boarding passes

nancy1031

i printed out my boarding pass (a nightmare as the pdf they sent didn't work)- it was a total of 3 pages including luggage tags- is this normal?, also i printed in color however my luggage tags ddn't come out the color green they showed - came out more mof a gray/light olive green color- is this ok? Thanks for your help....

Yes, the Boarding passes being lengthy is what I've always experienced.   Our luggage tags have been done in black/white/gray only and our bags give to the porters still made it to our door. 

Concentrate on your passport (at hand? still valid + 6 months?) and the fun you'll be having...

6 hours ago, nancy1031 said:

i printed out my boarding pass (a nightmare as the pdf they sent didn't work)- it was a total of 3 pages including luggage tags- is this normal?, also i printed in color however my luggage tags ddn't come out the color green they showed - came out more mof a gray/light olive green color- is this ok? Thanks for your help....

Color is meaningless 

1 hour ago, highSeas22 said:

Color is meaningless 

Actually the colors are not meaningless. The color specifies the deck and gives the guys sorting and delivering the bags an easy visual to know which deck to drop off the bags. You can print them in black and white and have a high probability of getting your bags but if you have access to a color printer you can help your odds.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Titan_Cruiser said:

Actually the colors are not meaningless. The color specifies the deck and gives the guys sorting and delivering the bags an easy visual to know which deck to drop off the bags. You can print them in black and white and have a high probability of getting your bags but if you have access to a color printer you can help your odds.

Look closer.  It will actually say 8aft or 7mid or 9fwd. So yes they are meaningless.  I have never missed a bag

Edited by highSeas22
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Titan_Cruiser said:

i had been on cruises where the color can change in the weeks leading up to the cruise. one day the website will show me red luggage tags and then as the cruise date gets closer the tag changed to orange. same cabin, same deck, same cabin location everything is the same except for the color

• Like 2

Unsure what "the PDF they sent was a nightmare" means?  you open your planner click on print docs and it comes up in a pop up to print.  never had them sent anywhere other than my screen.

• Like 1

they sent me a pdf- wasn't able to open it so i went in 2 days ago- hit print and they printed out just fine- with the pdf it said i needed microsoft edge  in order to print the pdf- am just glad i could print the docs- all 3 pages!!!  thanks for all your help with this- very much appreciated it!!!!

58 minutes ago, nancy1031 said:

they sent me a pdf- wasn't able to open it so i went in 2 days ago- hit print and they printed out just fine- with the pdf it said i needed microsoft edge  in order to print the pdf- am just glad i could print the docs- all 3 pages!!!  thanks for all your help with this- very much appreciated it!!!!

You don't need MS Edge, that was probably just your email associating the file type weirdly (do you use MS Outlook by any chance?  MS is always looking for a reason to plug Edge).

You could have downloaded the PDF from your email to your device, then printed natively from your device using regular Acrobat Reader or whatever is your preferred PDF file reader.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

i had been on cruises where the color can change in the weeks leading up to the cruise. one day the website will show me red luggage tags and then as the cruise date gets closer the tag changed to orange. same cabin, same deck, same cabin location everything is the same except for the color

Out of curiosity I just downloaded "new" luggage tag for an upcoming cruise, which I had previously downloaded.

Color changed from Red to Indigo (a blue-purple).  Nothing else changed.

(Also amusingly, there was a "cabin upgrade offer", my first ever I think, which was very much not an upgrade for us - it would have been mid-ship right under the Lido deck, whereas current cabin is between two other decks of cabins, and right near the aft - where we like to stay.)

These porters are professionals.  When you drop of your luggage with them, it's already being separated by location. The tag literally tells them where it is going. My new tags literally says 9 aft p with my cabin number.  Regardless of color, they still have to read it.

• Like 1

I always print my boarding passes and luggage tags in black and white (aka grayscale) and have never had an issue getting my luggage delivered. Are the colors meaningless?? I don't know. There are some that argue that they do mean something. Maybe they do. But they don't mean enough to affect their delivery.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, stobe1 said:

I always print my boarding passes and luggage tags in black and white (aka grayscale) and have never had an issue getting my luggage delivered. Are the colors meaningless?? I don't know. There are some that argue that they do mean something. Maybe they do. But they don't mean enough to affect their delivery.

Regarding color, the porter still has to read them to separate them. I printed mine and my wife's. Hers were red, mine were green. Same cabin. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2023 at 10:06 PM, Titan_Cruiser said:

Always printed black and white, and always received our luggage,

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

The text on the luggage tags says they do not need to be in color. Why people think they know better than Carnival, who designed this process, I will never understand.

I agree with your conclusion, but it is curious that:

1. Luggage tags are provided with very obvious and vibrant color coding

2. The colors do not seem to be consistent and change over time for the exact same cruise and cabin

So why send them out in color if it is meaningless?  Seems like a weird thing to bother encoding.

Maybe they had intended for the colors to mean something (and be consistent) but Something Went Wrong in the script/code...

30 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I agree with your conclusion, but it is curious that:

1. Luggage tags are provided with very obvious and vibrant color coding

2. The colors do not seem to be consistent and change over time for the exact same cruise and cabin

So why send them out in color if it is meaningless?  Seems like a weird thing to bother encoding.

Maybe they had intended for the colors to mean something (and be consistent) but Something Went Wrong in the script/code...

My guess is for the same reason why the word PRIORITY is in red on your boarding pass or luggage tag - it's a quick identifier, but it's not necessary to be in color - the word is there either way.