Premium drink pkg just went down significantly on my two cruises

kands6191

I've been checking daily for price drops on the Premium Drink Package for my 12/2/23 Summit 5 day and my 4/27/24 Apex 5 day cruises.  I went to the site tonight just in time to see the last 15 seconds of the countdown for the expiration of the current 75% off + $300 promotion.  I wondered if the prices would change.  Seems they did for some of the items in the planner.

The Prem Drink Pkg was 54.99 for both cruises.  I had paid 64.99 for one and 69.99 for the other so I saved $300!

I saw that some of the shore excursions had dropped including one that I was going to book independently but with the drop from 81.99 to 59.99 it was only a couple of bucks more than if I went to the vendor directly so I booked it.

I got the Premium Wifi on the 4/27/24 Apex for 15.99, but I'm not sure if it's a good deal since I haven't been watching it.

There was no change in the dining prices.

Hope you can find some good deals too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, kands6191 said:

I've been checking daily for price drops on the Premium Drink Package for my 12/2/23 Summit 5 day and my 4/27/24 Apex 5 day cruises.  I went to the site tonight just in time to see the last 15 seconds of the countdown for the expiration of the current 75% off + $300 promotion.  I wondered if the prices would change.  Seems they did for some of the items in the planner.

The Prem Drink Pkg was 54.99 for both cruises.  I had paid 64.99 for one and 69.99 for the other so I saved $300!

I saw that some of the shore excursions had dropped including one that I was going to book independently but with the drop from 81.99 to 59.99 it was only a couple of bucks more than if I went to the vendor directly so I booked it.

I got the Premium Wifi on the 4/27/24 Apex for 15.99, but I'm not sure if it's a good deal since I haven't been watching it.

There was no change in the dining prices.

Hope you can find some good deals too!

Good job and thanks for the info!  It's great when you find a big sale on the packages and excursions you want.  😀  Off to see if my cruise qualifies for any sales.

Edited by kiwichick62

Check your reservations.  We just upgraded from Classic (included in cruise price) to Premium Drink Package for $6.99 a person per day.  A $20% gratuity was added.  This is for a January 8, 2024 cruise.  Used OBC. Good deal.  😁

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Random Cruizer said:

Thanks for the heads up! I just scored premium drinks and wifi for my cruise!

Same!  We were hoping for a deal for our 12-night TA and were so happy to find this. Having the premium package is a nice little luxury. We opted for wifi for only one of us since we do enjoy being disconnected but wanted the option to check email a few times just in case our dog sitter needs to reach us.

13 hours ago, cluso said:

Check your reservations.  We just upgraded from Classic (included in cruise price) to Premium Drink Package for $6.99 a person per day.  A $20% gratuity was added.  This is for a January 8, 2024 cruise.  Used OBC. Good deal.  😁

Did you do it on an app

@kands6191Thank you so much for the posting.  I was able to rebook wifi for $13.99 a day on our 9 night Equinox cruise in March.  It has gone from $29.99 to $20.99 and I was happy when it dropped in September to $17.99.  I am ecstatic but for it to be $13.99 I am over the moon.  I don't think I have ever paid that price.  Plus for the same cruise I was able to reprice two activites onboard.  Thank you !

9 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

I just booked the Premium Beverage Package for $47.99 per day plus gratuity and Premium WiFi for $13.99 for one device per day for my Fall 2024 APEX transatlantic.  Both prices are by far the lowest per diems I've seen for those items.

I can't find these prices anywhere? Looking in the app it's the ordinary prices that shows. 109 usd/person and day... plus 20 % gratitude.

1 hour ago, sollan said:

I can't find these prices anywhere? Looking in the app it's the ordinary prices that shows. 109 usd/person and day... plus 20 % gratitude.

We have a total of 4 cruises booked on Celebrity for 2024 and 2025.  On 3 of them the prices for onboard activites and wifi went down.  For a 7 day on Apex the wifi actually went up in price so I think it depends on the cruise length,date of sailing and the ship.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 563toM said:

We have a total of 4 cruises booked on Celebrity for 2024 and 2025.  On 3 of them the prices for onboard activites and wifi went down.  For a 7 day on Apex the wifi actually went up in price so I think it depends on the cruise length,date of sailing and the ship.

Thanks, we leave Nov 28 so probably this isn't for us...

My 12/2 cruise had a price drop so I do think it's variable. I have also heard that the prices can go back up at any time if they are able to sell as many as they wanted to. 

I'm glad so many people were able to save money, although not all unfortunately. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sollan said:

Prices vary by ship and date.  You have to go into "Plan my Cruise" for your booked cruise to see the prices applicable to your particular cruise.

• Thanks 1

I've also been checking daily and saw that price drop.  Booked the premium drink package and wi-fi for a summer 2024 sailing on Ascent.

One things to be careful about.  I booked a tour at 35% off, months ago.  Now, it's 45% off, so I thought I'd potentially save some money if I rebooked it.  Nope.  The tour price was about $80 higher, even though it now has a 10% larger discount.  That's apparently because the base price of the tour increased before this sale.

Even though I often buy the drink package, I get mixed feelings about it.  The full-priced drink package seems like a rip-off to me.  At 45% off, it's still not cheap, but the pricing is obviously more tolerable.

I've considered bringing on 4 bottles of good wine, just paying the corkage fee, and buying an extra drink here and there "as needed."  Anyone do that?  I guess it's nice to not have to worry about it, but sometimes the GF grumbles that perhaps it's not needed.  That said, I was on Eclipse recently with a buddy and we did spend a fair amount of time in the World Class Bar.  Drinks at $17 per (plus gratuity) could start to add up quickly.

Edited by Stockjock

Just took advantage of the 45% off premium drink package sale for a cruise in March 2025. As much as I dislike putting out the money for a cruise well over a year away, I just can't justify not doing so. A cup of coffee, some water, two or three drinks and it's paid for. And who knows where the prices will be in 2025?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I've also been checking daily and saw that price drop.  Booked the premium drink package and wi-fi for a summer 2024 sailing on Ascent.

One things to be careful about.  I booked a tour at 35% off, months ago.  Now, it's 45% off, so I thought I'd potentially save some money if I rebooked it.  Nope.  The tour price was about $80 higher, even though it now has a 10% larger discount.  That's apparently because the base price of the tour increased before this sale.

Even though I often buy the drink package, I get mixed feelings about it.  The full-priced drink package seems like a rip-off to me.  At 45% off, it's still not cheap, but the pricing is obviously more tolerable.

I've considered bringing on 4 bottles of good wine, just paying the corkage fee, and buying an extra drink here and there "as needed."  Anyone do that?  I guess it's nice to not have to worry about it, but sometimes the GF grumbles that perhaps it's not needed.  That said, I was on Eclipse recently with a buddy and we did spend a fair amount of time in the World Class Bar.  Drinks at $17 per (plus gratuity) could start to add up quickly.

Yeah, the drink package prices are horrible! We will pay as we go.

Do you happen to know what a G&T (Bombay Saphire) cost?