Our Carnival Venezia B2B - 21 days of "Fun Italian Style" (with pics) - 9/23/23

Jamman54

51 minutes ago, nybumpkin said:

I can't agree more with you about NYC, Jeff! I think we're up to about 20 NYC sailaways - mostly Carnival, with some Cunard and Norwegian in the mix. I never get tired of it.

I loved the Tribe live reviews - really want to see yours!

Hey Kathy! We've sailed out of NYC more than any other port, with two more on the Venezia in September. It never gets old! 😎

• Like 3

So happy I found your review!  I've just started.  I haven't been on CC since right after the Covid shutdown and have been doing a lot of walking in our neighborhood (it's pretty large) and doing 5K's which keep me motivated to keep walking.  I don't want to sit and rust, as a good friend's mom puts it.  LOL!!!  We finally cruised again this past October on Panorama, the 8 day out of Long Beach.  I was on CC twice a few months prior, briefly, looking in the Ports of Call section for things to do in La Paz (not much info).  I just happened to get on here again the other day seeing if anyone knew if ship ornaments for Panorama actually exist.  I wasn't able to get one on our cruise, they didn't have any.  Checking Ebay practically ever day since our cruise, I've never seen one for Panorama (or Vista & Horizon, all Vista Class ships). While doing the search, I saw Mitsugirly's post asking about the Panorama/same itinerary we just did & saw Deladane has a review of Panorama, same itinerary.  Just browsing through, I found yours!  So glad, I always enjoyed your reviews and looked forward to them and really looking forward to this one (just started).  We haven't been on a cruise since our last Liberty cruise out of San Juan in 2015!  We have been on other vacations, just not cruises.  We had two that were canceled due to Covid but have been on other vacations, so we haven't been deprived. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 1:46 PM, Crusin Karen said:

Oh!!!! Haven’t been on CC in a few days. Was just wondering if you were still on Venezia and I found your review. I am SO EXCITED for this!     👍👏🤗👍👏🤗 Great you booked another cruise on her; I’ll be on January 8 day, March 11 day and May 11 day. Wish at least ONE of them was same cruise as yours! 😥 YEA for you and Patti! 😎

Hi Karen!  It's been a while - so happy to see you here too!  We haven't cruised since our 2015 Liberty cruise out of San Juan (land vacations instead & the Covid shutdown).  I haven't been on CC since shortly after the 2020 shutdown.  Been keeping myself active and spending a lot less time on the computer but looks like I'm getting addicted to CC again.  So happy to find Jamman54's review and so happy to see you and a few others I feel I know too! 

• Like 1

Hi Holly! Good to see you posting again! 👏👍I’m still loving the Liberty! I had just been thinking of your Google earth pictures! Last cruise pre Covid was magic. Loved her so booked for last June but was switched to Venezia. Just cruised her for 2nd time 1/6-1/14 and I’m booked on 3 more. Not in a position to cruise from anywhere except home port now so Venezia will be my home away from home! I am looking into NCL escape winter ‘25 so we’ll see! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pghsteelerfan said:

So happy I found your review!  I've just started.  I haven't been on CC since right after the Covid shutdown and have been doing a lot of walking in our neighborhood (it's pretty large) and doing 5K's which keep me motivated to keep walking.  I don't want to sit and rust, as a good friend's mom puts it.  LOL!!!  We finally cruised again this past October on Panorama, the 8 day out of Long Beach.  I was on CC twice a few months prior, briefly, looking in the Ports of Call section for things to do in La Paz (not much info).  I just happened to get on here again the other day seeing if anyone knew if ship ornaments for Panorama actually exist.  I wasn't able to get one on our cruise, they didn't have any.  Checking Ebay practically ever day since our cruise, I've never seen one for Panorama (or Vista & Horizon, all Vista Class ships). While doing the search, I saw Mitsugirly's post asking about the Panorama/same itinerary we just did & saw Deladane has a review of Panorama, same itinerary.  Just browsing through, I found yours!  So glad, I always enjoyed your reviews and looked forward to them and really looking forward to this one (just started).  We haven't been on a cruise since our last Liberty cruise out of San Juan in 2015!  We have been on other vacations, just not cruises.  We had two that were canceled due to Covid but have been on other vacations, so we haven't been deprived. 

