O's 2024 pricing is ridiculous!

julia

Long time cruiser here, just checking out some pricing for the fall of 2024 (comparing apples to apples, trust me).  We sailed the Regatta, 7 night California coastal this past Sept in a C-2 verandah cabin for $3398 total fare.  The EXACT same sailing, (in the exact same cabin) for Sept 2024 is $6198....  a $2800 increase!!  That is SIMPLY MORE ridiculous! 😲😪

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, julia said:

Long time cruiser here, just checking out some pricing for the fall of 2024 (comparing apples to apples, trust me).  We sailed the Regatta, 7 night California coastal this past Sept in a C-2 verandah cabin for $3398 total fare.  The EXACT same sailing, (in the exact same cabin) for Sept 2024 is $6198....  a $2800 increase!!  That is SIMPLY MORE ridiculous! 😲😪

The September 2024 LA to LA?  When I look I see C-2 at $2249 per person or $4498 for two without air.  Still more of course but not seeing the 6198. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, julia said:

While I won't argue the prices aren't expensive or the increase dramatic,  it's not an apples to apples comparison. 

Sadly, the world has changed since you booked the first cruise, presumably in 2021 or so.  The cost of everything has gone up dramatically since the pricing was done for your first cruise.  Oil, food, labor, other supplies up dramatically.   All of that is passed on.   They don't simply keep the prices the same or raise them slightly.   

On top of that, NCL corporation has reported record bookings and there's a travel boom.  Have you compared hotel or airfare to 2021/22?

I don't see anyone threatening to not book a cruise because it's more expensive than 1990, 2000, etc.  This is no different.   It simply a reflection of the economic conditions in the world.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, julia said:

Shop around. I would never do the mock booking to price check because yeah, you'll get shell shock. 

We just got 12 nights on Vista for $2199 with SM. So deals are to be had.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, julia said:

Is that for Sept 26?

You can book a C2 in CAD for  $3049  no air 🤔

29 minutes ago, FeliciaLee said:

Shop around. I would never do the mock booking to price check because yeah, you'll get shell shock. 

We just got 12 nights on Vista for $2199 with SM. So deals are to be had.

And sometimes sticker price isn't what you'll actually pay. IIRC the Oceania website "Promotional Fare
W/O Airfare" SM price for our 2024 10 nights on Nautica (B4 veranda) was ~$3600+; we paid $2300.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

The September 2024 LA to LA?  When I look I see C-2 at $2249 per person or $4498 for two without air.  Still more of course but not seeing the 6198. 

And some sites have it at $1799 (inside), $2149 (window). Sure, a far cry from the $700 earlier this year, but it does include SM, and who knows, next spring/summer it could drop even further. 

Edited by FeliciaLee

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Is that for Sept 26?

You can book a C2 in CAD for  $3049  no air 🤔

I see the same. I have no idea where OP sees those prices. Maybe they meant the price to two people? But even this is higher than what I see on the website.

btw, we did a similar cruise in Sep.2022 and paid $4,349 CAD for PH3. The 2024 cruise is $4,899 CAD in PH3, so $450 CAD increase, but now it includes SM.

Got to love those ridiculous topic titles that have nothing common with reality! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

I see the same. I have no idea where OP sees those prices. Maybe they meant the price to two people? But even this is higher than what I see on the website.

btw, we did a similar cruise in Sep.2022 and paid $4,349 CAD for PH3. The 2024 cruise is $4,899 CAD in PH3, so $450 CAD increase, but now it includes SM.

Got to love those ridiculous topic titles that have nothing common with reality! 

Only thing I can think is they meant an A-2 and not a C-2 in looking at the USD pricing.  That would be for 2 people and not pp.  if that is the case now that certainly changes the narrative but now have no idea what is or is not reality!!! Who knows.  Also, no idea if the 2023 was purchased under some major sales event. Just a bit too much missing or inaccurate information to really get a feel for it. And hey, tomorrow is a new month and maybe a new Oceania sale?!!!! 

