Will be on the Silhouette from November 6 til 16th

aml3679

Climbing on board! Love Silhouette, favorite of the S class ships. Have sailed her many times.

AHHHHHH Retirement, it never gets old. I retired 7 years ago and never looked back! Time tables just disappear!

Will be following, these live reports help get through the time until our next cruise.

Cheers!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aml3679 said:

We had dinner at Shooters on the water

Seafood pasta bowl for our friend Warren

Clam chowder for Warren and I 

Crab cake for Liz

Brown butter scallops and shrimp with a corn risotto for myself and Liz

Cheeseburger and onion rings for my husband who is allergic and shellfish 

IMG_1939.jpeg

Love Shooters…I plan to have dinner there in a few weeks pre-cruise!

Embarkation very smooth

Had our own entrance 

Retreat lounge very nice with drinks and snacks

they check you in individually.

We went to the Retreat Lounge where we were able to make all of our dining reservations.

We went to Luminae and had lunch. The food was outstanding. I had prawn ceviche and a lobster roll along with apple crumble. My husband had steak with béarnaise sauce and potatoes and it’s some kind of chocolate dessert. Very impressed so far.

Our room is wonderful. Our cabin attendant stopped by and it’s going to get me a dozen more hangers. 

• Like 1

For some reason my pictures are not showing up.

We finally sailed around 530

They had a special where you can eat and eat, especially restaurants for half off. We chose our favorite, Tuscan Grill, that cost $30 each.

For dinner, I had an appetizer of meatballs, half an order of carbonara, a filet mignon, that was perfectly cooked, and a pistachio crème brûlée for dessert.

My husband had the arugula and goat cheese, salad and chicken Parmesan for dinner, and a lemon cello cheesecake.

Our friend Liz, had a crabcake, arugula and goat cheese salad, lobster, rigatoni for dinner, and the lemon cello cheesecake for dessert.

Her husband, Warren, had pork belly, filet mignon, garlic, mashed potatoes, and some kind of chocolate dessert.

We all enjoyed our meal very much and the service was over-the-top as usual.

My husband and I were tired so we went for a room and went to sleep.

My husband is in the shower and then we are going to Café Bachio for coffee followed bu breakfast in Luminae.

Then we are going to explore the ship.  I am going to the solarium pool.

Loving the suite life.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Silhouette will be Pier 25 and Equinox Departed yesterday and as you said used Pier 25

Just for information -  It would be impossible for two ships to disembark same terminal at the same time.  

Correct. I am aware of one ship one terminal. Sorry, I made a mistake reading that EQ was there the same day.
However, when we get back after our Nov 20 cruise (on Nov 30), two X ships (Equinox and Silhouette) are in port, so was wondering which ship docks at which terminal. Sorry for any confusion.

35 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Correct. I am aware of one ship one terminal. Sorry, I made a mistake reading that EQ was there the same day.
However, when we get back after our Nov 20 cruise (on Nov 30), two X ships (Equinox and Silhouette) are in port, so was wondering which ship docks at which terminal. Sorry for any confusion.

Your question has been answered on the roll call.  We will depart from pier 25 and return to pier 18.  You can also find this information on the Port Everglades website.

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2023 at 2:59 PM, lola2013 said:

Congratulations on your anniversary and retirement.  I am looking forward to your review.  I will be sailing on Silhouette in April…a B2B with two separate groups of friends.

Bon Voyage 

Susan 😎

We're on a 10 day starting April 8.  Silhouette has always been a favorite of ours.  

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

We're on a 10 day starting April 8.  Silhouette has always been a favorite of ours.  

We are as well and the only S-class we haven’t been on is the Silhouette. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lienf said:

We are as well and the only S-class we haven’t been on is the Silhouette. 

Our only S-class disappointment was a TA last year on Reflection.  We had a cabin problem that took 2 days just to get some attention, and we had to move.  The really annoying thing was that, with <50% capacity, the bar service was very sub par.  I expected just the opposite.

4 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Your question has been answered on the roll call.  We will depart from pier 25 and return to pier 18.  You can also find this information on the Port Everglades website.

not great for those parking at the port!

• Like 1

Second day of cruise and we are at Sea.

Our cabin Stewart brought us a bowl of fruit even though we did not request it and he’s bringing a cheese plate this afternoon.

Just had lunch in Luminae. The service was outstanding, and the food was very good.

my friend and I had a salad with chicken and a green goddess dressing.

My husband had a Luminae burger which was outstanding.

My husband’s friend had the shrimp Poboy.

For dessert we had white chocolate mousse with strawberries and balsamic vinegar glaze. It is one of the most outstanding desserts we have ever had . Very satisfied.

My husband is exploring the ship and I am going to nap. We are going to the porch for dinner. Should be interesting since my husband is allergic to seafood. 

Enjoy your cruise and congratulations on your husbands retirement and your anniversary.  We will be celebrating my DH's bday in January aboard the Silhouette.  Have sailed on her 4 previous times.  A great ship!  Don't miss the lawn club grill.

Then going on to Disney for a family trip.  Truly would rather do a b/2/b but the grandchildren want to spend time at Disney- yuk.

Edited by Cruise a holic

The embarkation process was a breeze.

The hotel shuttle dropped us off at the terminal.

There is a separate entrance for Retreat to the left.  You show your passport and boarding pass.  You take the elevator to the second floor and go through security.

You enter the Retreat Lounge where they come to check you in.

There is coffee, cold beverages and various snacks.

