Alcohol on board

snaver

5 hours ago, AlanCruise said:

It has been suggested that if you really want to get more alcohol on board you put 1 litre in your suitcase and 1 litre in hand luggage. They will go through security in separate places and they are not going to connect the two bottles to the same person.  (No guarantees given of this working!)

😂 can anyone confirm/deny?

On our recent Arvia cruise we were able to bring alcohol back on board from the resort. There was no honesty table and we were not challenged by anyone. Think this might depend on the ship as Arvia is massive and all they want to do is get everyone back onboard. No problems at security either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

On our recent Arvia cruise we were able to bring alcohol back on board from the resort. There was no honesty table and we were not challenged by anyone. Think this might depend on the ship as Arvia is massive and all they want to do is get everyone back onboard. No problems at security either.

Have not seen checks for alcohol coming on at ports on any of my cruises this year. Think they have given up on this as nobody was declaring it! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, amurray88 said:

We take a couple of bottles when we board and some cokes. If we are getting short we get a bit more at the next port. Sometimes they have an honesty table, sometimes they don't. When they do, there is normally not much on it. I wouldn't bother too much.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We take a couple of bottles when we board and some cokes. If we are getting short we get a bit more at the next port. Sometimes they have an honesty table, sometimes they don't. When they do, there is normally not much on it. I wouldn't bother too much.

You take additional bottles on during the cruise?😍

34 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

You take additional bottles on during the cruise?😍

Its a chance you take, sometimes they take it off you and give it back at the end of the cruise sometimes they don't bother. Either way its cheaper in port than from duty free on the ship.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, amurray88 said:

Well I do have a little experience here , probably about 15 years worth 😂 from the pictures below I have used these carriers for 15 or more years and I have not had 1 breakage, I take my bottles on in my checked luggage and hand luggage because they are not connected to each other going through security 😄 normally I take two on each large suitcase and 1 in small case, they are very reliable, the double sealed ones pack flat  in my case if I’m buying specific wine abroad , plenty to look at on amazon that’s where I got mine from, hope this answers your query 😉

Edited by Purdey16
Wrong photo
  • Haha 1

Sorry to change the subject back to alcohol but depending on what you drink it may be cheaper to buy it on board!

We drink Jamesons Irish falling over water,a litre is currently normally £33 in our local supermarkets,sometimes down to £25,when we were on Arcadia in May we could ring room service & get one delivered to our cabin for £20!! 

• Like 1

I was told on Iona earlier this year that they no longer check on you bringing a bottle aboard from ports. Apparently the reasons are shortage of staff, hassle from guests and the fact that returns on the last day are just too much trouble with bottles being stolen and compensation claims. I brought local wine or spirits onboard at 2 ports with no trouble. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Sorry to change the subject back to alcohol but depending on what you drink it may be cheaper to buy it on board!

We drink Jamesons Irish falling over water,a litre is currently normally £33 in our local supermarkets,sometimes down to £25,when we were on Arcadia in May we could ring room service & get one delivered to our cabin for £20!! 

That is our usual tactic. It gets even cheaper if you have loyalty club discount or lots of OBC. In fact, a few years ago, a litre of Courvoisier Brandy was cheaper bought through room service than at the ship’s own duty free shop. 

• Like 1

On our last 65 night cruise the duty free shop on board had an offer of two one  litre bottles of whiskey and vodka for £35 at the start of the cruise which you could consume on board , and if I remember repeated the offer two thirds of the way through. I  cant remember if  Gin had offers on 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

On our last 65 night cruise the duty free shop on board had an offer of two one  litre bottles of whiskey and vodka for £35 at the start of the cruise which you could consume on board , and if I remember repeated the offer two thirds of the way through. I  cant remember if  Gin had offers on 

We had the same offers on our 40 night Caribbean cruise, gin was on that offer as mrs YP got two litre bottles of Bramalls pink gin for £23 for two.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Yes I buy brandy from room service or the shop. However, getting a bottle of something local is what I also like to do. It's good that there's no hassle now.

• Like 1