Cow butt cabin

All the freedom class ships have it. The benefits are a free scoop of B & J ice cream per person each night and access to the Suite Lounge (you'll get a separate key from the concierge). We were in it on Liberty and I didn't like it, not enough storage space for 2 people on a 7 night cruise. The bovine rear end didn't bother us, husband was raised on the family dairy farm.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

We were in it on Liberty and I didn't like it, not enough storage space for 2 people on a 7 night cruise.

I’d live out of my suitcase for what’s essentially free suite lounge access.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I’d live out of my suitcase for what’s essentially free suite lounge access.

It's a promenade cabin. I like them. Regular insides they put the bed in so tight of a space hard to get around it. I like these because the bed is easy to walk around. The drawers are bigger and deeper but about half as many.  Enough for me of course. 

I havent had one. Keep just missing out. Upgraded to a nonconnecting pr. The cow cabin is a connecting pr. .. cow cabin came open later after prices went up. Couldnt change, different category. Before covid was all the same category. 

50 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It's a promenade cabin. I like them.

We only had one once for 3 nights and didn't care for the layout and the storage. I can see how a solo would like it more.

There are at least three different layouts for regular interiors on Wonder. One has the bed along the wall like a balcony room, one has it along the back wall like other ships, and another has it along the back wall but there's not even a couch, just a small chair. As long as I avoid the chair, which I think we did, I'm fine with either of the others.

We liked our CP interior on Allure. We didn't need it but we liked the layout and it was bigger than a regular. We spent zero time on the bench and our view was mostly blocked, but the extra space and light coming in was nice. Just had to remember to close the curtains... something we're not used to, lol.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

I just read a review of someone that was in this room and claimed the benefits were ending soon- gonna see if I can find it. 

EDIT: Found it... I have no idea where the info came from, but this was the post: 

Recently sailed and we had an amazing cruise and the perks that came along with the “sweet” were pretty great. Sadly I am disappointed they are going away with it! The complimentary drinks during happy hour (5-8PM) along with the access to the suite lounge were awesome and the free ice cream was great! Last but not least concierge team made you feel welcome and were A+

Edited by Scottdalfonso

We've been in the Ben and Jerry room twice, once on Independence before the pandemic and once on Liberty after the pandemic.  See signature links for comments/pictures of both.

Both gave free ice cream, access to the suite lounge and priority departure.

With Independence before the pandemic, we got a gold card, so whatever other suites could do we could do (e.g. sweets brought to our room, suite seats at the theatre, could sit at Chops for breakfast, etc).

With Liberty after the pandemic, we were only give then ice cream vouchers.  We went to Guest Services though and told them about the room and after a few calls we were given Suite access.  To us, this was the main benefit as we got free drinks before/after dinner.

We enjoy promenade rooms.  They are a bit small but the room was cute and we were fine with the loss of the true view.  Definitely worth it for us.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Just a free scoop of ice cream, nothin else, within reason of course!!

When we were on Liberty last December, it was more of a secret.  We had to go to Guest Services and ask for the Suite access.  Hopefully they still at least grant it if you ask...but of course, is sucks that you have to ask.  i.e. no letter in the room

I have been cruising Royal for 19 years and must admit I am unfamiliar with this cabin class and the perks that apply.  DW and I book Grand Suites so it's not surprising, but please fill me in.  If I'm reading these posts correctly, they come with gold cards and access to the suite lounge?  How big are they, what is the general cost, etc.?  How many are available and on which ships?  Thank you kindly.

1 minute ago, st5310 said:

How big are they, what is the general cost, etc.?  How many are available and on which ships? 

The cabin is a regular promenade view cabin (classified as an interior) and there's one per Freedom class ship.

1 minute ago, st5310 said:

I have been cruising Royal for 19 years and must admit I am unfamiliar with this cabin class and the perks that apply.  DW and I book Grand Suites so it's not surprising, but please fill me in.  If I'm reading these posts correctly, they come with gold cards and access to the suite lounge?  How big are they, what is the general cost, etc.?  How many are available and on which ships?  Thank you kindly.

That's the beauty of it...it's just a regular promenade room, but it is only for room 6305.

They decorate it with cows (less over the top than they used to) and you get extra benefits.  

It's only on Independence, Liberty and Freedon.

1 minute ago, LuCruise said:

That's the beauty of it...it's just a regular promenade room, but it is only for room 6305.

They decorate it with cows (less over the top than they used to) and you get extra benefits.  

It's only on Independence, Liberty and Freedon.

Okay, so it's one specific cabin.  Wow, what a deal!  There must be a lot of competition for it.

• Like 2

We've stayed in it on indy. It was a lot of fun especially as I didn't warn my husband I'd booked it so his face was a picture. We were only on a 3 nighter so the fact a lot of the storage shelves were taken up with cow trinkets wasn't an issue but maybe would be on a longer cruise.

The benefits were minimal to be honest. They didnt give us the suite lounge access, we did go and have a look but tailed someone in with the intention of asking staff in there about our passes. Didn't bother in the end as we didn't think we'd use it. Ended up giving away the ice cream vouchers as we were eating enough dessert in the MDR.

Oh they did deliver some nasty canapés on formal night lol.

It's a fun cabin to try though considering it costs no more 

Been in contact with Rc they said all decorations and benefits have been removed as of October 2023 

We have booked it now we can't cancel unless we lose our deposit I dont know if we can transfer to another cabin it is avery noisy cabin because its got a service door behind the headboard

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Holly123red said:

Been in contact with Rc they said all decorations and benefits have been removed as of October 2023 

We have booked it now we can't cancel unless we lose our deposit I dont know if we can transfer to another cabin it is avery noisy cabin because its got a service door behind the headboard

That’s a shame about the perks. You should be able to switch to the same category cabin for free. I have done that many times.

On 11/4/2023 at 4:47 PM, OCSC Mike said:

I love your name for it, lol, but I believe it’s affectionately called the Ben & Jerry’s Sweet.

I love it too! I think they should rename it.  Affectionately, of course. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holly123red said:

Maybe go to guest services when onboard and see?  We had to enquire to obtain suite lounge access, but that was Dec of last year.  Doesn't hurt to try, and sometimes the phone agents get the wrong info.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holly123red said:

You can definitely change to another room in the same category for no cost.  Just call whoever you booked with (travel agent or Royal Caribbean) to accomplish this. 

As for the service door, I never noticed it myself when in that room.  Some people do, some people don't.  It's not a guarantee that the room will be noisy.  I think some people are just way more sensitive (or enjoy finding things to complain about) than others.