No Sparkling Wine in cabin on embarcation?

2flacruisers

we booked a guarantee suite.  We were assigned a Sky Suite, which indicated that we would have a bottle of Sparkling Wine in the cabin.  I went to check our reservation and it now does not say Sparkling Wine will be in the room at embarkation.  Can anyone in a Sky Suite let me know if, in fact, there was Sparkling Wine in the cabin?  I realize that we do have the drink package and can get a glass of wine anywhere, but it is nice to have the bottle in the room.

thanks in advance....

48 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

we booked a guarantee suite.  We were assigned a Sky Suite, which indicated that we would have a bottle of Sparkling Wine in the cabin.  I went to check our reservation and it now does not say Sparkling Wine will be in the room at embarkation.  Can anyone in a Sky Suite let me know if, in fact, there was Sparkling Wine in the cabin?  I realize that we do have the drink package and can get a glass of wine anywhere, but it is nice to have the bottle in the room.

thanks in advance....

I think with the new changes for Sky Suites, you now have to request it from your retreat host. Also be aware that you are allowed to carry on 1 bottle of wine per person over 21 to enjoy in your cabin. Honestly, this is your best bet as you’ll at least enjoy what you like compared to the cheap bottle Celebrity provides. 

• Like 1

Often in Sky Suite there is an ice bucket and glasses, but no bottle yet. We had a note next to the ice bucket saying to let your room attendant (retreat host) know when you want it iced. We always ask for a bottle of cabernet instead. We really don't like the sparkling. 

• Like 1

We were in Aqua Class on our last cruise. Just had to ask the room attendant for it. No problem, delivered on ice. It was horrible, we ended up dumping it down the drain.

Will not both on next cruise. 

• Like 2

It isn't required to accept what Celebrity gives you. I have always specified exactly what I want and it is ready and waiting.

If you don't like the offering, you should have no problem requesting any bottle of genuine champagne or sparkling wine.

True, you may have to pay for it. Then again, if you're going for memorable, seems an easy lift.

• Like 1

The offering that "comes with the room" is terrible. If you want something nice for the room, you will have to buy a bottle.

As you have the package, go to the nearest bar, get a glass or two and go back to your room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

I think with the new changes for Sky Suites, you now have to request it from your retreat host. Also be aware that you are allowed to carry on 1 bottle of wine per person over 21 to enjoy in your cabin. Honestly, this is your best bet as you’ll at least enjoy what you like compared to the cheap bottle Celebrity provides. 

Totally agree with this!

bring on what you want to drink in your room and skip the free "rot gut"!

• Like 1

On our last cruise I deferred to my DW and asked for white wine.  We opened it and each took a sip and immediately poured the rest of the glass out.  I went down to the Retreat Lounge and talked with the bartender.  I ended up leaving with a nice bottle of wine for which we were never charged.  

On our next cruise I think I am just going to specify a specific wine versus asking for what is on their list and see what happens.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

On our last cruise I deferred to my DW and asked for white wine.  We opened it and each took a sip and immediately poured the rest of the glass out.  I went down to the Retreat Lounge and talked with the bartender.  I ended up leaving with a nice bottle of wine for which we were never charged.  

On our next cruise I think I am just going to specify a specific wine versus asking for what is on their list and see what happens.  

They have accommodated every one of our requests. It will be in room and chilled without delay.

We are willing to pay the extra cost, though, for very specific preferences.

No one has to accept the dregs which some state they have received. Order specifically what you want and they'll happily and quickly accommodate.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

Totally agree with this!

bring on what you want to drink in your room and skip the free "rot gut"!

If you have a drink package you can drink the wine you bring onboard anywhere on the ship for free. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cbfb said:

If you have a drink package you can drink the wine you bring onboard anywhere on the ship for free. 

After you open it, but if you take the bottle with you into, say the MDR, you pay a corkage fee.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

After you open it, but if you take the bottle with you into, say the MDR, you pay a corkage fee.

guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard one (1) 750 ml bottle of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package

• Like 2

23 hours ago, 2flacruisers said:

thanks in advance....

You request the bottle from your room steward. We use it for mimosas on our balcony. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

Not if you have the Basic or Premium drink package. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/conduct-policy#alcohol-policy

"Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard one (1) 750 ml bottle of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Not if you have the Basic or Premium drink package. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/conduct-policy#alcohol-policy

"Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when each guest (of legal drinking age) is permitted to bring onboard one (1) 750 ml bottle of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per guest. A corkage fee does not apply to guests with the Classic Beverage Package or Premium Beverage Package."

Please see post #21