Black Friday Sale maybe?

latebuyer

12 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Just wondering if Norwegian has a black friday sale? I booked a cruise and i'd like to change dates, but now i assume i would have to pay the higher price on the new date. So, hoping prices drop even a little.

The Black Friday sale will look similar to the current promotion. NCL really doesn't do that much. Maybe the 35% off goes to a BOGO (which is a slight cost savings). But don't get your hopes up for something drastic. 

• Like 2

Like Bird said, don't get your hopes up too high.  That said, last year they shifted it just as a cruise we were looking at dropped in price slightly. The two benefits added up and convinced us to bump up our cabin.  Now that I think of it, they probably made more money off of us...

don't know about black friday sales.  I keep checking the prices on a cruise I booked about 18 months ago ( sailing Jan 2024).  The price increased 1,000 per person.  When I look at comparable 90 day out discounts, it's the same price of what I paid almost 18 months ago.  seems like its cheaper when the new itineraries come out, than waiting for big discounts.  Just my experience. 

NCL hasn't had a "meaningful" black friday sale for many years IMHO, despite what some people seem to think - because they might change the % or the 2nd person is free.  They are just rotating their marketing strategy at the same time they reconfigure base pricing. When they finally went back to 35% from 50% last year, some of my cruise prices actually went down.

I do seem to recall a 10% BF special about 5 years ago.

But I would watch for additional latitudes points and/or a "DoubleUp" promos.

The BF sale last year was the 50% off pp.  The cruise I had been watching had been 35% off base price.  With the BF sale, the base price did not change and the 50% discount ended up being a savings of around $200 pp.  We booked a Club Balcony on the Bliss…which sets sail in 9 days.  Over the past year, that same cabin has gone from to what we paid up to almost double.  In the last 90 days it dropped to $200 less than what we paid, but was for a guarantee cabin.  Moral of the story:  you really can’t tell with pricing and sales, so book something you are happy with.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

The BF sale last year was the 50% off pp.  The cruise I had been watching had been 35% off base price.  With the BF sale, the base price did not change and the 50% discount ended up being a savings of around $200 pp.  We booked a Club Balcony on the Bliss…which sets sail in 9 days.  Over the past year, that same cabin has gone from to what we paid up to almost double.  In the last 90 days it dropped to $200 less than what we paid, but was for a guarantee cabin.  Moral of the story:  you really can’t tell with pricing and sales, so book something you are happy with.

Yes, last year on Black Friday the sale was 50% off, However, it was already at 50% before BF, stayed there at least into January, had been 40% prior to that, and was 35% before that.  What I am saying is that there usually isn't anything special for BF. But if you happen to check, thinking it's a great deal, you might see a price change and chalk it up to a BF sale.

I had a cruise booked at 35%, way back in 2021. Price has changed several times, sometimes up. sometimes down.  At one time, I did reprice during their 50% off promo, but it was in January.  Now that pricing is back to 35% and a year later, my price has dropped by almost 50% from my original booking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vacation44 said:

I am hoping for a triple up promotion again!    

I'd like to see that too, but based on the current Latitudes "Past guest cruise offers"  they'll only be offering it for cruises in December 2023.  I've been checking all year and haven't seen a single 2024 cruise listed for extra latitudes points.   Right now there's only the 8 south pacific cruises listed.

• Like 1

Our CAS representative seems to think we can get a good BF deal. We're considering an upgrade category and she thinks she can get us a better price on it then. 

No idea....I generally agree that all the sales are all 6 of one half a dozen of the other. But we'll take her advice and wait until then to decide if we're making a change. 

Since the restart, when “sales” were plentiful and there were really great bargains across all cruise lines, pricing has been relatively static.  Fares may fluctuate $100, maybe $200 on a higher end cabin, but mostly the “sales” are more marketing hype than anything else.

I think the EU may have a sale on FAS on occasion, but I believe NCL raises the price of fares with FAS to compensate.

Black Friday?  If occupancy rates are strong (which they usually are over the holidays), Black Friday will be more of the same, just with a different name.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Since the restart, when “sales” were plentiful and there were really great bargains across all cruise lines, pricing has been relatively static.  Fares may fluctuate $100, maybe $200 on a higher end cabin, but mostly the “sales” are more marketing hype than anything else.

I think the EU may have a sale on FAS on occasion, but I believe NCL raises the price of fares with FAS to compensate.

Black Friday?  If occupancy rates are strong (which they usually are over the holidays), Black Friday will be more of the same, just with a different name.

Just to note:

My January 15 day cruise dropped $600 (Club Balcony) about 5 months before final payment.

25 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Just to note:

My January 15 day cruise dropped $600 (Club Balcony) about 5 months before final payment.

As mentioned, occupancy rates must have been lagging.  Nice find.  Be curious whether fares continued to drop. because of a glut of availability?

I've not found much difference in any alleged Black Friday "sales", though.

January is a slow month past the New Year's hoopla.  I'm looking at  Jan/Feb cruises now.  Prices are really good.  No special "sales" other than what NCL always runs.  

Side note, I found a Celebrity Cruise that had a price drop of over $2K a couple of years, ago.  Best I ever found.

