Will Haifa POC be removed from Musica itinerary?

Beamafar

1 hour ago, cruisefamilyholiday said:

Let's keep this thread about ships and vacations. Remove your tinfoil hat or find an alternative chat forum. 

Musica is heading for Cyprus now and will be in Haifa in two days. There is no reported fighting in the North and Royal Caribbean docked successful in Haifa on Sunday.

Remember what happened back in the 1985 with the achille lauro. Ok that was in the med and these ships are going into their back yard. Because Haifa hasn't been affected doesn't mean it wont' be.

1 hour ago, cruisefamilyholiday said:

There is no reported fighting in the North …

There’s firing being exchanged across the ‘Blue Line’ between Israel and Hezbollah, who have said that they will attack Israel if there is a ground incursion into Gaza. There’s increased military activity along the border with Lebanon.

Edited by Beamafar

7 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

As I have never been to Rhodes but always wanted to, I would sign this happily also. 

We were there for the first time last year (on Celebrity Edge) and loved it.  It’s a great port to wander around in and is a very interesting historical location.  It would be a perfect alternative to Haifa for us. 

Edited by Beamafar

52 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

As I have never been to Rhodes but always wanted to, I would sign this happily also. 

Rhodes is a fantastic island to visit. A day is not enough to enjoy it. The waterpark in north Falaraki is 20 minutes from the port and absolutely wild and Rhodes town it's self is a brilliant stop to stroll around. The acropolis of Lindos and nearby beaches. It is a shame the collossos is no longer there. The archaeological museum and palace where many films have been set. I too would welcome an extended stay in Rhodes. 

CruiseMapper shows that Musica is heading for Limassol. A reshuffle of itinerary no doubt, given the issues in Haifa.

I'm delighted to hear all of your glowing reports on Rhodes, we've never visited but are scheduled there next month.

Assuming our itinerary is unchanged. On another platform, there is an MSC Splendida forum, where a world of panic has broken out due to the Israel situation. We aren't scheduled to go to Israel but to Alexandria, where there was an incident involving Israel tourists on Saturday, Suez Canal and then Jordan. All miles away 🙂 I appreciate the unrest in the area is a concern, but it is confined to Gaza/Israel.  I daren't mention to them that we also sail through pirate territory ☠️😂

Back on topic (sorry Bea) Mein Schiff 5 is due in Haifa tomorrow, if they dock elsewhere it probably confirms Musica and others won't call this week.

27 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Back on topic (sorry Bea) Mein Schiff 5 is due in Haifa tomorrow, if they dock elsewhere it probably confirms Musica and others won't call this week.

By no means the Germans will go to Haifa, they have no passengers embarking and disembarking there. That´s MSCs problem. 

30 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

By no means the Germans will go to Haifa, they have no passengers embarking and disembarking there. That´s MSCs problem. 

Mein Schiff 5 is in Limassol today, lists next port as Marmaris on 10/12, so skipping Haifa and Ashdod.  EM

MSC made a decision!

October 19 Rhodes instead of Haifa
October 26 Rhodes instead of Haifa
November 2 Marmaris (in Turkey) instead of Haifa.

So congratulations to @Beamafar and others who will go to Rhodes.

We will enjoy Marmaris also. I guess, I don´t know the place 🙂 

Edited by perakcruiser
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, perakcruiser said:

MSC made a decision!

October 19 Rhodes instead of Haifa
October 26 Rhodes instead of Haifa
November 2 Marmaris (in Turkey) instead of Haifa.

So congratulations to @Beamafar and others who will go to Rhodes.

We will enjoy Marmaris also. I guess, I don´t know the place 🙂 

Thanks, P.   That’s great news.  

4 minutes ago, cruisefamilyholiday said:

Have you tried to call MSC?

Yes, but they have less information than this board .. and if the news are right, they decided to start from bodrum on monday, but have not decided where to go on the 26th, but this is not helping me if I have no official info at all, what my options are ...

1 minute ago, rrzeurope said:

Yes, but they have less information than this board .. and if the news are right, they decided to start from bodrum on monday, but have not decided where to go on the 26th, but this is not helping me if I have no official info at all, what my options are ...

Well we are literally in the same boat with this problem. Need to know where we will be dumped by MSC to arrange flights back. 

Quote me if you find out and I will do the same for you.

It would appear that a cruise website broke the news before MSC did on the Musica. Maybe a similar situation will transpire with the Sin.

21 minutes ago, cruisefamilyholiday said:

It would appear that a cruise website broke the news before MSC did on the Musica. Maybe a similar situation will transpire with the Sin.

The MSC Israel version website has been posting updates.

No description available.

• Like 1

Interestingly, the people on the current Musica cruise that boarded in Haifa are being disembarked in Limassol and transferred to an Israeli owned cruise ship called Crown Iris and then taken back to Haifa on that ship.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, todd-r said:

Interestingly, the people on the current Musica cruise that boarded in Haifa are being disembarked in Limassol and transferred to an Israeli owned cruise ship called Crown Iris and then taken back to Haifa on that ship.

I’d wondered how MSC would handle those who embarked last Thursday in Haifa. 

5 hours ago, rrzeurope said:

now I just need to know about the Sinfonia .. MSC has not announced anything 😞 it is getting a bit late for getting travel arrangements changed ...

I'm boarding Sinfonia tomorrow and we have been scheduled for Bodrum instead of Haifa.  I reviewed a copy of the notice given to those that embarked today, but, had no word from MSC directly.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cruisefamilyholiday said:

Well we are literally in the same boat with this problem. Need to know where we will be dumped by MSC to arrange flights back. 

So far no info from MSC - I just received this night an email with the offer to upgrade my cabin !?!?!

on their israeli site they just state (if google translate is right) that cruises till 23rd are cancelled and eligible for refund ... if I had no internet access and my flight to israel would be carried out eg. today .. then I would be stranded in Haifa because MSC didnt release any info they are going to bodrum and flying there would be really useless ... not so good

Edited by rrzeurope

We are on the SInfonia Nov 18 sailing from Haifa and have been monitoring the MSC Israel web site that has been providing updates (click on the Union Jack to read the site in English if you do not read Hebrew).
With all cruises now cancelled from Haifa until the end of October we called MSC USA to ask what our options are.
They said we have to wait until the cruise is cancelled before making any changes, but the options would be the same as what is being offered for the cancelled cruises to end of October.
1. Full Refund to original form of payment
2. Future Cruise Credit for full amount paid

3. Move to a different departure port

4. Move to a different sailing

We again asked if they could offer us #3 now and after checking with Supervisor we were told that we had to wait until officially cancelled.

• Thanks 1

MSC online Itinerary still states me boarding on 16th in Haifa ... but I heard that passengers boarding on 21st are getting the info @todd-r posted - and the israeli site is quite clear about the cancellation from haifa ...

new route starting 21st is supposedly: Piräus/Athen – Izmir – Istanbul instead of Rhodos – Limassol – Haifa