Queen Anne

Minnie29

15 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

You are also assuming that the bow in front of the circuit is the same. I expect it isn't - QM2 will have more ship in front of the promenade - the QA bow is much stubbier Quite likely QA is longer (QA below, QM2 deck plans don't shows the extent of the bow whilst showing promenade)

No quite, I'm assuming the QA stern is shorter, but QM2 slightly wider. But I agree that Cunard should give both of us a free ticket to both ships with a tape measure in order to verify this most important computation. I've not included the fact that on QA one may have to do more sideway steps due to SWOT (sheer weight of traffic).

[More seriously, I think it's about the same, all things considered].

On 5/7/2024 at 2:16 AM, bluemarble said:

Concerning the promenade, I've seen a sign posted elsewhere with the following information.

PROMENADE DECK

2.5 Laps = 1 Mile

Jogging permitted

8.00am - 8.00pm

<<<

We recommend following a

clockwise circuit when using the

Promenade Deck to exercise

I suspect @roscoe39 may be quite pleased with this arrangement for the recommended direction of travel around the promenade on Queen Anne. 🙂

Are those on board for the maiden voyage following that recommendation to travel clockwise around the promenade?

OH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!      Please noooooo!

The whole point of swimming against the tide is to be able to see others coming to avoid them....don't change it now it's taken me this long to educate others!

besides what the point of rebelling now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

OH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!      Please noooooo!

The whole point of swimming against the tide is to be able to see others coming to avoid them....don't change it now it's taken me this long to educate others!

besides what the point of rebelling now?

On QM2 almost everyone was going anticlockwise..,

I get the point that maybe joggers should go one way and walkers the other (though I can walk as fast as some people jog..) but if everyone goes against the tide it’s total chaos.

3 minutes ago, rakkor said:

No, if everyone goes against the tide it's conformity - sorry for the pedantry

Ok…you are correct.  I meant if everyone does their own thing. 

2 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

On QM2 almost everyone was going anticlockwise..,

I get the point that maybe joggers should go one way and walkers the other (though I can walk as fast as some people jog..) but if everyone goes against the tide it’s total chaos.

If you walk at jogging speed, the you go round with the joggers. The gait is of limited relevance. If you were to hop fast, you would go that way too. 😀

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

If you walk at jogging speed, the you go round with the joggers. The gait is of limited relevance. If you were to hop fast, you would go that way too. 😀

*some* joggers…

very few joggers from memory on QM2 (and there’s generally lots of room on that deck); mostly a walking demographic (me included, but my excuse is years of rugby and skiing…) 

4 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

(though I can walk as fast as some people jog..)

I used to walk to pace my wife!

But her 30% weight loss has eventually turned into a 30% reduction in her per kilometre time. Now I need to jog about 10.9 km/h and listen for her feet hitting ground behind me to judge whether I can go any quicker.

At that sort of speed or more it's much safer to be on a treadmill.

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Telling would be one thing, but advice is always gratefully received. I am worried about spending a fortnight looking at the wall in the QG though. 

Yes that I can understand. Here’s to hoping you’ll have a nice window seat though! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Telling would be one thing, but advice is always gratefully received. I am worried about spending a fortnight looking at the wall in the QG though. 

or looking at your husband...

...my partner would want the wall seat and I'd be looking at her

We are "only" in PG though, so I have little sympathy for your problem... 😉

7 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

He would be willing to alternate I’m sure, but his hearing is so much improved if he has an all behind him that he would be very miserable the other way round - and I would be very miserable.

1 hour ago, buchanan101 said:

PG suites on QA look very attractive. Bathroom seems a tad smallish but we should be out and about anyway. 
Look forward to more commentary. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I will be searching for your opinions. 
I am worried about spending 81 days onboard. 
We are old school Cunarders(make that OLD)  and enjoy the laid back luxury that Cunard affords. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I'm not sure how many there are. I watched a video yesterday that showed quite a few other 2-Tops away from the wall, and one against the wall just along from those banquettes where the table was at 45° to wall and both seats pointing diagonally towards rest of restaurant.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, buchanan101 said:

I'm sure like me, you'd have the best view in the room! 🙂

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, D&amp;N said:

I'm not sure how many there are. I watched a video yesterday that showed quite a few other 2-Tops away from the wall, and one against the wall just along from those banquettes where the table was at 45° to wall and both seats pointing diagonally towards rest of restaurant.

The deck plan, which I know isn't definitive in these details, shows 15 "people" at a table facing the wall. It shows 14 or 15 regular two-tops along the windows, plus some large tables.

The lounge seems small in proportion to the two restaurants.

A simple solution to the wall view offered to those unfortunate enough to be seated facing the walls would be to replace the artworks with larger mirrors.

That would give a decent view of what was happening around the room, albeit the other diners would have their cutlery in the wrong hand. 🙂

39 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

The deck plan, which I know isn't definitive in these details, shows 15 "people" at a table facing the wall. It shows 14 or 15 regular two-tops along the windows, plus some large tables.

The lounge seems small in proportion to the two restaurants.

I don’t think we should bother about the deck plan details. For instance, QG on QE bears no remembrance to reality, and only has about 440 places.

I thought I saw a hot tub on the forward deck in the video of the ship arriving in Southampton, and it seems that the model has it (from Dom and Tom's review) and it looks like an open terrace area

Is this properly accessible (seems like Deck 5 according to ship plans, and it's only by two standard QGs). The model shows two doors lined up with the end of the main corridor.

Looks a cool place to sitimage.png.4db48850990f9afc840f56fe506658f3.pngimage.png.1c0b9dd8a41615ebe9b30fded80565c8.png

4 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

I thought I saw a hot tub on the forward deck in the video of the ship arriving in Southampton, and it seems that the model has it (from Dom and Tom's review) and it looks like an open terrace area

Is this properly accessible (seems like Deck 5 according to ship plans, and it's only by two standard QGs). The model shows two doors lined up with the end of the main corridor.

Looks a cool place to sitimage.png.4db48850990f9afc840f56fe506658f3.pngimage.png.1c0b9dd8a41615ebe9b30fded80565c8.png

This might be the Crew area.