Black Friday Sale

Jancruz

Read the T&Cs for each sale and you'll see they are not combinable with other 'sale' prices - no double-dipping.  Also, these are for new bookings only.  You'll have to have your travel agent confer with Oceania to determine which sale is the best for you.  Then, you might want to cancel and re-book (unless your TA is persuasive enough with O to wrangle a deal and get you more than 1 deal price).

In my case, the prior guest discount was the best deal for me.  That's what I booked 2 months ago, so I'm content with my deal.

1 hour ago, golfguyhhi said:

Read the T&Cs for each sale and you'll see they are not combinable with other 'sale' prices - no double-dipping.  Also, these are for new bookings only.  You'll have to have your travel agent confer with Oceania to determine which sale is the best for you. 

My cruise has been booked for several months and I was able to get the price adjusted.

• Like 2

We booked the Lima to Buenos Aires cruise on Marina (December 2024) while on board Insignia in June.  Our B-4 is now listed at $1,000 pp less with availability.  I will check with our TA tomorrow to see if Oceania will honor the reduction in price. I will follow up with a post on my experience.

Joel Barry

12 hours ago, TFree said:

I looked at six or eight cruises yesterday online, and then I looked at the same cruises again today. I see either no difference or a negligible difference on those cruises. Most of them are on the sale.

My only conclusion is that either they posted the sale prices yesterday without announcing them, or this sale is a big nothing burger. I am going to ask at the future cruise desk on Vista. 

Tom & Judy

The cruise we ended booking did go on sale yesterday, at least on some websites, although we waited until today to book (as we were also eyeing another cruise).  Very happy to have saved $3200 ($1600 pp) for an Oceanview room on the Riviera for our Mediterranean 12 day cruise.  Looking forward to our first Oceania cruise!

I think it's possible to determine what's on sale.  Take the brochure fare and divide by two.  If the result equals the "promotional fare with airfare" then that category is not on sale.  If it's less then it's on sale.  For the cruise I was looking at PH1's were not on sale but A's,B's and C's were on sale.  Don't know if my logic is correct but seems to correlate.  I just wish it would be clearly listed and didn't need to use a top secret decoder algorithm to determine. 🙂 

Edited by davencl
  • Like 1

I am very pleased to report that Oceania honored the "Black Friday" sale price on our Lima to Buenos Aires cruise (Dec 24-Jan 25) resulting in a $2400 savings.  I know that there has been a great deal of negative comments regarding "customer service" from Oceania but I am a satisfied customer. FYI all of the "Black Friday" eligible cruises with pricing is available on the website.

Joel Barry

• Like 1

I am very confused, and amazed!!! 

I took a look at the cruise that my DH and I booked a few weeks ago during a Labor Day sale (booked it with our travel agency) to see if there had been any change.  Had not expected any, since the cruise is not listed as one of the 100 cruises on sale.  But I got curious to see if the price had gone back up since that LD sale. 

Let me preface that we got a fantastic deal on our 7 night Caribbean cruise on the Vista!!!   It was booked without air.

First, I checked Oceania's website and also priced the cruise with no air.  Well, not only had our cruise gone up, but it was double what we paid a few weeks ago!!!  Then I checked my TA's website and the price remains the same as we paid.🤨 

See screenshots below.  I don't understand how our TA can charge so much less than what Oceania is asking on their website.

Oceanias Price.jpg

TA Price.jpg

Edited by Iamthesea

24 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Wish I had a TA that knew anything about quiet sales...that's better than a rebate. 

Difficult to obtain a best price guarantee from O, when they have quiet sales, which are not posted on O website, and offered to select TA's.

If pax know about a quiet sale, any TA can book at that price, from my recent experience.

Remember, servicing your booking when issues occur, a well connected TA with O, is more valuable than an OBC or rebate.

An extremely well connected TA helped me with our Alaska cruise.

I looked at a black Friday sale cruise, a nice price.  Checked prior price from a brochure, and itin was changed to omit Israel.  Only problem, disembarks in Valetta.  Air itin would be intolerable to get back to Philly.

Edited by FetaCheese
Addl info

20 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Just booked an A1 Concierge Suite on Insignia for a 2025 Bermuda 🇧🇲 sailing for 2 PAX (7 nights) NY to NY

Flights removed as we can fly

business/first for the difference.

