LIVE Italy Land trip then 10 days on Pride, Oct 18-29 to Greece, Turkey, Sicily and more Italy with ninjacat123!

ninjacat123

2 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

In Turkey, we were with “entertainment” and Miss Shirley liked red wine… merlot specifically. And we bought like 12 bottles for $50. Greece has fantastic white wine. I’m sorry I was too intoxicated to pay attention. 😆

Hah!!  12 bottles for $50 is right up my alley! 😎

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, cellfree said:

@ninjacat123are you taking Euros with you (did you exchange $s for Euros at a bank) or are you going credit card all the way?

Good question!  I'm planning on going to our local B of A and finding out if they have any euros. If so, I'll get about 200 euros in denominations of 10 euro or less.  Especially enough 1 euros for bathroom payment😬gotta be prepared!

If they don't have any, we will get some when we are in Italy.  From what I understand, most transactions are credit card based. And when you are given the choice of dollars or that country's money in a credit card transaction, choose the country's money.

Edited by ninjacat123
more info :)
  • Like 2

Just now, ninjacat123 said:

Good question!  I'm planning on going to our local B of A and finding out if they have any euros. If so, I'll get about 200 euros in denominations of 10 euro or less.  Especially enough 1 euros for bathroom payment😬gotta be prepared!

Most banks have a 5 business day euro exchange. May want to hurry. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SenatorsFan said:

Thanks for doing this review; I am really looking forward to following along. I hope you have a fantastic trip and cruise! 🥰

Yay!! Thanks for coming along, Senators Fan!! I think this will be a lot of fun😁

• Like 1

I keep checking out the weather. Venice looks nice on our day there, Florence is right now 50% chance rain. Rome is rainy almost every day we’re there. I’m planning layers and a rain jacket. Worse case scenario is we have to sit a bit longer in a cafe till the rain stops or doesn’t stop. 🥰

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I keep checking out the weather. Venice looks nice on our day there, Florence is right now 50% chance rain. Rome is rainy almost every day we’re there. I’m planning layers and a rain jacket. Worse case scenario is we have to sit a bit longer in a cafe till the rain stops or doesn’t stop. 🥰

I haven't even checked weather for our cruise out of Rome, nor have I checked into getting some Euros. So I guess no peeing for me & DH. 🫣

I don't know how I'm going to pull myself away from your Live long enough to go on my own trip,  but I'm looking forward to your trip! I'm also a white wino - so you better have a few extra for me since I can't pee 🙃 

Safe travels - I know you're going to have a blast!!

• Haha 7

8 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I haven't even checked weather for our cruise out of Rome, nor have I checked into getting some Euros. So I guess no peeing for me & DH. 🫣

I don't know how I'm going to pull myself away from your Live long enough to go on my own trip,  but I'm looking forward to your trip! I'm also a white wino - so you better have a few extra for me since I can't pee 🙃 

Safe travels - I know you're going to have a blast!!

Yay!! Glad you’re along (even without pee breaks🤣) on my LIVE!!! So far, so good👍😁

• Like 4

19 hours ago, ober134 said:

We just spent 8 days in Italy land trip, Milan, Tuscany and Florence. it was exhausting but great. Carryon only is the way to go! All those Cobble stone streets! We also had a Mediterranean cruise scheduled in 2020  😥. Beware of pickpockets! Its a real thing as one in our travel group was a victim. Enjoy! We cruise in 3 weeks which is our vacation from that vacation.

Rome and Venice are horrible for pickpockets!  They have it down to a science, including cutting the straps of a crossbody purse before you even know what happened. 😡

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Following!! I'm excited for your live review.  We did a Carnival Med cruise 10 years ago, and had another scheduled for 2020 😔. Since that one never came to fruition,  we want to try again in 2025 or 2026! We hope to find an itinerary similar to yours, with lots of ports in Greece!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jeafl said:

Rome and Venice are horrible for pickpockets!  They have it down to a science, including cutting the straps of a crossbody purse before you even know what happened. 😡

Hey Jeafl thanks for coming along!! I agree, gotta keep my guard up for pick pockets. That can ruin a trip in so many ways!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pcvtmom said:

Following!! I'm excited for your live review.  We did a Carnival Med cruise 10 years ago, and had another scheduled for 2020 😔. Since that one never came to fruition,  we want to try again in 2025 or 2026! We hope to find an itinerary similar to yours, with lots of ports in Greece!

Yay!! Thanks for following😁 I’m going to post lots of pics of beautiful Greece!! Looking forward to lots of yummy food❣️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Hey Jeafl thanks for coming along!! I agree, gotta keep my guard up for pick pockets. That can ruin a trip in so many ways!

I'm excited to read your review!  Just be careful! My son had just bought a train ticket in Rome, and he put his wallet back in his left front pocket of his shorts, when some guy grabbed his right front pocket.  When he went to grab the guys hand from his right pocket, the guy's accomplice grabbed the wallet from his left pocket and they both jumped on the train just as the doors closed.  It was choreographed perfectly.  He lost his cash, Eurail pass, credit card and debit card.  He was doing a college term abroad in Germany so none of us were with him.  Fortunately he ran into a fellow college student who lent him money to get back to Germany.  It was a hassle getting him a new credit card and debit card!  Fortunately he had left his passport in the hotel room so he didn't lose that as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jeafl said:

I'm excited to read your review!  Just be careful! My son had just bought a train ticket in Rome, and he put his wallet back in his left front pocket of his shorts, when some guy grabbed his right front pocket.  When he went to grab the guys hand from his right pocket, the guy's accomplice grabbed the wallet from his left pocket and they both jumped on the train just as the doors closed.  It was choreographed perfectly.  He lost his cash, Eurail pass, credit card and debit card.  He was doing a college term abroad in Germany so none of us were with him.  Fortunately he ran into a fellow college student who lent him money to get back to Germany.  It was a hassle getting him a new credit card and debit card!  Fortunately he had left his passport in the hotel room so he didn't lose that as well.

I’ve heard so many pick pocket stories and this almost sounds like a dance! I’m glad your son ended up okay, but what a hassle!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mamiamjo said:

Following along! I hope you have a great time. We too were booked on a Mediterranean Cruise out of Barcelona in May 2020. We hope to get the chance to reschedule in the relatively near future.

Hi mamiamjo!!  Glad to have you here😃 funny how so many of us booked a Med cruise in 2020.  I hope you do get to reschedule it soon and maybe my LIVE will give you some inspiration👍😎

• Like 2