full? Perhaps. My TA has a buch still available from their group reservation.

On 9/29/2023 at 12:31 PM, sunsetme said:

only gives me a guarantee

Not on a guarantee.

I noticed this on my recent booking.  Through NCL.COM I have two balcony choices.  

1) Balcony

2) Sail Away Balcony. (No Free at Sea but $180 lower per person)

Selecting Balcony, the only choice is guarantee.

On my TA's web site, there are multiple balcony levels available, but anything that is not a guarantee $500 higher per person!.

I went with the gaurantee.image.png.b770a18010b8569df98439decf5dc086.png

17 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

Not on a guarantee.

I noticed this on my recent booking.  Through NCL.COM I have two balcony choices.  

1) Balcony

2) Sail Away Balcony. (No Free at Sea but $180 lower per person)

Selecting Balcony, the only choice is guarantee.

On my TA's web site, there are multiple balcony levels available, but anything that is not a guarantee $500 higher per person!.

I went with the gaurantee.image.png.b770a18010b8569df98439decf5dc086.png

A bit surprising to me.

It depends on how you would use the FAS options. You did not mention voyage lengh, but even for a week, and without the beverage package, FAS is worth a lot more than $360

My recent booking on Encore was like this. I selected Balcony, not sail away, and it gave me only one cabin.  I could not change it without paying more.  

When I called to ask why I could not choose my cabin they told me there were no others available in the category.

6 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

A bit surprising to me.

It depends on how you would use the FAS options. You did not mention voyage lengh, but even for a week, and without the beverage package, FAS is worth a lot more than $360

Perhaps I was not fully clear.  I did select the Balcony that included FAS.  I did not Select the Sale Away Balcony.

And it is a 12-day cruise, so well worth the extra $180 per person. 

3 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

Perhaps I was not fully clear.  I did select the Balcony that included FAS.  I did not Select the Sale Away Balcony.

And it is a 12-day cruise, so well worth the extra $180 per person. 

Smart choice.

Your post stated that you went with the guarantee - so, not very clear.

• Like 1