We will do our own thing  pre cruise in Manhattan as we get good deals 

$5832.00 included pre paid gratuities total fare for the two of us 

For the regulars is this a good deal ?

This was the best Bermuda itinerary out there across all the lines - and why we booked it 

Nancy 

Look forward to trying Oceania 

From my observations the Bermuda itins often are included in at least one sale. However, the sales are often not combinable with perks like prepaid grats and the savings end up being lower by the ppg amount when I have done detailed comparisons (depending on sale, cabin category, etc.). For example, the September 2024 Bermuda itins are part of the Black Friday sale. I would have to look up the A1 discount, but the B2 discounts are $300 and $500 per person for a couple of dates (PH3 is $400 andd $700). 7 x $18 is $126, so subtract that.

You're getting the cruise you want at a price you are happy with so be happy 🙂 . If the price lowers in the future, ask you TA/O-rep about reducing your price...be pushy and don't take the first or second "no".

Edited by AMHuntFerry
spelling
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Thank you 

We are happy with the price , and we always pre pay gratuities.

From invoice we have a line item each for $309.00 deducted 

Was just curious not knowing all the dynamics of Oceania if the pricing was above or below a typical 7 day Bermuda sailing for July 

my TA is a relative 👍🏻

Nancy 

Oh, usually when people talk about prepaid grats, they mean they are paid by O and/or their TA. Since you are pre-paying them, ignore my reference to them above.

Not sure what the $309 deduction is for though.

As a note, Bermuda, CA coastals, repositioning, and Caribbean (in no particular order) are typically the lowest cost per day and a good way to "try out" O.

Edited by AMHuntFerry
I keep babbling
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Difficult to obtain a best price guarantee from O, when they have quiet sales, which are not posted on O website, and offered to select TA's.

If pax know about a quiet sale, any TA can book at that price, from my recent experience.

Remember, servicing your booking when issues occur, a well connected TA with O, is more valuable than an OBC or rebate.

An extremely well connected TA helped me with our Alaska cruise.

I looked at a black Friday sale cruise, a nice price.  Checked prior price from a brochure, and itin was changed to omit Israel.  Only problem, disembarks in Valetta.  Air itin would be intolerable to get back to Philly.

Yes we had that one booked before turkey and Israel were Removed. No way am I flying from Valetta for that one. Too many layovers. 

We have been fortunate, in all of our years of cruising we have never needed a TA to intervene on our behalf. But also have never benefitted from a quiet sale. Yes if a quiet sale would become known to me , I'm sure any agent could book it.

19 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

All good 

My TA added them with the initial booking. $126 pp

$309 is on a line that just says additional savings 

Ill take it whatever it is 👍🏻

Nancy 

While I'm in an overly advice-laden mode...be sure you are OK with the size of the showers and bathroom in general on O's smaller R-ships (the ones that are on the Bermuda runs). The O- and A-ships (Marina, Riviera, and Vista) have larger bathrooms that meet modern expectations. The small bathroom is a deal breaker for some.

Also, compare the perks associated with A- vs. B-cabins. Some of the perks are not as useful on R-ships (like lounge) and short itins (like laundry) and the cost difference may not be worth it (varies tremendously by personal tastes).

Edited by AMHuntFerry
BTW $390 is probably the 5-10% early booking bonus for 2025 itins
  • Thanks 1

Yes there are spa showers you can use on R ships. You can also choose to use your cabin shower with the door open (instead of closed) if you wish - the bathroom is a 'wet' room with a drain in the room's floor as well as in the shower. If you're used to sailboats, the R ship shower is fine. If you are used to a 5-piece bath you may find it...confining

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

We even do this at home (as in) 

always use the showers at the gym.

The 3 showers in our house very rarely get used, saves cleaning them as well - win win ✔️

Nancy 

I’d prefer my own bathroom to any public shower anyway. We managed our cabin showers on the O ships, never needed to go to the gym to have a shower.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

It’s just nice to have the alternative option if needed.

Im sure the showers in the cabin on R ships are adequate 🙂 

Either way we will manage 

Nancy 

If it’s your first O cruise you will have a lot more to enjoy on the ship. 
Have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Im sure the showers in the cabin on R ships are adequate 🙂 

"Adequate" is exactly the word, as it has been for us on more than a dozen R-class cruises.  To paraphrase an aphorism often used on this board: Any day with an adequate shower at sea is better than a day with a larger shower at home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3