15 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Only thing I can think is they meant an A-2 and not a C-2 in looking at the USD pricing.  That would be for 2 people and not pp.  if that is the case now that certainly changes the narrative but now have no idea what is or is not reality!!! Who knows.  Also, no idea if the 2023 was purchased under some major sales event. Just a bit too much missing or inaccurate information to really get a feel for it. And hey, tomorrow is a new month and maybe a new Oceania sale?!!!! 

Maybe, I have no idea really what they meant because they just disappeared after posting..

I can comment about 2025 prices because we just booked 2 cruises on Vista for 2025. Before SM typical price for B5 for around $500 CAD per night. We booked 2 cruises on Vista one at $450 and one at $490 per night (first one was a bit off season, end of October, but the second one in June).

So some of the prices are actually very similar to prices before SM, but include now drinks and excursion credit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Maybe, I have no idea really what they meant because they just disappeared after posting..

I can comment about 2025 prices because we just booked 2 cruises on Vista for 2025. Before SM typical price for B5 for around $500 CAD per night. We booked 2 cruises on Vista one at $450 and one at $490 per night (first one was a bit off season, end of October, but the second one in June).

So some of the prices are actually very similar to prices before SM, but include now drinks and excursion credit. 

We also booked two B2B Vista cruises for June-July 2025. I feel the prices are very reasonable especially when you consider that everything has become more expensive nowadays. I didn’t compare prices per day but they’re definitely in the same price range that we used to pay before SM.

It’s surprising how people can’t stop complaining about the prices, tipping etc…For me it’s simple - if I can’t afford something I won’t buy it.

• Like 2

Oceania plays hardball with pricing.  Starting with a base price that is always carries a 2-for-1 offer, then different prices for the same cabin on the same cruise with different "combinablity" restrictions (OCAPP perks/no OCAPP perks, AmEx perks/no AmEx perks, loyalty perks/only some loyalty perks, etc), then quiet sales, plus the stuff I hadn't figured out yet.

Then they "moved my cheese" with SimplyMORE.  😖

Truly opaque.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

Oceania plays hardball with pricing.  Starting with a base price that is always carries a 2-for-1 offer, then different prices for the same cabin on the same cruise with different "combinablity" restrictions (OCAPP perks/no OCAPP perks, AmEx perks/no AmEx perks, loyalty perks/only some loyalty perks, etc), then quiet sales, plus the stuff I hadn't figured out yet.

Then they "moved my cheese" with SimplyMORE.  😖

Truly opaque.

I don't see different prices for the same cabin on the website. They have SM with air or SM without air. That's it.

Every line has loyalty perks or other perks, but they are not on the website.

For years people called oLife pricing opaque. Now they simplified the pricing with only 2 options, but people still call it opaque.. 

Unreal.

• Like 3

If you believe that the cruise prices is a value to you, then book. If you believe that the price isn't a value to you, then don't book. Market demand determines price.

Edited by Orator
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

We usually take a winter Caribbean cruise.  Since we have visited most of the islands, we don’t care which islands are on the itinerary.  Some days, we stay on the ship and just relax.  We prefer Marina or Riviera.  We choose not to sail on the R ships.  We will be on Vista in January 2024.  Looking ahead for possible  winter 2025, I don’t see any Caribbean only sailings on Marina, Riviera, or Vista.  I am not interested in Central or South America.  Once through the Panama Canal was enough.  In addition, I noticed cruise fares are much higher to pay for the mandatory beverages and excursions.  I expect price increases due to the economy. However, the Vista cruise that we booked before SM is almost double with SM. I am hoping that Oceania will reinstate a cruise only fare.  If not, we will be rethinking our 2025 vacation.  

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

We will be on Vista in January 2024.  Looking ahead for possible  winter 2025, I don’t see any Caribbean only sailings on Marina, Riviera, or Vista.  

Vista will be sailing in the Caribbean winter 2025. There are numerous Miami-Miami cruises available.

13 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

Vista will be sailing in the Caribbean winter 2025. There are numerous Miami-Miami cruises available.

We like to sail in January.  Vista is not doing Caribbean in January. The Vista late Feb into March is a good itinerary. It’s not the best dates for us.  We will likely find a different vacation.