clothing and shoes questions

Jetswdo

11 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

I have to say I agree. Unfortunately people don’t have common sense and that means guidelines are needed. The biggest thing if it’s not going to be enforced then what’s the point. I expected more from Celebrity. But I disagree about sneaker very much so. Sneakers are a great stylish classic look. My sneakers are what I get “detailed” by the shoemaker and they always look amazing. If royalty wear sneakers with a cute outfit then why should they be banned from the MDR?

I am afraid I have to disagree with you regarding sneakers as evening dress wear.  There are numerous occasions where sneakers are appropriate and I have no issue with those but on evening chic nights, long sleeve dress shirts, long pants, socks, and dress shoes should be required for everyone dining in a restaurant (e.g. MDR, Blu, Luminae, Specialty).  Sneakers, shorts, and t-shirts are appropriate for breakfast and lunch as well as any meals in the OVC. 

This is just my opinion.  And I believe that opinions are like noses, everyone has one and they all smell different. 

9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I am afraid I have to disagree with you regarding sneakers as evening dress wear.  There are numerous occasions where sneakers are appropriate and I have no issue with those but on evening chic nights, long sleeve dress shirts, long pants, socks, and dress shoes should be required for everyone dining in a restaurant (e.g. MDR, Blu, Luminae, Specialty).  Sneakers, shorts, and t-shirts are appropriate for breakfast and lunch as well as any meals in the OVC. 

This is just my opinion.  And I believe that opinions are like noses, everyone has one and they all smell different. 

I think a lot of this has a difference of opinion usually due to age and gender. As a younger woman I see fashion very differently than let’s say older men. The photo is one I think would be perfectly acceptable at any dinner that is not full on formal. As I’ve said sneakers aren’t necessarily athletic. I agree with you that athletic sneakers have no place on chic nights.

IMG_6217.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

I think a lot of this has a difference of opinion usually due to age and gender. As a younger woman I see fashion very differently than let’s say older men. The photo is one I think would be perfectly acceptable at any dinner that is not full on formal. As I’ve said sneakers aren’t necessarily athletic. I agree with you that athletic sneakers have no place on chic nights.

IMG_6217.png

Nice try but no.  I was a secretary in college in Chicago.  That’s what you wear on the subway to work.  Not what you wear to a restaurant for dinner.  That’s not “fashion”.  If that is fashion then I get to call my flip flops “fashion”.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Nice try but no.  I was a secretary in college in Chicago.  That’s what you wear on the subway to work.  Not what you wear to a restaurant for dinner.  That’s not “fashion”.  If that is fashion then I get to call my flip flops “fashion”.

Ahhh a dress code debate. Agree to disagree and move on. You may not think this is on point, like the poster probably thinks the classic "dockers and a golf shirt" or (heaven forbid) an "Aloha shirt" are fashionable. 

Celebrity actually did a nice Instagram story on this a few months ago. IMG_0980.thumb.jpeg.f7750a65f46c28e7bc434627ce5e3b24.jpegIMG_0982.thumb.jpeg.1db776d21a0dce436344079a6d36091e.jpegIMG_0984.thumb.jpeg.7e0d46d403345337339645b758aa9282.jpegIMG_0986.thumb.jpeg.41f4b65583fc3155269d5919496b487b.jpegIMG_0988.thumb.jpeg.e475cdf9668bfc9c5ab5bb1ddfb103d5.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Ahhh a dress code debate. Agree to disagree and move on. You may not think this is on point, like the poster probably thinks the classic "dockers and a golf shirt" or (heaven forbid) an "Aloha shirt" are fashionable. 

Celebrity actually did a nice Instagram story on this a few months ago. IMG_0980.thumb.jpeg.f7750a65f46c28e7bc434627ce5e3b24.jpegIMG_0982.thumb.jpeg.1db776d21a0dce436344079a6d36091e.jpegIMG_0984.thumb.jpeg.7e0d46d403345337339645b758aa9282.jpegIMG_0986.thumb.jpeg.41f4b65583fc3155269d5919496b487b.jpegIMG_0988.thumb.jpeg.e475cdf9668bfc9c5ab5bb1ddfb103d5.jpeg

Feels like a "Expectation" vs "Reality" meme...lol

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

We very much disagree. With that said I wear cute heals to anything formal. What Celebrity allows I think is horrible I’ve seen leggings with flip flops and tshirts on women on chic night in Alaska in the the MDR. I think we actually have more common ground than not but the cute leather sneaker is where we different it seems.

19 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

We very much disagree. With that said I wear cute heals to anything formal. What Celebrity allows I think is horrible I’ve seen leggings with flip flops and tshirts on women on chic night in Alaska in the the MDR. I think we actually have more common ground than not but the cute leather sneaker is where we different it seems.

If you keep going, I will not be able to afford the therapy bill for my PTSD.

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Celebrity actually did a nice Instagram story on this a few months ago. 

It’s good to know that I can finally stop shining my shoes.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

It’s good to know that I can finally stop shining my shoes.

That's exactly what Mrs Baggy said when I retired 20 years ago and gave all my Oxford brogues and Chelsea boots to a charity shop.

That's one weekly cleaning chore she doesn't miss.😉

• Haha 1

My husband is taking dark colored Hey Dudes slip ons.  He loves these shoes.  And being that they are black he will fit right in for evening MDR or speciality dining venues.  They are super light weight so easy to pack, too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kmangel said:

My husband is taking dark colored Hey Dudes slip ons.  He loves these shoes.  And being that they are black he will fit right in for evening MDR or speciality dining venues.  They are super light weight so easy to pack, too.

They pretty ugly also 😱

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kmangel said:

I love my Hey Dudes.  I wear them everywhere except on shore excursions, the gym,  and to dinner when cruising.