Once you board, you can drop your luggage off in the room.

Then we headed to the Retreat Lounge on Deck 5 where they have a full bar, various cold beverages and snacks.  What surprised me was they did not ask for our sea pass.

They we mustered outside of Quisine.

We went to lunch in Luminae on Deck 3 which is stunning.  Excellent service.  My husband had their burger which was cooked perfectly and tasted divine.  The rest of us had the lobster roll which was excellent.  For dessert we had white chocolate mousse with strawberries and basalmic glaze - yum.

You are allowed to go to your room at 1:30.  We got a sunset Sky Suite.  Very satisfying.  We met Deepack, our room steward.  Very present, friendly, and can not do enough for us.

There are 3 closets.  The only think we have asked is for extra hangers.  My husband asked for the mini fridge to be emptied.  He even filled it with water and soda.

We ate at Tuscan that night, one of our favorites.  Food and service were outstanding.  I had a meatball appetizer, half an order of carbonara, filet, and a pistachio crème brûlée that I am still thinking about.  My husband had a goat cheese salad, chicken parmigiana, and lemon cheesecake.

We went to the theater where there was dancing, singing, and acrobatics.  Very enjoyable.

IMG_1128.jpeg

IMG_1127.jpeg

IMG_1130.jpeg

IMG_1131.jpeg

IMG_1132.jpeg

IMG_1133.jpeg

IMG_1134.jpeg

IMG_1142.jpeg

IMG_1147.jpeg

IMG_1146.jpeg

IMG_1145.jpeg

• Like 3

Day two was a sea day.

We had breakfast at Luminae.  Our friends decided to eat in the Oceanview Cafe.

My friend and I hung out at the solarium pool while our husbands hung out at The Sunset Bar on Deck 15 where they smoked cigars and drank bourbon and Long Island iced teas.  Disappointed the water was chilly.

That night, we ate at The Porch.  All of the food has been excellent except here.

My husband, who is allergic to shellfish, had a half a Cornish hen which was just ok.  The three of us had the seafood tower, which cost $15 extra each.  The lobster was overcooked and would not come off the shell.  You get 6 mussels, 4 huge shrimp, 4 scallops, a lobster tail, and seafood salad.

Food is subjective and someone else might love.

IMG_1156.jpeg

IMG_1157.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Day three was another full day at sea.

Had breakfast in Luminae.  I had the eggs Benedict and my husband had a cheese omelette cooked perfectly.

Another day doing our own thing.

Explored the shops, nothing special.

Played slots.  Spent $25 and won $25.

Had lunch in Luminae.  My husband had burgers.  Our friend had a shrimp po boy and a salad with chicken and a green goddess dressing.  All excellent.

For dinner, we went to the Lawn Club on Deck 15.

My husband started out with a pepperoni flat bread, filet, and cheesecake.  I had a filet along with a shrimp and scallop kebab, and carrot cake with vanilla ice cream.  Service and food were excellent.

After dinner we went to the Martini Bar on Deck 4.  We hung out for a while.  Then I went off to our room while my husband went to Deck 15.

IMG_1160.jpeg

IMG_1161.jpeg

IMG_1163.jpeg

IMG_1167.jpeg

IMG_1169.jpeg

IMG_1170.jpeg

IMG_1171.jpeg

IMG_1172.jpeg

IMG_1173.jpeg

• Like 1

Yesterday, we arrived in St. Maarten.

We did a 4.5 hour bus and boat tour.  Very enjoyable.  Not bad for $79 each.  The boat tour included all you can drink rum punches, beer, soda, and water.

We got back and headed to the Oceanview Cafe for a bit before a nap.

All of the top officers had a soirée in The Retreat Lounge was a nice touch.

We ate in Luminae for dinner.

Each of use had French onion soup from the Main dining room.

I had a veal chop with veggies.

My husband had eggplant parmigiana.

Our friends had sea bass and surf and turf (extra $35)

Each of us had the chocolate soufflé with coffee gelato.

Excellent food a service.

I wanted to see the cabaret show but was too tired.  My husband went with Liz.  The, he went to Deck 15 until 2 am.

Today, we are in Barbados.

IMG_1128.jpeg

IMG_1134.jpeg

IMG_1133.jpeg

We were in Barbados today.  Did the Best of tour.  By the time we got back, we’re exhausted.

Went to Luminae for dinner.

The amouse bouch was watermelon and feta with basalmic glaze.  Delicious.

Had the tuna tartare which was a bit spicy.

Unfortunately, my duck confit was inedible.

My husband had French onion soup and a NY strip.

Trinidad and Tobago

Unfortunately, our excursion was cancelled 

No reason given 

Went to Cafe Al Bacio and had iced cappuccinos.

Had a bit to eat in the Oceanview Cafe

Went to the Sky Lounge and painted watercolors and played Country Music trivia, got 30 out of 30

Relaxing until dinner in Luminae 

For entertainment, they have a magician tonight 

IMG_1214.jpeg

IMG_1213.jpeg

IMG_1212.jpeg

IMG_1211.jpeg

IMG_1210.jpeg

IMG_1209.jpeg

IMG_1208.jpeg

IMG_1207.jpeg

IMG_1206.jpeg

12 minutes ago, aml3679 said:

Went to the Sky Lounge and painted watercolors and played Country Music trivia, got 30 out of 30

30 out of 30, dang my lady that is impressive! I was a radio announcer for two decades in country music and I am SURE I would not be able to achieve that. I hope they gave you a free cruise. 😉