Hey Holly! So great to see you posting here again. We've missed you! We've cruised quite a bit post Covid,  so you have quite a bit to catch up on. We just got back from the Celebration so another review will be going up shortly. Good to see you're dipping your toes back into cruising. Do you have any more planned? 😃

• Like 1

On 1/26/2024 at 4:04 AM, Jamman54 said:

Thanks for reading! Everyone should cruise from New York at least once, though some may beg to differ. The sail away from there is second to none! The Tribe cruise review will be going up next week. Stay tuned! :classic_cool:

20 hours ago, nybumpkin said:

I can't agree more with you about NYC, Jeff! I think we're up to about 20 NYC sailaways - mostly Carnival, with some Cunard and Norwegian in the mix. I never get tired of it.

I loved the Tribe live reviews - really want to see yours!

Here's a third vote for sailing from Manhattan... along with NOLA and Venice, Italy it's one of my favorite sail-away's.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey Holly! So great to see you posting here again. We've missed you! We've cruised quite a bit post Covid,  so you have quite a bit to catch up on. We just got back from the Celebration so another review will be going up shortly. Good to see you're dipping your toes back into cruising. Do you have any more planned? 😃

I've missed everyone here too!  I was thrilled the other day when I hopped on and saw a lot of familiar names.  This was our first cruise since Covid.  We were booked on Magic in May 2020 (out of Miami to HMC, GT, Aruba, & Curacao), which obviously was canceled.  We also had the Fascination booked out of San Juan for Oct/Nov. 2021 which was also canceled, not directly due to Covid but because Fascination was sold.  We took the full refund for Magic and got vouchers for the airfare which we needed to use by end of 2022, but that summer United extended that to the end of 2023.  Shortly after the Fascination cruise was canceled, I found the Panorama 8-day that included La Paz and booked that in May 2021.  We currently have no cruises booked but our normal habit is booking cruises 3 months (or less) from the sail date.  We want to go on one that goes down to Arbua/Curacao but now I'd really love to to the Panorama again.  They will be offering more 8-days cruises that include La Paz regularly in 2025.  We didn't get to Puerto Vallarta but did end up with an extra half day in Cabo due to a hurricane.  Just wish Carnival would put another ship down in San Juan to do that itinerary again at some point - that was our favorite. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 12:12 PM, Jamman54 said:

The early bird gets the people-less pictures! 😁

Exactly!!!  🙂  Tried to "like" the post but that doesn't seem to be working at the moment.  Really enjoying your review and Patti's pictures!  I'll be entertained for a while.  🙂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Hi Holly! Good to see you posting again! 👏👍I’m still loving the Liberty! I had just been thinking of your Google earth pictures! Last cruise pre Covid was magic. Loved her so booked for last June but was switched to Venezia. Just cruised her for 2nd time 1/6-1/14 and I’m booked on 3 more. Not in a position to cruise from anywhere except home port now so Venezia will be my home away from home! I am looking into NCL escape winter ‘25 so we’ll see! 

It's definitely been a while!  We were on Panorama out of Long Beach, CA, this past October for 8-day Mexican Riviera with the bonus stop in La Paz.  Loved it but didn't do a review.  We had two cruises booked that ended up cancelled.  May 2020 on Magic and Oct/Nov. 2021 on Fascination out of San Juan.  Booked Panorama in May 2021, shortly after the Fascination cruise was canceled, and it was here before we knew it and I had nothing planned!  LOL!!!  We loved it and loved Panorama, although larger ship with 2x as many passengers as we're used to but the layout of Panorama was done really well so it never felt crowded.  And now seeing Jamman54's review of Venezia, it is definitely the same layout with a few differences in style mainly and the closed in Lido pool.  Is your email still the same one you had when we were last corresponding?  If not, mine is dgieh at comcast dot net.  🙂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Jamman, I’ve been checking for your review and Patti’s pictures. But I must warn you: if you had started it on playoff Sunday I would have driven to somerset and smacked you! 😠😊🏈🍻

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Crusin Karen said:

Jamman, I’ve been checking for your review and Patti’s pictures. But I must warn you: if you had started it on playoff Sunday I would have driven to somerset and smacked you! 😠😊🏈🍻

I did do some background work before leaving to drink beer and watch the first game with friends. Shooting for Wednesday. 😃

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

I did do some background work before leaving to drink beer and watch the first game with friends. Shooting for Wednesday. 😃

Yay! I’ve been waiting for this one. Kinda feeling a bit stalkerish. This review should be epic! Can’t wait to virtually cruise with you and Patti again!

Sharon

• Thanks 1

Oh wow I loved reading this entire review, I was actually on your 15 day sailing on the Venezia, embarkation day rained so heavily and then when it come to getting off the and it was raining again I remember thinking not again! haha but it was not so bad on debarkation day. 

