From Somewhere in the South Pacific on Majestic Princess

startedwithamouse

Host CJSKIDS
This post was recognized by Host CJSKIDS!

"Thank you for taking the time to post from your cruise. Please think about posting a review on our review board when you return. Enjoy your sailing!"

startedwithamouse was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 10 points.

Great voyage so far, only one very rocky day, yesterday, as the sickness bags are around the ship. 

Food is the what we've come to expect on Majestic, one of the reasons we choose this ship. MDR is delicious, service is quick, and servers are friendly. We were able to secure a window table for the entire voyage, and watch the sunset each evening.  Buffet has an extensive selection for lunch, and the Indian and Filipino selections are top notch and taste like they should.  Discovery needs to take note - as their food - other than Ocean Terrace - is the worst of the fleet.

Alfredo's is a ghost town, we never see anyone in there. Ever.

Very pleased with the WiFi- easy to stream movies and use FaceTime. 

Crossing the Equator party was truly a unique experience, we enjoyed every minute of the festivities. 

Meet the Cast and backstage Princess theater tour was very informative. 

We got a new captain on the Majestic who took over at our Papeete port, Captain Steven Holland.  We also had fresh pineapple loaded among other supplies in Papeete.

Ron Goodman has been the ED for the entire voyage, replacing Kevin Tugwell, who isn't allowed to work on an Australia based ship as he now resides in Australia.

South African crew weren't allowed off the ship in French Polynesia - Moorea and Papeete stops - including our fun CD, Kristoff.  All guests passports were collected prior to French Polynesia and returned after our leaving. 

80's Deck party was very, very well attended.  The house band, Grace's Secret, is one of Princesses best.

We've done afternoon tea delivery a couple times - there's just so much better food options, that aren't carb heavy. 

Hawaiian Ambassadors are on - it seems every single thing they do is an extra fee to attend, a little off-putting.

Next is Pago Pago, where all guests needed to complete a detailed health declaration form for the American Samoa government, detailing any PAST communicable diseases, such as tuberculosis, and if they currently have symptoms of ANY illness. Lots of coughing and sneezing on the ship, we bet a lot of guests won't tell the truth on the form.

The only thing missing is our days in the sanctuary with the pampering and excellent service. 

Cyclone Lola is west of us, and we'll probably get a little of that weather.  We're expecting rain for the next few days, especially in our New Zealand ports. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

"Hawaiian Ambassadors are on - it seems every single thing they do is an extra fee to attend, a little off-putting."

Are they ELUA? On U.S. - Hawaii cruises ambassadors provide no charge uke & hula lessons as well as crafts which do have a charge. Are you saying that uke and hula instruction has a charge? Or, are they just doing crafts? 

Those pineapples brought on board in Papeete were most likely from Moorea.  Run, don’t walk, to have some whenever you see them. No other pineapples compare.

Hope the cruise continues to be wonderful. I would take a transpacific westbound cruise every year, but DH isn’t a fan of the flights home. I just love those ports. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Sounds like an amazing time so far.

I used to love when Ron Goodman was on board, always thought he was one of the best and still laugh thinking about him in his pink tutu during the crew show that they used to do.

Enjoy the rest of the sailing and I look forward to following along.

• Like 2

We'll be on in (checking calendar) 14 days 🙂, but who's counting?? Oh wait, I am! I'll be doing a semi-live starting when we leave on Air New Zealand on November 2 for our pre-cruise stay.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, jwattle said:

We'll be on in (checking calendar) 14 days 🙂, but who's counting?? Oh wait, I am! I'll be doing a semi-live starting when we leave on Air New Zealand on November 2 for our pre-cruise stay.

We’re considering flying ANZ again like back in 2009 from LAX to SYD via AKL in economy (cruised back to LA). We’re considering their premium economy in March 2025 to Brisbane & would appreciate any insights you could share about ANZ…thanks. 🙂

Edited by Astro Flyer

12 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We’re considering flying ANZ again like back in 2009 from LAX to SYD via AKL in economy (cruised back to LA). We’re considering their premium economy in March 2025 to Brisbane & would appreciate any insights you could share about ANZ…thanks. 🙂

Will do! We're currently booked Premium Economy and bid for upgrade to Premium Business, so will report back on either/both! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

Will do! We're currently booked Premium Economy and bid for upgrade to Premium Business, so will report back on either/both! 🙂

Thanks…will look here or on your semi-live.

