Solo Supplement (DP340) Blackout Periods?

nelblu

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I booked wonder onboard thru next cruise and had to wait a extra 24 hours for him to send to miami to get it repriced as DP340. And my obc. I think only rcl can do the repricing. My TA also has to have DP340 repriced. 

Same issue, at least 6 in last yr had reprice DP340 after Booking online. Some as new release, others been out a while

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I booked wonder onboard thru next cruise and had to wait a extra 24 hours for him to send to miami to get it repriced as DP340. And my obc. I think only rcl can do the repricing. My TA also has to have DP340 repriced. 

That is strange as I was able to use the promo for all of my on-board bookings while I was there.  I had done a mock booking to be sure that the price was the same.  The latest was an 11nighter on Explorer in January '25 which I booked on Oasis sail in August.

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

That is strange as I was able to use the promo for all of my on-board bookings while I was there.  I had done a mock booking to be sure that the price was the same.  The latest was an 11nighter on Explorer in January '25 which I booked on Oasis sail in August.

It was a group booking 

Just now, nelblu said:

Idk why the time I booked onboard the guy said I had to wait 24 hours for miami to finalize it. Ken was there or I wouldnt have booked onboard. Only the one booked onboard during bella1.0 for bella2.0. Ken would know why. He said comeback tomorrow. 

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk why the time I booked onboard the guy said I had to wait 24 hours for miami to finalize it. Ken was there or I wouldnt have booked onboard. Only the one booked onboard during bella1.0 for bella2.0. Ken would know why. He said comeback tomorrow. 

Group bookings have some unique peculiarities.

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Group bookings have some unique peculiarities.

But when I booked at next cruise I booked a regular full rate refundable. Later it was switched to a group rate.

Since I booked a regular rate, how would the next cruise guy know it would become a group rate. Sorry I dont understand why the next cruise guy made me come back in 24 hours, miami had to do something.

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

But when I booked at next cruise I booked a regular full rate refundable. Later it was switched to a group rate.

Since I booked a regular rate, how would the next cruise guy know it would become a group rate. Sorry I dont understand why the next cruise guy made me come back in 24 hours, miami had to do something.

Sorry, misunderstood you.

• 4 months later...

Sorry, to have to bring this up again.  I was trying to book a sail and was told by a C&A D+ desk agent that the new blackout dates, other than holidays and spring break, has expanded from May 15-September 12.   Can someone confirm this statement as in past I got wrong answers.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Sorry, to have to bring this up again.  I was trying to book a sail and was told by a C&A D+ desk agent that the new blackout dates, other than holidays and spring break, has expanded from May 15-September 12.   Can someone confirm this statement as in past I got wrong answers.

Summertime has been the norm with some exceptions inc during CV, know at minimum was June threw Labor day. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

6 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Summertime has been the norm with some exceptions inc during CV, know at minimum was June threw Labor day. 

Funny, as some years ago the pricing around Labor Day was one of the lowest due to Hurricane concerns.

37 minutes ago, nelblu said:

All I can say is the benefits list was revised a little over a month ago and it says June 15 to August 15.

I saw a couple of weeks ago DP340 worked for a ship out of tampa for Thanksgiving xmas and NYE. I've seen some work for Thanksgiving and xmas but first I've seen work online for direct booking NYE. Smaller ships it seems to work more often, so maybe it's a on purpose to fill smaller ships imo. 

If the code is allowed to work for 6 months, imo they could fix it if they wanted to. 

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I saw a couple of weeks ago DP340 worked for a ship out of tampa for Thanksgiving xmas and NYE. I've seen some work for Thanksgiving and xmas but first I've seen work online for direct booking NYE. Smaller ships it seems to work more often, so maybe it's a on purpose to fill smaller ships imo. 

If the code is allowed to work for 6 months, imo they could fix it if they wanted to. 

It's been a problem over the last couple of years that the code does not work for a time when new itineraries are released.  It's funny, that when I called on Friday, a different agent manually calculated and was about to give me the discount on the same ship, dates and itinerary, but I lost power and did not get the power back until the next day at 3am.  Unfortunately, never been able to get the same agent.

