Pricelist for "Stateroom Amenities" -- bathrobes, etc.

JennysUncle

That's interesting - it might be a way of keeping people from pilfering things from the room.  Their onboard account would likely be charged those amounts if they were discovered to be missing upon their departure.

• Like 2

FYI...you can take the ones in your cabin off the ship while in port.  In particular, the binoculars and umbrella are very useful in some ports/excursions.  I don't recall a HAL beach towel ever being in our cabin, but they are available for free use when you walk off the ship for those ports that have beaches nearby; when we return with the beach towels we usually just leave them in our bathroom and the attendants take them when they clean the room.

Who would want a HAL make-up mirror...there doesn't seem to be anything special about them?

2 hours ago, Torquer said:

Who would want a HAL make-up mirror...there doesn't seem to be anything special about them?

I would think they are just quoting the price in case one is 'accidentally removed' 😉 from the stateroom.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Torquer said:

I don't recall a HAL beach towel ever being in our cabin, but they are available for free use when you walk off the ship for those ports that have beaches nearby; when we return with the beach towels we usually just leave them in our bathroom and the attendants take them when they clean the room.

The beach towels have been in the rooms for a while.  They are no longer handed out when you walk off the ship.

they are in the closet with dividers to hold things at the bottom

4 hours ago, Torquer said:

You would be surprised what some people may take.  I found that out on a cruise with a short 2 / 3 day B2B attached (we were on the entire thing).  My binoculars, Bose speaker were gone to mention a few and our mini bar was locked.  It was corrected fast.  Our stewards go the wrong message for our cabin apparently but there was a reason for it, I found out.  

4 hours ago, kazu said:

The beach towels have been in the rooms for a while.  They are no longer handed out when you walk off the ship.

they are in the closet with dividers to hold things at the bottom

In our K'dam Vista Suite last New Years, I believe they were in the cabinet that defines the sleeping from the sitting room. Unless I moved them there! 

But definitely in the room. 

2 hours ago, ski ww said:

On our last cruise in July I asked at the front desk if I could buy one of their new blankets and was told they are not for sale. I'll try again on our next cruise.

Last month on the Rotterdam, I used the blanket in my room for a few days and loved it!  I was able to purchase the blanket from guest services for the $35 listed on the price list posted above. It was charged to my own board account so I got to use OBC and my cabin steward brought a new one to me the next day in a thick plastic carrier to take home. I will say my customer service desk rep had to go get someone else to find it in the computer so maybe they are not all trained on what may be available. 

If someone tells you no (unless its because they do not have any to sell), I would use the Navigator app to send a message about purchasing one to guest services and ask for a reply. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That list made perfect sense until I got to "make up mirror." Who the steals that?

I'm hoping that "little clippy things on the bottom of pants hangers" makes the list before our next sailing.

• Haha 5

On 11/6/2023 at 3:14 PM, Torquer said:

...I don't recall a HAL beach towel ever being in our cabin, but they are available for free use when you walk off the ship for those ports that have beaches nearby; when we return with the beach towels we usually just leave them in our bathroom and the attendants take them when they clean the room...

HAL beach/pool towels are the blue & white striped towels that are usually in the closet, seen in the very bottom of this picture. I moved them there (along w/the robes) from another shelf. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I've never not received them. If that were to happen, just ask your cabin steward. 20231109_081119.thumb.jpg.c8b4bc463f24f8e5ee9cf13755f98312.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Tried to purchase a bathrobe on last cruise (last week) and was told at the front desk that they did not have any for sale.

I find the spa to be a good resource for locating robes. No guarantee but worth an ask.