Thank you for sharing I cannot wait to read more cruise reviews from you and your talented wife, amazing photos! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liverpoollovely said:

Oh wow I loved reading this entire review, I was actually on your 15 day sailing on the Venezia, embarkation day rained so heavily and then when it come to getting off the and it was raining again I remember thinking not again! haha but it was not so bad on debarkation day. 

Thank you for sharing I cannot wait to read more cruise reviews from you and your talented wife, amazing photos! 

Cool! Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed the cruise as much as we did. Did you see yourself in any of our pictures? :classic_cool:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Cool! Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed the cruise as much as we did. Did you see yourself in any of our pictures? :classic_cool:

I did not see my family or I on any photos however you were opposite from where I was sitting at the Boatyard. 

We loved the Venezia so much we are going on her again soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WeBeCruisinMon said:

Cruising on the journeys cruise in a week and looking to book excursions… did the ship change time to match local island time on the cruise? Or were you on ship time the entire cruise? Thanks!!

We remained on ships time the whole cruise. 😎

On 10/17/2023 at 6:19 PM, Jamman54 said:

Our luggage had arrived so we both unpacked. I was going to relax in the cabin until sail away, but Patti was on the move to continue her picture tour! This is some of the Venetian artwork in our elevator lobby. The eyes behind the masks looked kind of creepy!

IMG_5361-XL.jpg

Patti heads up to the Cloud 9 Spa and Fitness Center on Deck 12 Forward…..

IMG_5363-XL.jpg

IMG_5364-XL.jpg

IMG_5365-XL.jpg

IMG_5366-XL.jpg

IMG_5367-XL.jpg

IMG_5368-XL.jpg

IMG_5369-XL.jpg

IMG_5370-XL.jpg

This is the Relaxation Room……

IMG_5362-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Ohhhhh so thats what a Gym looks like.....

• Haha 2

On 10/18/2023 at 4:54 PM, Jamman54 said:

Bonsai Sushi is right across from the Amari Bar. We will be eating here later tonight…..

IMG_5487-XL.jpg

IMG_5490-XL.jpg

IMG_5489-XL.jpg

IMG_5488-XL.jpg

The Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse is also next to the Amari Bar, but we’ll get back to that later. Next up is Bonsai Tappanyaki……

IMG_5492-XL.jpg

IMG_5493-XL.jpg

IMG_5494-XL.jpg

Across the way is Piano Bar 88. The Piano Bar Player for both cruises is Misso…..

IMG_5495-XL.jpg

IMG_5496-XL.jpg

IMG_5497-XL.jpg

The Quora String Trio performs in the Piazza San Marco…..

IMG_5499-XL.jpg

IMG_5500-XL.jpg

IMG_5503-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

These guys are excellent.  They were on the Celebration TA and man could they play Queen.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 3:30 PM, Jamman54 said:

The Warehouse Arcade is also up here…..

IMG_5959-XL.jpg

IMG_5960-XL.jpg

IMG_5961-XL.jpg

It’s strange looking up at the funnel and there is no whale tail…..

IMG_5958-XL.jpg

IMG_5967-XL.jpg

Patti heads further aft and finds the Sports Court and some exercise equipment…..

IMG_5969-XL.jpg

IMG_5971-XL.jpg

Patti heads down to Deck 11 where she finds plenty of seating above the Burano Pool area. On the starboard side is the smoking section…..

IMG_5972-XL.jpg

IMG_5973-XL.jpg

IMG_5979-XL.jpg

IMG_5978-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Thank you, my husband asks me to scope out his smoking area before we board. We will be on 15FWD Portside for B2B 14 days.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Wpooh1968 said:

Thank you, my husband asks me to scope out his smoking area before we board. We will be on 15FWD Portside for B2B 14 days.

No problem. Enjoy your cruises! 😃

On 11/4/2023 at 4:14 PM, Jamman54 said:

We are approaching the Cruise Terminal in Oranjestad, Aruba…..

IMG_8243-XL.jpg

IMG_8251-XL.jpg

The Venezia is getting a water cannon salute…..

IMG_8247-XL.jpg

IMG_8249-XL.jpg

IMG_8250-XL.jpg

We are sailing past the Church of Scientology’s Freewinds, which spends most of its time here in Aruba…..

IMG_8252-XL.jpg

IMG_8258-XL.jpg

IMG_8268-XL.jpg

IMG_8270-XL.jpg

We are now docking at the Cruise Terminal here in Oranjestad, Aruba. Captain Crescenzo has gotten us here an hour early…..

IMG_8273-XL.jpg

IMG_8274-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

I've never actually seen people walking about the Scientology ship. 

• Like 1