Reduction in drinks package

Irish clare

2 hours ago, booklady26 said:

I just had the same conversation about the CC discount. They would not apply it to the reduced price, not even to the "undiscounted" price of $15 pp/pd. They quoted me the same $400.80 including 20% gratuity with a 15% CC discount that I had originally had and cancelled to get the lower price. I just booked the upgrade directly in the cruise planner for $335.60 including grat but without the CC discount. It's still cheaper than what they wanted to charge me including the discount. Go figure.

Just off the phone.  I was quoted the exact same price but she said this was with my CC discount.  They have their own funny math.  Anyway, I saved about $65, its all paid with OBC, so I'm not going to complain. 

I just saw all of this and checked my cruise planner.  Our June sailing on the Equinox is showing the $13.99 rate, which is quite a bit lower than what I had paid. I called captain's club, and she was still showing the higher pricing -not sure why.  We cancelled my original purchase and I'll go back on line to do the upgrade.  I'll probably call CC later anyway to see how they will handle the elite discount.    Looks like internet upgrades are down, too. 

12 hours ago, tschwa2 said:

The overall drink packages are listed lower as well.  The regular price for the premium package is showing as $87.99 pppd and the classic at $72.99 pppd.

celebrity drink.PNG

That's interesting.  I noticed that mine had dropped as well, but for my upcoming cruise, Classic is $67.99 ($53.99 with the standard 20% off discount) and premium is $82.99 ($65.99 with discount).  Of course, the zero proof I want is still holding steady at $26.99/day!

3 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

The RC and Celebrity websites are not working for me today.  I was able to score the $13.99 drink package upgrade via the app this morning.  Even with my Elite 15% discount on my July 4th purchase, I'm still saving approximately $60....thank you! 

The website won’t let me log in after cancelling the upgrade. If booked through the app can I use my OBC? 

28 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

The website won’t let me log in after cancelling the upgrade. If booked through the app can I use my OBC? 

So sorry, I don't know.  The website is back up and I was able to cancel my previous purchase.  Hope it works for you!

Definitely better, at least as of now, to do this w/o the CC discount.  I just called - the price with the pre-cruise savings is $13.99/day; without it is 15.00/day.  When I asked about using the CC elite discount, which she said was 15%, the numbers suddenly changed to the $20/day range.  I'm not sure how she was doing her math or where the numbers came from, but I went with the 13.99/day, which saved us about $60 on our drink upgrade.  I was also able to do the internet upgrade for one device which, according to her math, was less than what was identified on line.  No argument on that.  

• Thanks 1

Just upgraded to premium for our 5 upcoming cruises at the $13.99 plus 20% grats.  Turned out to be cheaper with the sale price than with our Elite Plus discount, which comes off the full upgrade price.

Edited by capsplace

18 minutes ago, mdcelebrity said:

Just saw $6.99pppd upgrade (plus grat.) from Standard to Premium Drink Package for our cruise (Beyond, 29Jan2024).  Can that be right?

It lists $15 as the normal price.

I booked the $13.99 yesterday but saw the $6.99 today so I just canceled and rebooked. Great price!!! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Irish clare said:

Hey, i had the upgrade for premium drinks package in my basket on the Celebrity portal .. the upgrade was showing €22 per day .. just checked now and its been reduced to €16 per day .. a saving €60 for my Christmas Cruise 

I am based in Ireland ... you might want to check if you are considering it 

Many thanks to you & others for posting this info, got the upgrade for $6.99 usd!

I’m so excited!

Thanks for the heads up!  I just upgraded us for 9.59 CDN per person per day for 2 upcoming cruises.  Regular price states it is 20.54.  I am sure it was around $26.00 a few weeks ago.  Great to see prices dropping 🙂  

Normally we just stick with the classic package and pay the difference for more expensive drinks.   

35 minutes ago, mdcelebrity said:

Just saw $6.99pppd upgrade (plus grat.) from Standard to Premium Drink Package for our cruise (Beyond, 29Jan2024).  Can that be right?

Thank you! I just rebooked and saved $100. 

Same here.  Had rebooked two cruises this morning at the "lower rate".  Just cancelled both on line and rebooked at the $6.99 rate.  No need to sit on hold with Captains Club as I am sure they can't match this price. 

• Like 2

Geesh!  Just cancelled and rebooked 4 out of 5 upgrades and saved $722!  The "holiday" cruise over Christmas and NYE 2024/2025 still showing $13.99 for the upgrade.  I'll keep checking.

Thanks everyone for the headsup!!!!!

Edited by capsplace

Yes, thanks so much everyone, I would not have thought to look again so soon!  I just cancelled the upgrade I booked yesterday for the even better discount and saved nearly $400.  The new price shows on the website as a 53% discount.  Very happy as I didn't think they would discount the upgrade so highly.  😁  Looking forward to the Martini bar 🍹 🧉

1 hour ago, mdcelebrity said:

I, too, was just able to upgrade from our included Classic pkg. to Premium on two of our upcoming cruises (Silhouette 1/15/24 and Eclipse 10/11/24) for $6.99 pp per day, plus gratuities.  🙂