10-25-23 World Pasta day. Giovanni's on sale 25-35% off

Was waiting for Black Friday because I was on the fence booking Giovanni's for our June Bermuda cruise on the Liberty.  Giovanni's table for Lunch is now 35% off and Dinner 25% for our particular cruise, so $13.99 +grat for lunch and $35.99 +grat for dinner.  Just FYI in case you were looking at Giovanni's.  A nice little savings for our group of 6.

Not sure if they are doing the same for Jamie's, as it's not on our ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Strangely it's for sale on all my Allure sailings $15.99 lunch and I think $39.99 for dinner but not on my Wonder sailings.  No sales there

Interesting indeed.

Also, a question for those that may regularly eat at Giovanni's for lunch.  I see they still list the filet mignon on the sample lunch menu.  Is that still accurate or has it been removed for cost cutting?  Typically we've booked Chop's lunch in order to get the filet, but if it's truly offered at Giovanni's still, that won't be necessary.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Was waiting for Black Friday because I was on the fence booking Giovanni's for our June Bermuda cruise on the Liberty.  Giovanni's table for Lunch is now 35% off and Dinner 25% for our particular cruise, so $13.99 +grat for lunch and $35.99 +grat for dinner.  Just FYI in case you were looking at Giovanni's.  A nice little savings for our group of 6.

Not sure if they are doing the same for Jamie's, as it's not on our ship.

Got the same notice for Jamie's on Anthem being "up to 35% off". In the planner it's showing 35% off for lunch and 25% off for dinner.

I see Giovanni's table on my upcoming April Odyssey cruise is 35% off for lunch today too, but only 10% off for dinner.

• Like 1

It is only offering Giovanni's lunch on Day 2 of my 5 night cruise. Chops lunch is available 1,2 & 5.

Just a note, on a recent cruise, everyone was complaining about Chop's on Liberty.

Edited by marci22
  • Like 1

Thanks for the heads up - out of all my upcoming cruises the offer was only available on Grandeur! £14.51 for a 3 course lunch!

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Also, a question for those that may regularly eat at Giovanni's for lunch.  I see they still list the filet mignon on the sample lunch menu.  Is that still accurate or has it been removed for cost cutting?  Typically we've booked Chop's lunch in order to get the filet, but if it's truly offered at Giovanni's still, that won't be necessary.

I got a Fillet on Serenade for lunch last month and it was lovely! 🍽️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, marci22 said:

It is only offering Giovanni's lunch on Day 2 of my 5 night cruise. Chops lunch is available 1,2 & 5.

Just a note, on a recent cruise, everyone was complaining about Chop's on Liberty.

Same here, only day 2, but that's o.k.  My parents are with us this cruise and they've never done a specialty lunch or dinner.  I booked both (Dinner day 4).  We may cancel one later when we decide which option works best.

I wish they offered lunch more days.  Day two is the first formal night with the Taste of France menu.  Love the beef tenderloin that evening, so it might be weird if someone gets the filet for lunch and then turn around to have the same cut (although prepared differently) for dinner.  Oh well. lots of options on the lunch menu.

Thanks for the heads up on Giovanni's on the Liberty. Hopefully they get things resolved by June.  🙂

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Same here, only day 2, but that's o.k.

I wish they offered lunch more days.  Day two is the first formal night with the Taste of France menu.  Love the beef tenderloin that evening, so it might be weird if someone gets the filet for lunch and then turn around to have the same cut (although prepared differently) for dinner

If you're on the June 1 sailing, I think there is a wedding happening. So maybe that group has lunch reserved one or two days. And people were complaining about Chops, not Giovanni's. People were liking Giovanni's.

Edited by marci22
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, marci22 said:

If you're on the June 1 sailing, I think there is a wedding happening. So maybe that group has lunch reserved one or two days. And people were complaining about Chops, not Giovanni's. People were liking Giovanni's.

Thanks!  I misread your comment. LOL  My mind jumped to Giovanni's rather than Chops. 

We're on the June 6 sailing.  

Question for those that cancelled and rebooked...

Were the identical times available that you had before?  Just wondering if Royal immediately frees up those slots and you can rebook them.  I've worried that if I cancelled, and then tried to rebook, the timeslot I want would be gone.  We're typically parties of 5 or more so the timeslots are limited and I would hate to miss out if trying to rebook.  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Were the identical times available that you had before?  Just wondering if Royal immediately frees up those slots and you can rebook them.  I've worried that if I cancelled, and then tried to rebook, the timeslot I want would be gone.  We're typically parties of 5 or more so the timeslots are limited and I would hate to miss out if trying to rebook.  Thanks!

Mine was

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Mine was

Mine was too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

We decided to ring up and cancel and rebook as that was precisely the thing we were concerned about. We go the same time slot.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marci22 said:

I just booked Jamie's boarding day lunch on Symphony for $13.99pp. @marci22 check the app - I tried first via the planner on the website and it wasn't available, but when I checked the app, I found day 1 lunch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

I just booked Jamie's boarding day lunch on Symphony for $13.99pp. @marci22 check the app - I tried first via the planner on the website and it wasn't available, but when I checked the app, I found day 1 lunch. 

I tried the app and it is showing that Giovanni's Table is being used for Taste of Royal Lunch on day 5. Then it's weirdly showing no lunch on Day 2 although I can book that online.

16 minutes ago, marci22 said:

I tried the app and it is showing that Giovanni's Table is being used for Taste of Royal Lunch on day 5. Then it's weirdly showing no lunch on Day 2 although I can book that online.

Aha! Sorry...

A

15 minutes ago, travelchica915 said:

Has anyone eaten at Jamie’s before? We will be on Harmony in Feb and considering booking a dinner one night at the reduced price. Just wondering if it’s worth the up charge from eating in the MDR. 

At this price it is definitely worth it. 😉 

• Thanks 1