Ordering set menu items from MDR when in Blu

mlanders

53 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

Who said a menu makes them puke? Third grade palate? Just because people do not like how the menu has changed and has the audacity to criticize doesn’t have anything to do with a sophisticated palate or not   

On 11/10/2023 at 9:15 AM, georgetheblue said:

Will be on Connie, assigned to Blu.  The Blu dinner menus make me puke.  I don’t eat duck, pheasant, veal, lamb.   I plan to ask for the MDR menu every night in addition.  I understand this should not be a big deal since MDR and Blu are basically in the same room.  I chose an aqua suite for cabin location, Persian garden entry and the fact that I will not be waiting in a long line for a table to open up in MDR.  I refuse to deal with OVC carrying a tray around looking for an open seat.  Perhaps if Celebrity had given me more OBC I would have booked a Tuscan Grill package for the entire cruise now that I can see the Blu menus on the current sailing.

1 hour ago, mlmbar said:

Who said a menu makes them puke? Third grade palate? Just because people do not like how the menu has changed and has the audacity to criticize doesn’t have anything to do with a sophisticated palate or not   

Post #9

1 hour ago, mlmbar said:

On our two other cruises on equinox, we loved blue, and looked forward to dinner. Every night. My point is, it’s not the same. The menu choices are not as appealing, and this comes from corporate. We had the ribeye steak the first night, and it was nothing like, the picture shown here. It was dry and tough 

We were on the TA on the Reflection last month. The Blu menu was so disappointing. We’ve been doing Aqua Class since it started. Every cruise we looked forward to it. Loved the baked brie with pepper jelly! Not this time. I don’t eat seafood. There were 7 starters one night. Five were seafood. 

2 hours ago, mlmbar said:

Where did I say I wanted to eat a piece of beef every night???  I rarely eat beef. I also do not eat lamb and veal.

Some have said they don't like duck, pheasant, lamb or veal. Some have said they don't like fish.

Tell me what is left other than a piece of beef....or possibly chicken?

10 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Some have said they don't like duck, pheasant, lamb or veal. Some have said they don't like fish.

Tell me what is left other than a piece of beef....or possibly chicken?

Excellent point…

24 minutes ago, tfred said:

the "we like everything about Blu except the food" comments strike me as strange. Who goes to a restaurant where they don't like the food then asks for a menu from a different restaurant ?

I never said that. I think a lot are missing the point that sone of us are making. I liked Blu FOR THE FOOD. I also liked the ambiance. However, my last trip, a few weeks ago, the food was very disappointing and how would I know that before going there?  

the menu in Blu and Luminae is not as expansive as the MDR by design.  To enjoy those venues one would need to be able to eat a wide variety of food- seafood, duck, lamb.  Once you cut off those proteins you are left with chicken, veg and pasta 

in general I dont think the food is disappointing, it is the menu choices that some find limiting/disappointing  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While it is true I am a picky eater I expect to find something I love on each evening’s dinner menu either from Blu or MDR.  Why do they bother listing 50 alcoholic beverages and very limited entree options?   My point is—the waiter is required to find a bar for each beverage order, he will need to do the same for my dinner order.  I don’t care.

1 hour ago, georgetheblue said:

While it is true I am a picky eater I expect to find something I love on each evening’s dinner menu either from Blu or MDR.  Why do they bother listing 50 alcoholic beverages and very limited entree options?   My point is—the waiter is required to find a bar for each beverage order, he will need to do the same for my dinner order.  I don’t care.

having a bar setup in the back is pretty easy to organize. Having a huge menu prep area is another since so many ingredients are needed   

Blu and Luminae are meant to be a bit more edgy in food menu which is why the menu doesnt look like Cheesecake Factory.   The classics part of the menu - beef, chicken or salmon is supposed to be safety valve for selective eaters 

The menus are what the are and in general I think that they are pretty good in Blu and Luminae.    Some people complain when there is no seafood, others when there is too much. 

MDR and BLU do not have the same kitchen,  so maybe  not so easy peasy .

BLU has great soups, fresh salads, veggies and bread..lower fat & salt..

We will ask for all dressings,  sauces and gravy on  the side so we can see our  food.  We skip dessert.

On 11/6/2023 at 1:26 PM, mrgabriel said:

We have always been told NO but we have not sailed on E-class ships. 

But if you want the menu in MDR, could you just eat in the MDR? Seems like a lot of work for the wait staff to have to go to another kitchen - even if it is close by. 

Was on the Equinox in Sept had no problem ordering from the MDR

On 11/11/2023 at 12:03 AM, CruisersTimesThree said:

Are you in a regular Aqua Class cabin, or an Aqua Class Sky Suite? If you are in the suite, your dining venue is Luminae, the Suite dining room.
Blu is an option to all Suite passengers, but only if there is availability and it needs to be set up in advance with Blu’s Maitre d’. 
If you are in just a regular Aqua cabin, then it’s Blu. 

It's extremely rare (albeit not impossible) that a suite passenger would be turned away in Blu, especially in higher level suites.  And I've never needed to set up anything in advance.  It's polite to do so, but not necessary.

On 11/10/2023 at 6:15 AM, georgetheblue said:

Will be on Connie, assigned to Blu.  The Blu dinner menus make me puke.  I don’t eat duck, pheasant, veal, lamb.   I plan to ask for the MDR menu every night in addition.  I understand this should not be a big deal since MDR and Blu are basically in the same room.  I chose an aqua suite for cabin location, Persian garden entry and the fact that I will not be waiting in a long line for a table to open up in MDR.  I refuse to deal with OVC carrying a tray around looking for an open seat.  Perhaps if Celebrity had given me more OBC I would have booked a Tuscan Grill package for the entire cruise now that I can see the Blu menus on the current sailing.

I agree with you about some of the food choices in Blu. I also wont eat duck, pheasant, veal, lamb. But would add quail, pigeon/swab and Blu meatloaf (damp and soggy) that looked like cat food from a tin. We were just on Eclipse and the food in Luminae was not very good. The food I ate from the MDR was very good.