3 minutes ago, nelblu said:

It's been a problem over the last couple of years that the code does not work for a time when new itineraries are released.  It's funny, that when I called on Friday, a different agent manually calculated and was about to give me the discount on the same ship, dates and itinerary, but I lost power and did not get the power back until the next day at 3am.  Unfortunately, never been able to get the same agent.

That's a different thing, code for solo not being able to work when first released. And the new format on their booking site i cant get to add the code with the browser i was using, wouldn't scroll down. 

I can book direct on holidays cheaper than my TAs group rates. But I'd have to book nonrefundable. I'm booked this xmas on adventure. Code worked when I booked fairly recently. Code works even NYE and xmas 2025. Only for smaller older ships do I see this. 

Lots of oddities.

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Be careful, the fix could be that the code doesn't work for any months.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That's a different thing, code for solo not being able to work when first released. And the new format on their booking site i cant get to add the code with the browser i was using, wouldn't scroll down. 

I have no problem entering the code on my laptop.  The booking format on the laptop has not changed. Also, I've had no problem booking the code for a Harmony December '24 and Explorer January '25 sails.  Only on the most recent released itineraries has it been a problem.

Edited by nelblu

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Be careful, the fix could be that the code doesn't work for any months.

I'm specifically saying I booked xmas day cruise for this year, 2024 and that the code had worked for at least 6 months for a xmas date cruise before I booked, so they must be aware of it. I didnt know I was moving to florida and so didnt book when first released. I'm still paying a much higher price than people who posted early to my roll call I can see they booked balconys solo for much less than insides now cost.. but solo code works online. 

Often works for xmas but only one ship I've seen for NYE 2025. 

Saying rcl cant fix it so it doesnt work for holidays if they wanted to fix it? Or maybe these smaller ships they are not fixing it to disallow it on purpose to fill older ships. 

I think the confusion is I'm talking about something different than nelblu. I'm talking about the code works online for some holidays on smaller older ships.

A few months ago DP340 wasn't showing for fall Europe 2025 at all.  A friend was trying to book October on Voyager for 2025 and finally his agent went to resolutions and they manually entered the code on his bookings.  He was told by someone in Bayley's office it was another one of those pesky Royal IT glitches, which while often true is also a convenient excuse to toss around.  Then they told him it was fixed,  yet when I tried to book the same cruises I wasn't getting the discount.  A cynical person might think they are doing it on purpose to see if anyone notices.  But I'd never suspect that.😏

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, zebra36 said:

Looking at Nov 2025 before and after Thanksgiving and code will not apply and says invalid when entered.

I just tried several dates for utopia and code says invalid. Idk if it's the ship, or too short of a cruise.  Later in 2025 ..from sept on. Dates after sept 15 dont work. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I just tried several dates for utopia and code says invalid. Idk if it's the ship, or too short of a cruise.  Later in 2025 ..from sept on. Dates after sept 15 dont work. 

I am on Utopia this coming October B2B and I have discount, but my agent did those bookings on the day bookings opened for Utopia.   It does also seem that DP340 sometime works using Cruising Power for agents when it doesn't work on the RCI website.  Update:  I think the current promo of 60% off guest #2 is superceeding the DP340.

Edited by Anton
update
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Anton said:

I think the current promo of 60% off guest #2 is superceeding the DP340.

It's the same as their 30/30 sale except as a different twist.  As previously stated, this has been a problem since the restart whenever new itineraries are announced.  I'm currently on hold with a Royal Agent and it has been some 10 minutes as he's waiting for the C&A folks to calculate the discount.  Frustrating as I have to explain what the promo is all about.

Edited by nelblu

Posted (edited)
On 10/16/2023 at 12:39 PM, firefly333 said:

So I told my TA to add it as a b2b. He might have said he had to do a little tap dancing to make it work with group rates because of it being listed as a holiday. 

See here it is on rcl, then the next page where you put in the code, it took it, says applied. Then the new lower prices.. 

Why I say don't take everything as written in stone. 

Agree.  My TA told me a few days ago if Royal's booking system won't calculate the DP340 rate, he calls to see if it can be manually applied.  

Edited by pcur

Have and explorer cruise out of Miami over thanksgiving 2024 and could not get the single solo supplement code to work. Few cruises before and after this date the supplement was valid.