Queen Anne

Minnie29

28 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I don't think it will help much. The space is awfully narrow, so the strollers will still have to squish against a wall to get out of the way. Perhaps the narrowness of it will drive the runners to the machinery in the exercise area. 

The pictures of QA's "promenade" deck look worse than I remember Koningsdam being. I wonder if the extra length has made the narrowest parts longer.

But at least one would have less of a stiff neck.

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I wonder if this one way system is actually sensible. It means joggers are constantly getting stuck behind amblers like me, who can’t easily see them. To avoid stiff necks and possible collisions, it would be better if joggers went one way, and strollers the other, so each could see the other coming and take suitable action, don’t you think?

I always go against the main flow of strollers when jogging/power walking, otherwise you are constantly saying excuse me, and waiting for people to  hear you or bother to react. Or worse you think you can easily pass on one side or other and they suddenly veer across your path

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

I always go against the main flow of strollers when jogging/power walking, otherwise you are constantly saying excuse me, and waiting for people to  hear you or bother to react. Or worse you think you can easily pass on one side or other and they suddenly veer across your path

I'm a law abiding passenger but am starting to see the logic of your post.

I might have to join the  roscoe39  gang!

• Like 1

This is where the marked jogging track on the upper open deck on the Constellation was so nice. Great views, bags of room to not get in people's way, and left the wide promenade deck free for those meandering, sitting or playing shuffleboard etc. 

• Like 2

We wouldn't be put off by any of the decor or facilities we've seen so far. We won't be on it simply because it's not a liner offering crossings.

But in the unlikely event that QM2 gets a completely new style whilst in for it's overhaul in 2026, we'd have no complaints. As long as we have dance floors and music, we'll be happy.

Another vote here for runners/joggers following an opposite direction to strollers.

But we're probably safer on the gym treadmills.

When we run on the prom here there are segments where the marked cycle lanes and the pedestrian section are divided by tree beds, bench seats and automated public toilets. It's much easier to pass folk we're facing rather than overtaking. We're often forced to take the cycle track, we're going faster than 10km/h, which is supposedly the speed limit for cyclists 😀.

1 hour ago, King Amo said:

This is where the marked jogging track on the upper open deck on the Constellation was so nice. Great views, bags of room to not get in people's way, and left the wide promenade deck free for those meandering, sitting or playing shuffleboard etc. 

The HAL Pinnacles have a jogging track on the top deck. It's around the Pavillion roof. But on QA, there isn't a clear way around because of the Wellness Studio. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, david,Mississauga said:

traditional

Cunard turned that word upside-down as we know it for QA - still up for interpretation. 

Edited by NE John
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Somebody asked about staff from other queens on QA, in the video above thought i spotted Dorothy from QV Britannia restaurant serving afternoon tea. 🙂

A friend onboard told me Joy is the Concierge in the Grills. If it's QV's Joy, she really is, a joy. 🙂

• Like 2

22 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Concerning the promenade, I've seen a sign posted elsewhere with the following information.

PROMENADE DECK

2.5 Laps = 1 Mile

Jogging permitted

8.00am - 8.00pm

<<<

We recommend following a

clockwise circuit when using the

Promenade Deck to exercise

I suspect @roscoe39 may be quite pleased with this arrangement for the recommended direction of travel around the promenade on Queen Anne. 🙂

Are those on board for the maiden voyage following that recommendation to travel clockwise around the promenade?

This seems odd - it makes the Queen Anne promenade longer than the QM2's. 1 mile divided by 2.5 laps = each lap is 0.4 miles. On QM2 3 laps is 1.1 miles, so 1.1 divided by 3 is 0.367 miles.

However QM2 is a longer ship (1132 ft) vs Queen Anne (1058 ft). On QM2 the promenade doesn't quite reach the stern, but even so...

37 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

A friend onboard told me Joy is the Concierge in the Grills. If it's QV's Joy, she really is, a joy. 🙂

Does your friend have any views on the QG restaurant?

28 minutes ago, Wagtail adventures said:

This seems odd - it makes the Queen Anne promenade longer than the QM2's. 1 mile divided by 2.5 laps = each lap is 0.4 miles. On QM2 3 laps is 1.1 miles, so 1.1 divided by 3 is 0.367 miles.

However QM2 is a longer ship (1132 ft) vs Queen Anne (1058 ft). On QM2 the promenade doesn't quite reach the stern, but even so...

I think it's just a lack of precision / trying to simplify. Both ship are effectively the same, plus or minus 100 feet on the circuit, so QA could have said 3 laps = 1.1 miles and it's all lost in the rounding, There's only about 5% in it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Does your friend have any views on the QG restaurant?

They only had a peek for future reference as they could only book Britannia for this cruise, their conclusion being they preferred the PG set up which as they said, was handy as that would be what they would probably book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

I think it's just a lack of precision / trying to simplify. Both ship are effectively the same, plus or minus 100 feet on the circuit, so QA could have said 3 laps = 1.1 miles and it's all lost in the rounding, There's only about 5% in it.

Thanks for your response.  It is a 9% difference actually - and that matters when I am huffing and puffing my way around it!  Seriously though, if it is just a lack of precision that is pretty sloppy in my opinion, considering it isn't hard to give an accurate measure. For instance QM2 said 3 laps is 1.1 miles, if they were simplifying it they might have just rounded it down to 3 laps = 1 mile and I am glad they didn't.

12 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

The circuit on QA probably goes nearer the bow (the QM2 has a looong bow), and definitely goes much nearer the stern. Could easily account for the 72ft difference. 

19 hours ago, D&amp;N said:

Another vote here for runners/joggers following an opposite direction to strollers.

But we're probably safer on the gym treadmills.

When we run on the prom here there are segments where the marked cycle lanes and the pedestrian section are divided by tree beds, bench seats and automated public toilets. It's much easier to pass folk we're facing rather than overtaking. We're often forced to take the cycle track, we're going faster than 10km/h, which is supposedly the speed limit for cyclists 😀.

Interesting. Makes sense - i always thought those going the "wrong" way on QM2 were being awkward but I see why now

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Wagtail adventures said:

Thanks for your response.  It is a 9% difference actually - and that matters when I am huffing and puffing my way around it!  Seriously though, if it is just a lack of precision that is pretty sloppy in my opinion, considering it isn't hard to give an accurate measure. For instance QM2 said 3 laps is 1.1 miles, if they were simplifying it they might have just rounded it down to 3 laps = 1 mile and I am glad they didn't.

I make it 2.7% based on the stern, plus the width of the vessels.

The distance on QM2 could vary considerably depending on how you cross the aft deck, which may be affected by layout of tables, chairs and loungers.

Perhaps someone could make it a project to measure each ship's promenade deck using a GPS walking app while they are moored in port. 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

I make it 2.7% based on the stern, plus the width of the vessels.

You are also assuming that the bow in front of the circuit is the same. I expect it isn't - QM2 will have more ship in front of the promenade - the QA bow is much stubbier Quite likely QA is longer (QA below, QM2 deck plans don't shows the extent of the bow whilst showing promenade)

image.png.191c2d7ff228391f565396364948cb2a.png

Edited by buchanan101

6 minutes ago, D&amp;N said:

The distance on QM2 could vary considerably depending on how you cross the aft deck, which may be affected by layout of tables, chairs and loungers.

Perhaps someone could make it a project to measure each ship's promenade deck using a GPS walking app while they are moored in port. 

Much more fun to measure it at sea...

Pretty sure Cunard will have got it right - it's not difficult.

QM2 is longer, but has more ship behind the promenade deck at the stern and more in front at the bow

• Haha 1