Enchanted Issue

Yowman

Host CJSKIDS
This post was recognized by Host CJSKIDS!

"Thank you for taking the time to post from your cruise. Please think about posting a review on our review board when you return. Enjoy your sailing!"

Yowman was awarded 10 points.

Embarked in Barcelona yesterday and I’m loving the ship.   First time princess cruiser.   Our departure from Barcelona was delayed 10 hours due to an issue with a thruster.   Divers fixed the issue just before departure.  Captain says we’ll arrive in Gibraltar only 1 hour late.   Must be a lot of leeway in the schedule.   

I'm not complaining, mechanical issues happen, and the captain kept us up to date. 

Now to enjoy the next 13 days on board

cheers, all

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Following as well.  

Me too, although not sailing on her until June. 

to the OP, many legs of a cruise are not designed to be sailed directly at full speed. There should be lots of time for delays and adjustments to the schedule most days. Unlike an air flight, a cruise ship is as much destination as transportation. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yowman said:

Had dinner last night at Crown grill.   The filet mignon was absolutely perfectly cooked and tender and had zero gristle.   It was delicious.  

Heading off to 360 soon. 

Enjoy your 360! 

Please give us a review of the overall experience and specifically the food.

If you can and its not to much trouble, please take a pic of the food. 

Thank you very much!@

Happy Cruising!!

On 10/1/2023 at 7:04 AM, 1965 said:

I hope you continue posting about your trip. We board Enchanted Nov. 12 for 26 day trans Atlantic.   💛 

19 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Us too...

Will either of you be posting the patters? 

On 10/1/2023 at 7:04 AM, 1965 said:

I hope you continue posting about your trip. We board Enchanted Nov. 12 for 26 day trans Atlantic.   💛 

We board in Rome on Thanksgiving day. So excited!!

• Like 1

Quick update:

360 was a delightful experience.   Being serenaded through The Catch (to get to 360) by violinists playing The Love Boat theme was something else. 

Had a steak in the MDR last night and it was meh!   Edible, for sure, but not great.   All other food has been excellent.  

Internet seems to be 3mb down and 1 mb up.  Have not tried streaming but the speed is otherwise more than acceptable.  Upload of photos to family is slowish but not too slow. 

Gibraltar yesterday - walked into town and joined  a local tour there.  45 Euros pp and I would not hesitate to recommend it. 

Sea day today.  More updates and some photos will follow

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 1965 said:

I told the family I can't host Thanksgiving this yr because we'll be in ITALY! 😁

That's terrific; and a really excellent reason.  My reason: I'm tired of hosting.  Someone else please do it...

• Haha 1

Docked in Genoa today.  Decided to stay on board.  It’s really nice having a non crowded ship today. 

Had a suite cocktail reception with the senior crew last night.  Very entertaining and enlightening.  

Although my Vista Suite is a little bit of a walk to the concierge lounge we have enjoyed visiting every morning for coffee.  Kevin, the concierge, has been very helpful in booking and canceling things for us. 

Weather has been terrific.  Not a drop of rain so far. 

Going to visit the PES lounge this afternoon to see what that’s all about. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Update on the issue I reported in post #1, per the captain:

An issue with one of the three stern thrusters was discovered just before the ship left dry dock a few months ago.  In Barcelona on Sep 30 divers replaced the thruster motor.  The thruster still needs its blades installing which should be done before departing from Rome on Saturday 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Yowman said:

Docked in Genoa today.  Decided to stay on board.  It’s really nice having a non crowded ship today. 

Here is a photo of your ship from this morning in Genoa.  I have a friend that lives across the street from the port.

Screenshot_20231005_060018_Instagram.thumb.jpg.cbb0f1e2228bd69da3ac5fb924d29e25.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/3/2023 at 6:27 AM, Yowman said:

Quick update:

360 was a delightful experience.   Being serenaded through The Catch (to get to 360) by violinists playing The Love Boat theme was something else. 

The Catch now eh?  We were on the transatlantic in March and it was Sabatinis that they serenaded us through to get to the back 360 room.  I agree 360 was a fantastic experience.  I do have a few pictures of the food on my phone I can try to post here later.

4 hours ago, Dudleydog73 said:

The Catch now eh?  We were on the transatlantic in March and it was Sabatinis that they serenaded us through to get to the back 360 room.  I agree 360 was a fantastic experience.  I do have a few pictures of the food on my phone I can try to post here later.

They moved Sabatini's to the Piazza and The Catch took over the space formerly occupied by Sabatini's.

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

They moved Sabatini's to the Piazza and The Catch took over the space formerly occupied by Sabatini's.

That is a shame.  So what was Sur la Mer or whatever is now sabatinis?  That is a horribly thought out location with the foot traffic.  Sabatinis was always one of our favorite SD restaurants.  Heck, the pasta kitchen fish bowl that was in sabatinis was right at the entrance.   Is that still a pasta kitchen or what did they do with it?

Edited by Dudleydog73
  • Like 1