ANZ touts their good NZ wines onboard. 🍷😋

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

I flew ANZ quite a while back with my ex-husband on a trip to Turtle Island in Fiji.  They are wonderful!  My steward told me that in part their excellent service was due to paying a living wage, where one could actually support a family on what they were paid.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks…will look here or on your semi-live.

ANZ touts their good NZ wines onboard. 🍷😋

I can confirm at this time that I will be checking in to that most thoroughly for those who would like to know...for investigative purposes only of course. 😄🥂

• Haha 4

On 10/24/2023 at 11:11 AM, skynight said:

"Hawaiian Ambassadors are on - it seems every single thing they do is an extra fee to attend, a little off-putting."

Are they ELUA? On U.S. - Hawaii cruises ambassadors provide no charge uke & hula lessons as well as crafts which do have a charge. Are you saying that uke and hula instruction has a charge? Or, are they just doing crafts? 

No, it is not us...we're at home right now. 🙂 We will be getting on the Crown next weekend though. There are never any charges for hula and ukulele...I'm pretty sure that what they are referring to is the lei making/crafting brought on by the ambassadors. We also charge for our lei making/craft classes, only because we pay out of pocket for all the materials as well as the cost of shipping and transporting them to the ship when we join. But, other than that one, there is never a charge for any of our activities, talks, performances etc.

Mahalo!

Tiki Dave.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We'll be on Majestic in Feb 2024 for a 13 day South Pacific cruise. This will be our first long flight - 15 hours from LAX - flying premium economy ANZ there and Delta home. This will also be our longest cruise. We'll be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and we booked a suite. We can't wait!! Only 108 days till we sail!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Elua said:

No, it is not us...we're at home right now. 🙂 We will be getting on the Crown next weekend though. There are never any charges for hula and ukulele...I'm pretty sure that what they are referring to is the lei making/crafting brought on by the ambassadors. We also charge for our lei making/craft classes, only because we pay out of pocket for all the materials as well as the cost of shipping and transporting them to the ship when we join. But, other than that one, there is never a charge for any of our activities, talks, performances etc.

Mahalo!

Tiki Dave.

Wish you were going to be on the Sapphire next week!!!!

BTW - The craft class charges are minimal and worth every  penny for the fun time and the cute things we made.

(You did end up costing me a fortune in yarn when I got home, though, so I could make feather leis to go with all my outfits.LOL)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Elua said:

Mahalo!

Tiki Dave.

Thank you Tiki Dave. In 2025 I'm booked b2b on the Ruby from S.F. It would be really nice if you are assigned to the Ruby for the 2024/25 season. If not, other ambassadors will do a fine job. 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2023 at 3:16 PM, Astro Flyer said:

We flew ANZ from Auckland to Vancouver last year after our transpacific, in premium economy. Best flight I ever had. I never sleep on flights but I was so comfortable I slept for at least 8 hours   The service was fantastic.  Can’t recommend it highly enough 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Thank you Tiki Dave. In 2025 I'm booked b2b on the Ruby from S.F. It would be really nice if you are assigned to the Ruby for the 2024/25 season. If not, other ambassadors will do a fine job. 

All the Hawaiian Ambassadors do an exceptional job of bringing the culture alive for our guests. Right now, we only have our assignments for this season, but as soon as we know where we'll be for the 2024-25 season, we'll let everyone know.

TD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have flown ANZ a few times long haul including Perth-Houston return and highly recommend the 787 business class. There are 18 business seats and configuration was 6 seats on the left of the plane not facing any seat but angled to middle and seats middle/right staggered towards each other. Fully flat bed really comfortable (better than our recent SQ A380 IMO). The food and wines were great and service always exceptional.

Saw Premium Economy and the chairs quite wide with semi recline - they also have sky couches (3 economy seats into sort of couch - popular with couples or families).

• Like 6

Can you clarify something for me? Is Bistro sur la Mer still on  Majestic, or has it been replaced with something else? I was really looking forward to magret de canard and will be very disappointed if it's no longer there.

Thanks

8 hours ago, Korimako said:

Can you clarify something for me? Is Bistro sur la Mer still on  Majestic, or has it been replaced with something else? I was really looking forward to magret de canard and will be very disappointed if it's no longer there.

Thanks

Sur la Mer is now Catch by Rudi on the Majestic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1