Edited by graphicguy

43 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

As mentioned, occupancy rates must have been lagging.  Nice find.  Be curious whether fares continued to drop. because of a glut of availability?

I've not found much difference in any alleged Black Friday "sales", though.

January is a slow month past the New Year's hoopla.  I'm looking at  Jan/Feb cruises now.  Prices are really good.  No special "sales" other than what NCL always runs.  

Side note, I found a Celebrity Cruise that had a price drop of over $2K a couple of years, ago.  Best I ever found.

Correction to my previous post - should have said 5 months before sail date.

I was already booked a month or so prior. Did a cancel/rebook to get the price drop (except I lost an NCL $200 OBC) so I saved only $400 net.

Still, not to shabby.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

As mentioned, occupancy rates must have been lagging ... 've not found much difference in any alleged Black Friday "sales", though.  January is a slow month past the New Year's hoopla.  I'm looking at  Jan/Feb cruises now.  Prices are really good.  No special "sales" other than what NCL always runs.  

There ya go.  Joy is relocating again for more dry dock work (record-shattering within NCL's fleet for the "most" frequently dry docking) with amazing prices for those that appreciate sea days, don't mind wave riding across the Atlantic and don't mind the absence of production shows in the main theater (live games do not count, at least for us)

Coupled that with solo offers, TA incentives and rebates (free "grats") and maybe a bit of extra OBC, toss in maybe "possible" CruiseNext DoubleUp offer (strictly "speculation" now as incentive to fill the ship(s) during the winter months - possible deals ahead, just wildly guessing ... I know that 2 of our CC friends just booked a last minute deal for early December.  Flying to/from FL ports in mid Winter, that's the art of fine "gambling" against mother nature - DW respectfully declined to risk being stranded for 2 nights at/near an away-from-home airport's cold floor with El Nino ... 

NCL's Q3 financials coming out next week, maybe that'll motivate marketing & finance to do a little extra, doubtful, however. 

• Like 1

my experience is the 'sale of the day' (30% off, 50% off, 2:1, etc) is basically click bait.

Prices for cruises I've tracked (and booked) over the years have gone up, gone down or remained the same, regardless and independent of the 'sale of the day' language.

Bottom line pricing can change on any day, presumably based on algorithms that track demand, booking volume, other cruise activity, and a 1,000 other factors.

I check a cruise I'm interested in (or have booked) regularly. If price goes down and hits a level that works for me, I book (or book)..

Most recently, a booked cruise had 2 price drops in the 50 days prior to final payment, saving us >10% off the original price.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

There ya go.  Joy is relocating again for more dry dock work (record-shattering within NCL's fleet for the "most" frequently dry docking) with amazing prices for those that appreciate sea days, don't mind wave riding across the Atlantic and don't mind the absence of production shows in the main theater (live games do not count, at least for us)

Coupled that with solo offers, TA incentives and rebates (free "grats") and maybe a bit of extra OBC, toss in maybe "possible" CruiseNext DoubleUp offer (strictly "speculation" now as incentive to fill the ship(s) during the winter months - possible deals ahead, just wildly guessing ... I know that 2 of our CC friends just booked a last minute deal for early December.  Flying to/from FL ports in mid Winter, that's the art of fine "gambling" against mother nature - DW respectfully declined to risk being stranded for 2 nights at/near an away-from-home airport's cold floor with El Nino ... 

NCL's Q3 financials coming out next week, maybe that'll motivate marketing & finance to do a little extra, doubtful, however. 

Henry....Beginning to become accustomed to the "new" way of finding good NCL fares.....use Cruise Next and Cruise First certs.  Using one of each, nets a $400 discount, at minimum (following their Ts and Cs).  Sometimes they let us double up.  

Keeping an eye on fares is still a "hobby" I regularly (as in daily) participate in.

It's a "goal" for me to book Balcony Cabins for $1,500 (or less) on 7 day cruises.  Sometimes I'm even able to book Club Balcony Cabins for that (or less).  Best I had found was an $800 cabin last year about this time for a NE/Canada 7 nite sailing.

Finding some Haven Cabins that are attractive, too.....right around $4K, w/FAS, all in.  Use CN and CF certs, that puts the fares right around $3,600.

Sales?.....I just don't look at those as they are just a regurgitation of the sales NCL seems to (re) use over and over.

Joy seems to be a ship that NCL doesn't seem to know what to do with.  I know it didn't work for its original market and was retrofitted.  But, it can't seem to "find a home".

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

CRUISENEXT DOUBLEUP! OFFER
Booking Window: October 27th– November 1st, 2023 11:59pm EST
Offer Details: Book any stateroom on any cruise booked 4 months prior to sailing and apply 2 CruiseNext deposits.
• Guests must book at least 4-months prior to sailing for any sailing in 2023 and forward

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ixtoras said:

I'd like to see that too, but based on the current Latitudes "Past guest cruise offers"  they'll only be offering it for cruises in December 2023.  I've been checking all year and haven't seen a single 2024 cruise listed for extra latitudes points.   Right now there's only the 8 south pacific cruises listed.

The "triple up" promotion is referring to being able to use 3 CruiseNext certificates, vs. the current CRUISENEXT DOUBLEUP! OFFER

Extra latitude points offers are separate and unrelated.

• Like 1