Oasis Class Show Quantity

Before Covid it seems like the Oasis Class ships I went on had 2 production shows, 2 ice skating shows, and 2 Aqua theater shows, all different. Our last time on Oasis it only had one show per venue. Is this the new norm or is entertainment just not consistent across the fleet?

6 minutes ago, crazyfrazee said:

Before Covid it seems like the Oasis Class ships I went on had 2 production shows, 2 ice skating shows, and 2 Aqua theater shows, all different. Our last time on Oasis it only had one show per venue. Is this the new norm or is entertainment just not consistent across the fleet?

New norm

Symphony last week had scheduled:

Hairspray & Flight (Royal Theatre)

1977 & iSkate 2.0 (Studio B)

Hiro & Aqua Nation (Aquatheatre) 

iSkate and Aqua Nation (which was cancelled due to weather) weren’t full production shows but shorter showcases.

In the theatre there was also one headliner (a magician) and a family comedy show.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, crazyfrazee said:

I've wondered this about Oasis myself. Been on her three times post-pandemic and while other ships are back to having different performances, Oasis gets Cats only in the theater.

As an example, we were on Odyssey this year = 4 different guest performers in the theater, and 2 different production shows

When we were on Oasis this year = 2 different guest performers in the theater, and 1 production show. 

Edited by robmtx
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am surprised that they sailed full.  As the itinery was nothing to write home about.

Pt Canaveral,  coco cay, and Nassau.  I notice the same itinery on many of their ships.

Also they had a kids sail free promo.  Maybe that helped them book out the cabins.

The assistant entertainment director told me they had 1000 children on board my sailing.

Also I looked for the tribute bands on my sailing and did not see any. 

14 hours ago, Cruise Girl Forever said:

I am surprised that they sailed full.  As the itinery was nothing to write home about.

Pt Canaveral,  coco cay, and Nassau.  I notice the same itinery on many of their ships.

Also they had a kids sail free promo.  Maybe that helped them book out the cabins.

The assistant entertainment director told me they had 1000 children on board my sailing.

Also I looked for the tribute bands on my sailing and did not see any. 

Every cruise is sailing full. Most of the cruises out of NJ have this itinerary.  

On 10/29/2023 at 12:37 PM, Cruise Girl Forever said:

Just sailed Oasis in the beginning of October 2023.  One each production, Ice and Aqua.

2 production shows Cats & One Sky and Earl Turner and the Adult Comedy team in the Theatre.

On 11/20/2023 at 7:27 AM, robmtx said:

Is One Sky back in production? It wasn't on our last 3 Oasis sailings (2022-2023)

Yep- 10\1 it was on...I think it only showed maybe twice, though. BUT I also think it was still considered to be "in preview" so it may be doing more shows now. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 5:42 AM, Scottdalfonso said:

Yep- 10\1 it was on...I think it only showed maybe twice, though. BUT I also think it was still considered to be "in preview" so it may be doing more shows now. 

It was offered 2x on our cruise 12/3.

Sherri🙂

3 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Does Oasis still have the Jazz Club?  Other ships still have it?

No jazz club but there was jazz concerts in Central Park several  nights.  And in the promenade.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got off Harmony and had multiple shows in each venue:

Grease and Columbus in the Theater

Fine Line and Big Daddy's Hideaway Resort in the Aqua Theater

1887 and iSkate in Studio B

So it may just be an Oasis issue and not an Oasis class issue.  We also could find jazz playing across the ship in different venues each night too (Central Park, Dazzles, Promenade, etc.).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a pity about the Jazz club.  I always thought this venue featured the best of the onboard musicians.  The Schooner Bar pianists and pub guitarists just haven't been all that great lately for me and the Central Park music too infrequent anymore.  And it was nice to rely on having jazz played in one venue without having to comb the dailies to find it.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2023 at 11:36 AM, crazyfrazee said:

I don’t remember two ice shows or two Aqua shows on Allure prepandemic or on Oasis.

1 Broadway and 1 other production show on Allure yes.

Edited by Tatka

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2023 at 10:04 AM, icsys said:

Earl Turner on for two nights in the theater???

Are Royal struggling to find headliners now??

EDIT... even Earl Turner appears to have been dropped from next weeks Oasis cruise.

According to the app.. there is NO entertainment in the theater on night 2, 3 and 5